Game-Labs Forum

Thank you developers

Yachteru

Hello, I know alot happened and I know the developers have good intention in the loki rune. 

PvE may not have liked it and I am sorry many work was wasted but I still want to thank the team for removing it for us. It is not something we take for granted.

I think it was unfair to you guys that some evil people review bomb the game, and it I do not agree to call dev stupid or idiot. That is no way to treat people. 

I cannot say for all PvE server but I know some people and me appreciate it ^^ 

• Like 16

Some of us bought this game when it was as realistic as it could be and are quite sad that it has went on a different path. I am not the review bombing person but I do not have many good words for this game besides that it has potential. The sailing is good but all the mechanics around it are in my honest opinion terrible. The only reason I have not reviewed this game is because I have more negative things to say than positive. In a sense I am actually the more evil person because I am denying steam users what I honestly believe. Its not them being evil, its just them wanting the fundamental design of PVE to be left as it is. The only reason its worth recommending is because there is no other options. Sure someone that wants to sail a ship of the line in a video game will enjoy naval action for a time on the PVE server. I cannot speak for pve because I don't play it. What do I have to say about naval actions pvp server then?

Naval Action is a hardcore, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat sandbox immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas.

Its not Hardcore in my opinion but what is hardcore? A game that lets you use a medikit every few minutes? A game that tells you your positon on the minimap? A game that lets you join the winning side if you pay 20 euros? A game that lets you redeem a ship for 10 euros? A game that lets you buy more buildings slots for 10 euros? Its still p2w btw I just have given up on that point. 

Its not realistic and has shifted away from realism ever since sea trials. Sea trials sailing was not as real and even the hit point system but at the time it was it was trying to be more real. 3 repairs, mistakes were very punishing and when you took damage it meant something. 

Its also not a sandbox game because your choices are far to limited. Again the first version of open world gave you full freedom on who you could attack. You did not like your nation member, you attack him and go pirate. You could attack whatever you wanted and it was a pvpers wet dream. Instead on making those mechanics deeper they removed them. 

Naval action does not meet many of its fundamental game mechanics that gamelabs were aiming at with sea trials. That is a problem for some of us. I could recommend sea trials with all its flaws because it did many things right even with its many flaws. Naval action does almost nothing right. How could I review the current version positive when it is a badly designed game overall. 

I have made many posts over the years about things that I believe are not designed well. I do not want to repeat them here but Naval Action as it currently is, IS NOT a good game. Its a game that had alot of potential but many bad games have that. 

• Like 4

I would like to second this thanks to the Devs. Criticism can fall hard and often the appreciative more silent majority are left unnoticed. I can say, THANKS devs for working hard on recent upgrades like PvE port battles and the many tertiary systems that go along with it. tyvm!

Edited by Bubba Smith
s[elling
  • Like 3

It's basically a problem with players across whole game industry, not just for game-labs - this habit of raging, ranting and punishing if things go different than they see fit. In fact I have seen in other games much worse raging than this short one about Loki Rune on PvE peace server. Reasonable people know how far to go and when it is time to stop after the tactical goal has been achieved. And the others? I sincerely hope those who took the measure of so-called "review-bombing" take back their harsh measure, as the appropriate answer to devs complying with the player community in that matter. I asked for this today after maintenance. I have however no influence beyond doing calls like this one, and I do not share point of view of some of the stubborn type.

For me it was always evident that devs as creators of games are artists - and artists are often sensitive people easily hurt. People should think about that a bit more and act less like entitled brats. Having said this, I think it was a good thing to resist to an unpopular introduction and we all will hopefully mostly agree, that, by removing it, a few more people can be kept in the game as they are no more shocked by unwanted guests on PvE peace server battle instances. This is what all of us should wish for, devs and community: player retention.

I hope devs will see one day it's not "them versus us" even if some as a habit use the macho talking, but appreciate better our concerns and suggestions as they also serve the mentioned purpose: player retention, more fun, which should bring more players or those back who once left. When emotions are heating up, it shows the topic is a thing which is dear to people and they fight for their vision, they have a passion for the project. On both sides of the medal. Would be worse if everyone would be indifferent and not care. Then, faults are most likely not identified and don't get addressed.

We had a series of great new content, namely the new economy system, immersive port interface design, elite NPC, port battles and wind zones on PvE peace server. Hope you will continue to invest time into Naval Action besides new game projects; ideas are plenty and all hanging in the forum, free for the taking.

• Like 4

I think most of the criticism is well-intended, from players with good intentions. Yes, there are some who don't mean well, but I do think most of us would like to see the game succeed.That's certainly true for me.

This isn't your typical "shoot-em-up, with lasers" game. Instead, these are ships from centuries ago. That's a niche market, and I suspect most of us, along with the devs, have some kind of appreciation for history, tradition, the sea, etc. Maybe that's not true, but it is for me - and I don't think you make a game about warships from the 18th century unless you've got some kind of love for it.

It's also worth remembering that there are a lot of different languages, and there are a lot of different cultural values. What might seem like constructive criticism to me might not be received the same way in, I don't know, Russia. Or, maybe my words aren't well-chosen, or any of a lot of other issues that pop up with different languages and cultures.

Anyway, I do appreciate the effort the devs have put into this game. It's a game I enjoy. I certainly don't agree with every decision that has been made, but that doesn't mean I need to stomp my feet and be a jerk (and I've been tempted, that's for sure).

So, yes, I believe a "thank you" is in order.

• Like 1

headnod.

If it is something we dont like, we can show displeasure and work for the change. But the game is suddenly mixed review to mostly negative, that is not good for long term because the reviews can stay there but people who dont know will look at the review and unaware the changes after that. 

2 hours ago, Captain Personthing said:

headnod.

If it is something we dont like, we can show displeasure and work for the change. But the game is suddenly mixed review to mostly negative, that is not good for long term because the reviews can stay there but people who dont know will look at the review and unaware the changes after that. 

you can change your reviews on steam. I believe a recent steam update reminds you if you want to update your review after a certain amount of time too. 

• Like 2

The sleeve of development.

I am sure (expanded )Trade (ukrainian grain to another town)[trade items in port] will give good reviews. so that's one card behind the sleeve.

second card >>> a Dutch ship..

third card >>> balanced BR rating for ships and ports..

and forth card>>> at the end of the horizon there is a light ...it's called a lighthouse :)  ( just like building a tower [1point] and only works when it is dark[ like captain's cabin] or heavy weather )

fifth card >>>  the " battle" of the sails (the atomic bomb for NA) 

sixth card >>> balanced out dlc forger (rank reduction on switch [one rank])

this would make many many many  reviews lies. @admin

HOLD_FAST_MEANING_2048x2048.jpg?v=156281

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 8:07 PM, HachiRoku said:

Some of us bought this game when it was as realistic as it could be and are quite sad that it has went on a different path. I am not the review bombing person but I do not have many good words for this game besides that it has potential. The sailing is good but all the mechanics around it are in my honest opinion terrible. The only reason I have not reviewed this game is because I have more negative things to say than positive. In a sense I am actually the more evil person because I am denying steam users what I honestly believe. Its not them being evil, its just them wanting the fundamental design of PVE to be left as it is. The only reason its worth recommending is because there is no other options. Sure someone that wants to sail a ship of the line in a video game will enjoy naval action for a time on the PVE server. I cannot speak for pve because I don't play it. What do I have to say about naval actions pvp server then?

Naval Action is a hardcore, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat sandbox immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas.

Its not Hardcore in my opinion but what is hardcore? A game that lets you use a medikit every few minutes? A game that tells you your positon on the minimap? A game that lets you join the winning side if you pay 20 euros? A game that lets you redeem a ship for 10 euros? A game that lets you buy more buildings slots for 10 euros? Its still p2w btw I just have given up on that point. 

Its not realistic and has shifted away from realism ever since sea trials. Sea trials sailing was not as real and even the hit point system but at the time it was it was trying to be more real. 3 repairs, mistakes were very punishing and when you took damage it meant something. 

Its also not a sandbox game because your choices are far to limited. Again the first version of open world gave you full freedom on who you could attack. You did not like your nation member, you attack him and go pirate. You could attack whatever you wanted and it was a pvpers wet dream. Instead on making those mechanics deeper they removed them. 

Naval action does not meet many of its fundamental game mechanics that gamelabs were aiming at with sea trials. That is a problem for some of us. I could recommend sea trials with all its flaws because it did many things right even with its many flaws. Naval action does almost nothing right. How could I review the current version positive when it is a badly designed game overall. 

I have made many posts over the years about things that I believe are not designed well. I do not want to repeat them here but Naval Action as it currently is, IS NOT a good game. Its a game that had alot of potential but many bad games have that. 

Annnnnnndddddddddd.........you don't play it anymore anyway. you just whine.  Close the door on your way out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...