Game-Labs Forum

Curious if we'll get oxygen based torpedos!

KiltedKey

Because if I remember correctly, that was a huge development Japan had that allowed them to have insane torpedo stealth and speed, or will Japan get a passive to add to it? I adore what kind of customization and options we already have, and of course this game is just in alpha, but just wondering if such an idea is on the table. Gosh I love this game. Can't wait to test the campaign and nation passives!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SiWi said:

I most certainly think they will be in the campaign and likely to be one of japan special techs.

Actually Oxy-Peroxide torpedoes are not just Japanese... such work even successful was made by Brits, Germans, French, Italians and US, and Russians. Btw Americans and Russians started those works in early 1900's.  

5 minutes ago, sRuLe said:

Actually Oxy-Peroxide torpedoes are not just Japanese... such work even successful was made by Brits, Germans, French, Italians and US, and Russians. Btw Americans and Russians started those works in early 1900's.  

but they were the ones most famous for acutally using them aren't ?

Thou I suppose that japan could have better or cheaper or some kind of bonus to them.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SiWi said:

but they were the ones most famous for acutally using them aren't ?

Thou I suppose that japan could have better or cheaper or some kind of bonus to them.

Cause it's a cheap-tech... but very-very dangerous for both, a carrier and the target. Type-93 was famous by their range and warhead weight. 

• Like 1

Cheaper and faster to produce plus more reliable for japan as like its own form of tech bonus.

Each nation could of range of unique bonuses and starting techs as well historical or non-historical (maybe non-historical will have no bonuses and you acquire them as the game goes on).

Pure oxygen torps were quite dangerous to be carried and stored in ships. They were tiny bit prone to detonate if struck (Destroyer captain Taimenchi Hara memoir).
Indeed these torps should be IJN only tech.
I do like the idea of nation specific techs. gives variations and makes you readjust your tactics depending who you fight 

• Like 1