Game-Labs Forum
rediii

The most complete Thread of RvR suggestions for NA in the Internet

From my experience screening is mostly helping the casual/worse skilled players. So screening is a good thing for most of the playerbase. Screening is bad for a small part of the playerbase.

• Like 14

33 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The next DLC ship is a third rate, yeah.

nah, a 6th rate¬†ūüėČ

PS : a 3rd rate DLC would be nice IMHO

Edited by LeBoiteux

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

From my experience screening is mostly helping the casual/worse skilled players. So screening is a good thing for most of the playerbase. Screening is bad for a small part of the playerbase.

Screening is bad because its auto win for the bigger nation. No matter how you fight as long as you bring numbers you defend every port. Thats not a good concept.

It should be about killing the enemy fleets before they can reach the port, not stalling them until the PB window is vanished.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Screening is bad because its auto win for the bigger nation. No matter how you fight as long as you bring numbers you defend every port. Thats not a good concept.

It should be about killing the enemy fleets before they can reach the port, not stalling them until the PB window is vanished.

Without screening you get 2-3 teams of 10 ppl that wipe the map. With the limited playerbase of NA there is a very limited number of teams that play very competitive.

It's also not a autowin, especially with the wind gusts that are on the map now. Screening encourages clans and nations to cooperate with eachother which includes more people.

I'm not saying we shouldnt have this. In the end it's a design decision of the devs what they want here. The ability of 10-20 ppl to completly kill a nation even if 60 ppl turn up to defend their craftingport or not.

edit: completly agree with your bottom sentence

Edited by rediii
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

Without screening you get 2-3 teams of 10 ppl that wipe the map. With the limited playerbase of NA there is a very limited number of teams that play very competitive.

It's also not a autowin, especially with the wind gusts that are on the map now. Screening encourages clans and nations to cooperate with eachother which includes more people.

I'm not saying we shouldnt have this. In the end it's a design decision of the devs what they want here. The ability of 10-20 ppl to completly kill a nation even if 60 ppl turn up to defend their craftingport or not.

Dont know how wind gusts influence this.

Its true tho that screening is nice to involve a lot of people.

Maybe PB window should be prolonged if fights happen close to a port so screening with the intention to kill the enemy is a valid strat but just trying to waste their time is not.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Maybe PB window should be prolonged if fights happen close to a port so screening with the intention to kill the enemy is a valid strat but just trying to waste their time is not.

Wind Gusts are available away from ports. So the attacking force can get a 60% speedboost of their 1st rate fleet while the screeningforce is very likely to not have this.

What I would completly agree with is to get back a "teleport back to closest outpost" in the end of a portbattle though

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Maybe the tagdifference should be decreased more so the PB Battlegroup would only get tagged by a force that will realy fight.

21 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Honestly, it is not a good news that a third rate will be DLC.

Tons of Sols coming...

Still a (nice) surprise (a smaller ship DLC) is possible...

34 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

Nope. It was a 4 rate. Ppl just read the stats wrong, historical record was wrong abouth rate, not the game.

dude.. the Rättvisan is the sistership of Wasa, equipped with peace armament 24/18. Its just the devs that placed it as a 4th rate Ship of the Line, they even wrote it in the announcement of the ship dlc if you want me to bring up a quote from their steam before they changed it.. It clearly says "Rättvisan is a 4th rate Ship of the Line etc.".

And besides.. If you google the ship you will only find it as a lineship, it is certainly not a frigate.

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

@admin instead of removing screening completly pls think about just implementing a automatic "back to port" after a portbattle and wait until you know which impact wind gusts have on screening of portbattles as a whole.

Why automatic back to port? (Only for portbattle battles)

The large populated nation does not risk much with attacking a port. They probably get trough screening and also get out of the portbattle and home with minimal losses.

The small populated nation does risk everything with attacking a port. They have a hard (or now easy with wind gusts) time to get into the portbattle and have NO chance to get home. Therefore risk the complete fleet in case of defeat. Which results in less portbattles overall due to the risk involved

Edited by rediii
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

What do you expect to gain from this?

If I get it right, there will not be any need for screening fleet in the future. How do you expect it to effect OW PvP and nation unity.

Timerframe?

you can still screen reinforcements, often times not the entire battle group has an outpost at the port battle and needs to sail to the position so screening will not disapear but mayby have a small decrease in effectiveness.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:11 PM, admin said:

battle rating will be adapted withing 2-3 days

Also
We will start work on the feature that will allow nations to skip the screening and go into attacking port battles straight from the ports (item will be required - which can be gained by pvp/ow pve). 

well, you are only skipping the problem, not solving it. 

SCREENING: the main problem with screening is that as it is now it doesn't give any reward to players in screening battle.  fast solution (1 programmer...cause you are developing too many games at same time) is to bring back the Area of the old Reinforcement Zone (coded) (not capital area): inside the old Reinforcement Zone , now on called Screening Area (simple name change)(SA)( they will appear only 15 min before PB start (to be coded linked with PB start time), can be started  screening battles (dedicated istance or same OW battle istance but with rewards(coded)) where every participant receive same reward of PB fleet if PB is won(to be coded but already existing for player inside PB) (Vic mark and some of the resources used for killed crafted ship when looted, like doublons mod and MEDALS!!...yeah, you need medal for permit...so if you sink a crafted ship you can find some medals used to craft it(coded...just add value ''medals'' to rewards as it is for doublons).

each screening battle (SB) can start everywhere but inside the SA by the 2 nation involved in PB. example : Russia VS GB.  Russian player tag a Brit, SB; Brit tag Russian, SB ; Russian tag Dutch (helping the defender GB , with or without ally mechanic) , SB; Dutch tag Pirates (ally of Russia) , No SB...just simple OW battle. every battle started tagging nation involved in PB, will be SB, other nationt are just OW battle (to be coded for the combination of nation generating the SB istance inside SA but something already coded for battles inside a determined area , as it was old reinforcement zones, was already introduced with the old F8 reinf call or the side of the owner of the reinf zone can receive other players reinforcement for a longer period than raiders).

On 10/30/2019 at 6:05 PM, rediii said:

I would suggest following numbers however to not make the battlerating too small:

- 14-16k for Big ports

- 10-12k for other ports

I HEAVILY agree with @OjK that 3rd rates should be the most commong ships in portbattles. How can this be achieved? They must be the most attractive ship to be used by battlerating numbers alone. Making big ships mostly attractive in the open world. Therefore I would increase their battlerating by 15% for now. I would also decrease BR of some ships:

RVR: is the result of SCREENING, BR ,SHIPS , CRAFTING.

BR is still to High. minor nation can't field up a fleet so big to defend their crafting port (or simple their clan port, each clan has more or less 10 players so they must have the chances to defend their home in an even battle.

so, the RVR is a combination of mechanics: most of RVR have to be SCREENING (consedering it the non-ranked battle) not PB (ranked battle with small amount of players, more skilled than average nation player). the old BR amount (coded, just change numbers) was almost perfetc but lacked SCREENING system as described above.

SHIPS: yes, we need some changes to ships BR but it's not enought (BR of 1st rates must be 1.5k or near it(coded, just change numbers)). we will still have the spam of crafted ships (be careful, i said crafted) that are far better than any other ships in the game (port bonus) so smaller nation will never be able to compete with biggest ones and they left the game cause they can't change nation once they loose crafting port (i don't want to buy DLC forged but i don't want to cancel my account and start again from 0 just because the game is unbalanced too much...so i quit game) .

so we end up with the last factor of RVR

CRAFTING: too many SOL. full stop.

the only solution is to increase the cost of 1st rates to 50-60k wood for frame and 35k wood for planking(coded, just change numbers)...each 1st rate...2nd rate just a little less (doublons,medals and reals can stay the same as we have now cause the increased cost of SOL will be the extraction of woods).

from 3rd rate to lower, cost of resources can be as it is now.  this will make 3rd rate ships the most viable SOL for all players and they will give the chance for even battle where only skills is the way for win. and you can still cap some trash  1st rate from AI

we need also a buff to SOL damages, as close as possible like the test server with first interaction with New Damage Model patch.   now we are back to ''5th rate tanking 1st rates broadsides and still fighting and moving at full speed''.

NO, 1st rate MUST one-shot every 5th rate with 1 broadside, dismantling 2 of 3 masts and killing 30% to 50% crew simply with ball, not grape(coded...and i still wondering why you nerfed it!!!!).

i suggested those solution thinking only on what you have already coded @admin

Edited by huliotkd
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

well, you are only skipping the problem, not solving it. 

"Alot of good points"

couldn't agree more with you, they could boost the damage and increase the hp of the lineships to even it out so they can "Stand in the line of battle" as they historically were made for.

• Like 2

Removing screening battles are in my opinion another step into dumbing down  the game after the capturable 1st rates  & speed boosts everywhere.  And another step away from realism, away from what i came first.

Yet, i think in the end bypassing potential screen will again favor no one but top competitive clans (How many are they ? I mean, not fighting under the same flag / Still playing)

I remember how screening, scouting, etc.. was a thrilling thing when we had flag system, or even warsupplies. Now with such a low population, all is reworked for the few of those still here ? Who will come back in game thanks to direct-to-pb items ? What will be the positive aspect in term of reviews or game population ?

• Like 5

Why not create a new type of battlegroup? One that cannot be tagged or tag and is you're only able to start it in the port where the mission was pulled, has a timer on it. Seems easy enough to do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Why not create a new type of battlegroup? One that cannot be tagged or tag and is you're only able to start it in the port where the mission was pulled, has a timer on it. Seems easy enough to do.

If you’re going to arbitrarily protect them then why bother making them sail at all? Seriously, if there’s so little attention paid to the content and value that is provided to players outside the PB fleets during RVR, just give us a lobby and be done with the trappings of a sandbox.

3 hours ago, rediii said:

I didn't think of this, and it brings a good point.

my perspective was to just allow the guys that like to PB to be able to, but you are right that it would just turn into 10-15 player groups smashing nations that aren't as skilled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

But would the effect not be the same as we have now. A group that can smash thoes less skilled if they want.

Remember when HAVOC wanted to smash danes? Russia turned up and made us either not get into PBs or join early or ... etc etc

Without russia we would have continued. With russia we faced too many odds

(and I think sweden turned up too? Dont remember anymore)

Why not just encourage players to join smaller underdog nations instead of removing screens? There's no motivation to join the small nations, if the game gave players reasons to join those nations, we might get a better balance. Give some unique perks, mechanics, bonuses to small nations so maybe players might find them interesting to join. 

• Like 1

Screeners just tend to die. The one time that I commanded Cartagena screeners, they didn't all die. Just got them to join in shitty position. Funnily enough people complained I didn't throw the newbies to the wolves.

Screening is one side getting massacred by the other, and the other complaining about the inconvenience.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 4

I never understood the love for suicide DLC screening fleets that just die to keep enemy out of the PB. 

Also with BR lowered those who were doing screening could instead do their own PBs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sureshot said:

I never understood the love for suicide DLC screening fleets that just die to keep enemy out of the PB. 

Also with BR lowered those who were doing screening could instead do their own PBs. 

With planned portbattles you will see the same faces most of the time because they can be everywhere

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Capitalism said:

just give us a lobby and be done with the trappings of a sandbox.

Isn't it... something when one man's irony is another man's wet dream?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bryan Von Gyldenloeve said:

But you was not a Big group that could. So you was not what we have now.

When Sweden was strong they could proberbly have smashed all. Like Russia proberbly could now.

A small group can’t either, not if others chose to stop it, with the system they talk abouth. All they have is to keep attacking, the small group will eventually get drained of ressources. Atleast I think so, but could be wrong. Could lets say Havoc alone fight 4 Pb’s a week for lets say a couple of weeks, and still get ppl on and replace lost ships.

As I recall Sweden took Passaje and Viques. Bf took Fajardo. The Pb where we all found out how to win over you. Just leet a bee in to your room.

It was a enourmus wasp I had to choke it with both hands to kill it :P

I think we were dutch. Sweden helped you at the time. It was basicly 10-15 HAVOC vs you guys. So it was a situation like we get it soon, just without screening and without screening HAVOC just attacks until it wins as with other ports we struggled with. (When it wasnt a struggle for playernumbers)