Game-Labs Forum

AI Spotting Seems to be...Extreme?

Davoke

Been playing about a week now and have noticed the AI consistently spots me long before I spot them(even with highest tier towers, rangefinders, etc.) It's frustrating losing multiple turrets and secondary guns on an approach and not even being able to fire back. Is this working as intended or is this a legitimate issue? As it is right now it makes it almost entirely unenjoyable to play some of the higher tier missions. 

It's probably got to do with the fuel mix or funnels you're using, maybe also your ship was too large, which requires a bigger engines and generates even more smoke.

Generating too much smoke makes your ship more visible and obscures your own view.

Try using cleaner fuels, smaller ship, slower ship, and better towers for spotting.

16 hours ago, Davoke said:

Been playing about a week now and have noticed the AI consistently spots me long before I spot them(even with highest tier towers, rangefinders, etc.) It's frustrating losing multiple turrets and secondary guns on an approach and not even being able to fire back. Is this working as intended or is this a legitimate issue? As it is right now it makes it almost entirely unenjoyable to play some of the higher tier missions. 

Do you use big battleship with allot of turrets and stuff? There is a thing called Target signature ingame, it often get neglected. I am not certain but I think it also affect the hit chance you get.

I actually tested the idea of smaller ships by taking some CA hulls andsetting the displacement to lowest, putting two of the largest turrest i cojld get on it and armouring it as much as possible. And hot damn are they good. Enemy takes forever to spot them while, them being cheap, I managed to bombard the enemies for a long time without retaliation. Bigger isnt always better. 

• Like 1