Game-Labs Forum

Cumulative hotfixes for Seasonal Update: Treacherous waters

admin

1 hour ago, admin said:

There will be an in-game email or poll. that will ask players on the Peace server if they want to fight for NPCs or not.  The test will run for a week or maybe two, not more.. 

Can we have a poll about NPC port raids on the PvP server also please?

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

Rule no 1: never use a valuable ship after a patch.....

LOL 

Choose your targets wise, take enough repairs! 

What’s the problem? Loki Rune users cant repair, don’t have marines! 

Play smart and you never lose a valuable ship! 

What ships are not valuable?? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

95% of what you cap or craft on pve these days. With the current state of the game the upgrades and/or rare guns are more valuable than the ship in most cases.

Btw: having a good ship is part of the meta on PvE...but its no fun if you cant use it eg due to Loki and other assorted fail patches. 

Thats why my "never use a valuable ship after patch" is valid on PvE server ever since 2016...

btw: what happened to testbed ? why not test such massive changes like ai pb or Loki runes there ??

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

LOL 

Choose your targets wise, take enough repairs! 

What’s the problem? Loki Rune users cant repair, don’t have marines! 

Play smart and you never lose a valuable ship! 

EVERY NPC ship I've boarded had marines.

28 minutes ago, oldcrankyman said:

I'd bet that nearly everybody who plays on the PVE server has or still does play on the PVP server.  There's zero need to introduce any of us to PVP.

I wonder...

Data probably shows players active on both servers but data doesn’t show "intent".

As to your assumption of everyone aswell.

Analytical error?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saryk said:

I fear PvP players joining the peace server only to sink unsuspecting players who never asked for PvP.

Again, I know it is a test, I'm just raising the objections I see so that you can consider them, @admin.

Amen. Suddenly well known names from PvP server surface on PvE server. And you guessed the reason. ^^

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Suddenly well known names from PvP server surface on PvE server

We’ll be watching peace player count swell.

I feel sorry for all those pve players that are going to lose their ships to very good AIs, well that’s what they're going to think until they start looking for answers.

Not every player will be up-to-date either, language barrier, plays without chat, doesn’t follow the forum, they'll be stocked.

This could end up with total fear of all peace server pve, what a mess that would be!

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, admin said:

No chat of course. You are captaining for the NPC. The goal is to make PVE more varied and interesting. 
We wont use forum to make decisions on the big important features. There will be an in-game email or poll. that will ask players on the Peace server if they want to fight for NPCs or not.  The test will run for a week or maybe two, not more.. 

Improving AI would make PVE more varied and interesting.

Loki Rune is just cheating because its not PVE anymore ;)

• Like 4

look, i don't understand what is so difficult to understand here: the second you put a human player into a battle on the PvE server, it is no longer PvE but is PvP.  if you want to do that, then give the PvE players PvP rewards for any battle where a Loki rune gets used; and that means PvP equivalent rewards for EVERY enemy ship.

• Like 2

Let alone Loki allows abuse in both directions: the invading player can both grief and assisst the other player: your clanmate has probs ? hit Loki, strike sails, stop reload, beach the ai.

This is totally putting pve battles out of balance.

If ...there is time enough to program such as Loki, than why not put that time to better use (like consensual duels) instead of the next variety of ganking and griefing ?

Edited 2 mins later when this popped up in chat:

Loki.jpg

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Saryk said:

Don't go there. You're offering "solutions" (that wouldn't fix anything because the problem lies elsewhere) to the consequence of a problem that shouldn't exist, and by doing so you're justifying the problem.

No "if you want to keep it give PvP rewards", keep it to "no PvP on PvE server or it's not a PvE server anymore."

i am referring to what was said earlier by Admin about Loki staying on the PvE server for 1-2 more weeks.  but overall i agree that PvP in any form does not belong on the PvE server.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Saryk said:

I fear PvP players joining the peace server only to sink unsuspecting players who never asked for PvP.

Do you really think  there is anyone that would start a new game , grind for months just to have a chance to fight unsuspecting players in the pve server when he can already do the same in the pvp server?  Of course not , don't be silly. Loki is a great new feature to the game. if you guys think for a minute. What is the biggest complain players have when fighting AI? AI is dumb, it is easy to understand what AI is going to do. Loki is an solution to this and to bring more excitement to the game . And so what if you lose a ship? You are worried about that in the pve server? Come on go fight and have some fun with the game.

• Like 1

My PVE Loki experience...

Last night I used a few of my loki runes and when I didn't hop into a sinking ship, I managed to seriously annoy one player (until I screwed up and he hit me hard) and I schooled another one, and I'm not a good sailor (but I am trying to get better). If I was the guy that got schooled I'd be seriously pissed! It's easy to see how it could be devastating for a player.

I get it that the Loki Rune is staying but in Peace, if you lose against possessed AI you wouldn't lose the player controlled ship, just the fight and NPC fleet, limping away with nothing, not even XP (no reward at all to avoid it being exploited). It could actually make it fun - a safe, carebear PVP, a playground to test the PVP waters. Heck, if I didn't feel like I sucked so much, I might actually go to the War server.

Edited by Eduard L'Aquila

6 minutes ago, Eduard L'Aquila said:

Heck, if I didn't feel like I sucked so much, I might actually go to the War server.

How do you think you get better? Just do it, you won’t regret it. You’ll quickly find plenty of players to fight and you’ll likely find out, while improving, that you’re not as bad as you think you are. :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capitalism said:

How do you think you get better? Just do it, you won’t regret it. You’ll quickly find plenty of players to fight and you’ll likely find out, while improving, that you’re not as bad as you think you are. :) 

That's why I actually like the idea of the Loki Rune, perhaps just not the inflicting undue suffering on another person side of it.

I can test the waters in my world of comfy blankets, carebears and warm milk with a hint of fresh nutmeg.

Edited by Eduard L'Aquila
removed perhaps, it's about not inflicing hurt on other PVE-centric players
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, admin said:

It is a Peace server. And this feature is provided for testing. We are all for limited experiments. The only way to truly see if people love it - is to give it to them.

I didn't know that the pve server was now a test server
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Saryk said:

Yes. Don't underestimate the power of trolls, or cowards.

Difficult to believe this would happen. But let's say you are right, ok is that a bad thing? More players joining the pve server? No of course not. More players would help to develop an economy in the server and let's not forget the way port battles are done in the pve server we cannot play them alone.

It's not about losing a ship, it's about unfairly losing a ship to someone who risked nothing in the fight.

You say unfairly but you are the only one that can use repairs. You say unfairly  , but no one can attack you in the OW. You don't have any problems in collecting materials to craft a new ship. And so what you lose a ship? The economy needs players to lose ships to work.

• Like 1