Game-Labs Forum

Severe lag

ElGordo

Hi all

After a while (it varies) I'm getting VERY severe lag - 1 frame every 2-3 seconds until the game freezes at which point I have to Task Manager out as Exit doesn't work.

I know my setup is a bit old but I think its still ok except maybe it could use a bit more ram

i7 980 extreme

gtx 580 - driver 347.25

6 gig

win 7 64bit

dx11

all stock - not o/c'd at all

ALL the graphics settings are Low or Off

the thing that's confusing me is that in game the FPS never drops below 95-110 and the ping is ok at around 32-35 - these numbers are the same even at the moment it starts acting up

could really use some helpful suggestions please

@Flip - yes sorry - 6 gig Ram

@Prater - don't use Bitdefender - MS defender / security essentials

im gonna try it after I disable the virus s/w and the firewall - i'll report back

thanks for comments

EDIT - firewall / anti virus disabled - same problem

i had somthin like that earler i think pretty much started a pve(yes i know im not really suppost to esp in a trinc but ehh) loaded up double got close to the enemy like i normaly would with double ship took a dive bow in the water then suddenly jumped up3 times then dced...not sure what happened or what caused it but worst partit was on my fave map the storm map 

im with you on the lagg issue,,i fire my guns and they wont fire till 30 or 40 seconds later,,then they hit a friendly i never saw and still cant see becouse the game is skipping..i attribute most of this becouse the server is so far away,,i belive ill be ok when a us server is here..but i do have a few hours each day i can get a decent game in,,so im ok,,and will solgier thru..i hope your lagg gets better and they can resolve most of it..im sure when closer servers to all of us are running we all will enjoy the game even more.