Game-Labs Forum

I win at the most ridiculous death in this game (see the log)

kadm

Hmmm only now I noticed that there is just 1 turret. This ship was designed by autodesigner (one of the new missions).

Or maybe when it's in this breaking state the turret can disappear? 

Either way probably a bug.

Funny thins is that I didn't even see it. The TBs were so far away that I was not concerned with torpedos and I was looking at my main ships of the line. Then I see that my CA is gone and I'm like wtf, and see this log.  

I can top that, actually... got a cruiser oneshot right from under my rear by a single 2" shell... unfortunately, the built-in screenshotting didnt capture the UI for some reason and I only noticed that after the fact, so I dont have "proof"... guess you can all call me a liar now if you want xD

10 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Wait a minute, stern belt extended should lead to ammo detonation! It's less armored, so people just don't put any important stuff there. I shouldn't even do the full structural damage imo, seeing how it is out of the way of most things.

So you mean shouldn’t? But I think it’s a case of the ship lacks the traverse bulkheads that AoN and later ships doo. So then an AP shell can go in on an angle through the stern belt into the part usually covered by the main belt where the magazine’s are... which well... we all know what happened to many British BC’s.

weel damn Orion you will be missed.

Extended armor is good to have on decent level. I have noticed that there is a armor over match like mechanism. Head on CAs with low extended armor tends to eat bow citadel hits and detonations for breakfast. Bulkheads do help to prevent random aft engine knocks but one should not ignore the importance of proportional armoring.

Big note you can improve the pitch and roll of your ship by increasing armor. on lighter ships this is quite effective way to make them more stable. Heavier ships this gets bit harder but you can notice this.

If you read the hover-over descriptions there might be a severe misunderstanding in the game as is today. The description in effect say that extended belt and deck armor is against shots from ahead or aft and that it does not need to be as thick because that means the shots are hitting at a severe angle. In reality, as written in this thread, extended belt/deck armor is the thinner armor at the edges of the armored belt/deck, extending some, but not full, protection to areas of lesser importance (and, to a lesser extent, to areas where hits are expected to have less force, like underwater).

6 hours ago, sRuLe said:

Can you show as an ship stats and displacement. Please?

Sorry. This was the only screenshot I took (still had a battle to win). It was a CA done by the game. I didn't even have time to give it an order. I just said lol, get my poor screens from that monster TB (jk, prioritized it for screen fire). 

On 11/1/2019 at 12:41 AM, Balu0 said:

Lol happened to me yesterday, DD's 2" hit, and ammo detonation, 12K damage my CL was instantly gone :D

My BB sank an enemy CL with a 2" mounted somewhere on tower.

Didn't even realise I was shooting at it, lol.

The extended armour zones seem to be a route to insta-kills all over the shop.

I suspect the AI ship designs need to contemplate citadels etc.

Edited by Steeltrap

any unarmoured ships, like this games default armour scheme of a light cruiser, could be sunk by even 2" gun fire when it hits the right places, i have even had 2" shells starting fires on my heavily armoured modern battleship (both extended and core deck/belt armour between 10"-20")

41 minutes ago, DeiLwynnA said:

any unarmoured ships, like this games default armour scheme of a light cruiser, could be sunk by even 2" gun fire when it hits the right places, i have even had 2" shells starting fires on my heavily armoured modern battleship (both extended and core deck/belt armour between 10"-20")

yeah this btw a important hint for the DD vs TB mission:

armor your DD#s to the max or you will have no advantage against the TB