Game-Labs Forum

Ship Movement and Orders

SomeNewGuy

Issues:

1. When ships are told Tight or Loose formation, I don't really see a change. On the contrary, even if I set Tight formation and lower the leading ships speed Full, everyone else slows down too instead of catching up and regardless of formation picked they usually start to string out as the rest of the line keeps 1-3 knots slower than target speed.

2. When the lead ship takes a hit that triggers any type of red icon or when they hit a magical structural percentage (somewhere around 75%) they automatically go to the back of the line regardless of whats happening. This gets rather annoying when as stated above, the line strings out. One mission I had (forget which) was against a larger event fleet with 2BBs ect. My ships we pretty much doing circles trying to figure out who was last in line, attempting to sail 3-4 km back to get to the end of the line instead of forging ahead with the plan.

Wants:

I'm sure this is a HUGE personal thing, and by no means a deal breaker for me. However:

1. I would like to see the lead ship in a formation constantly marked, for better clarification without having to click through all the groups, I know who is where looking at the battlefield.

2. I would like to be able to order single units to a location, without having to detach and form a new group. Kinda like other RTS games such as Rome, C&C, ect. You can order the group, and in doing so they will move in their proper formation, or you can order a single unit or two out of formation to achieve a specific short term goal. Example: 6DDs with Torps and having 3 go north and 3 go west to create a hammer and anvil esque attack on a BB, then have the survivors run away NW. This allows better micro and macro for the battle, which will be vital in bigger battles. Not so much a problem in most Academy missions as people usually build 1-4 ships.