Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Falkthorn

Just started playing, patch come, and now bye bye.

Recommended Posts

Some friends and me just started playing after a long break. Was fun to come back into the game (despite everything being wiped), but it was fun starting on scratch. Then the patch came with the gust of wind or what its called. What few ships we had gathered are now all gone thanks to it now being impossible to outrun the guys only gunning for PvP. Dont get me wrong, I love PvP, but most of you know how it is to fight against someone in a "pvp rigged" ship.

As I said most of our stuff now is gone and just moving outside to try to kill a few NPCs for money end up in enemies joining 80% of the time. Try to make a money run in a trader? Get run down by someone that got to the wind patch first.

Im sorry to say that our stay was short. Might be trying again some time in the future. Might.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks sharing your experience.  This is exactly what many of us who've been opposed to the patch have been pointing out.

For a while, @admin was wise enough to realize that anything that gankers like @Gregory Rainsborough are cheering for (see: wind gusts) is detrimental to the game as a whole.  I hope admin realizes that once again he has fallen into the trap of listening to the hardcore PvPers and gankers and, once again, the player base is suffering as a result.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Falkthorn said:

Some friends and me just started playing after a long break. Was fun to come back into the game (despite everything being wiped), but it was fun starting on scratch. Then the patch came with the gust of wind or what its called. What few ships we had gathered are now all gone thanks to it now being impossible to outrun the guys only gunning for PvP. Dont get me wrong, I love PvP, but most of you know how it is to fight against someone in a "pvp rigged" ship.

As I said most of our stuff now is gone and just moving outside to try to kill a few NPCs for money end up in enemies joining 80% of the time. Try to make a money run in a trader? Get run down by someone that got to the wind patch first.

Im sorry to say that our stay was short. Might be trying again some time in the future. Might.

 

Stay and work with us to improve the game. I hope I wasnt the one last night who made you do that 😏.
 

19 minutes ago, DreadPirateBob said:

Thanks sharing your experience.  This is exactly what many of us who've been opposed to the patch have been pointing out.

For a while, @admin was wise enough to realize that anything that gankers like @Gregory Rainsborough are cheering for (see: wind gusts) is detrimental to the game as a whole.  I hope admin realizes that once again he has fallen into the trap of listening to the hardcore PvPers and gankers and, once again, the player base is suffering as a result.

Well despite me complaining about the speed boosts it is still a welcome feature. I just dont think it should be close to the shore. Let gasps be further away and not time based, but auto cancel when get closer to the shore. This way it will be impossible to ninja drop on the teader who just checked his rear like 30 seconds ago ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falkthorn said:

Some friends and me just started playing after a long break. Was fun to come back into the game (despite everything being wiped), but it was fun starting on scratch. Then the patch came with the gust of wind or what its called. What few ships we had gathered are now all gone thanks to it now being impossible to outrun the guys only gunning for PvP. Dont get me wrong, I love PvP, but most of you know how it is to fight against someone in a "pvp rigged" ship.

As I said most of our stuff now is gone and just moving outside to try to kill a few NPCs for money end up in enemies joining 80% of the time. Try to make a money run in a trader? Get run down by someone that got to the wind patch first.

Im sorry to say that our stay was short. Might be trying again some time in the future. Might.

 

Go to russia or dutch and you can farm pve easily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need more info, like where were you trying to hunt for IA? Also you can entirely avoid the wind gusts, if there's always someone around them. Maybe try joining a clan, some out there would welcome new captains and give you a hand in starting back up. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, koltes said:

Well despite me complaining about the speed boosts it is still a welcome feature. I just dont think it should be close to the shore. Let gasps be further away and not time based, but auto cancel when get closer to the shore. This way it will be impossible to ninja drop on the teader who just checked his rear like 30 seconds ago ☺️

Yeah there are ways to fix it.

Admin just has no interest in doing so.  Admin's desire to discuss rationally evaporated sometime yesterday and it's obvious by his comments today that he's just trolling.  He's stubborn, dug in, not happy that the patch he foisted on us is getting a poor reception, so his feelings are hurt and now he's getting defensive.  I get that it's frustrating that so much hard work is being insulted, and his vision is unwelcome, but... suck it up, buttercup.  This playerbase cares.  Maybe consult us before you introduce 3 major changes that change the game completely

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DreadPirateBob said:

Yeah there are ways to fix it.

Admin just has no interest in doing so.  Admin's desire to discuss rationally evaporated sometime yesterday and it's obvious by his comments today that he's just trolling.  He's stubborn, dug in, not happy that the patch he foisted on us is getting a poor reception, so his feelings are hurt and now he's getting defensive.  I get that it's frustrating that so much hard work is being insulted, and his vision is unwelcome, but... suck it up, buttercup.  This playerbase cares.  Maybe consult us before you introduce 3 major changes that change the game completely

I hear you man, but at the same time you are winding yourself up and also showing lots of frustration which isnt helpful. This will never achieve things. 
We need to just take it easy. Stop leaving the game. Take a break for a day or two and calm your nipples down 🤣

When you can breath again - back to civilized discussion.

Admin might appear as stubborn, but at the same time he listened to A LOT of suggestions.

Just give it a chance. Let people do their feedback. Let devs see real stats. Then it will get adjusted

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Never said:

Need more info, like where were you trying to hunt for IA? Also you can entirely avoid the wind gusts, if there's always someone around them. Maybe try joining a clan, some out there would welcome new captains and give you a hand in starting back up. 

No, you cant really avoid them. I got gasp boost between Santiago de Cuba and Montego Bay, sailed around to Savanna la Mar and all the way through KPR back to Port Morant and tagged player neat Port Antonio. All aroubd Jamaica on the same gasp boost I got north of Montego. It took me less than 15 mins 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DreadPirateBob said:

Thanks sharing your experience.  This is exactly what many of us who've been opposed to the patch have been pointing out.

For a while, @admin was wise enough to realize that anything that gankers like @Gregory Rainsborough are cheering for (see: wind gusts) is detrimental to the game as a whole.  I hope admin realizes that once again he has fallen into the trap of listening to the hardcore PvPers and gankers and, once again, the player base is suffering as a result.

I'm famous for ganking Wasas in my Snows.

I would really be interested to know what you define as ganking? Seems synonymous with losing which isn't the case.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you lose ship to enemy player, it is ganking, isn't it ? Wait I am a bit confused, when you lose your bigger ship to a tiny little ship... wait ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Never said:

Need more info, like where were you trying to hunt for IA? Also you can entirely avoid the wind gusts, if there's always someone around them. Maybe try joining a clan, some out there would welcome new captains and give you a hand in starting back up. 

He used the word THEY like he's part of a group, what I didn't see was any mention of them going out as groups.   Just solo traders and such getting sunk.  Maybe if they are in a clan they should play as a clan.  My clan tries to grind in a group when we can, but if we go out solo we expect to get ganked and don't bring our best stuff.

Fight Smarter not harder.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I'm famous for ganking Wasas in my Snows.

I would really be interested to know what you define as ganking? Seems synonymous with losing which isn't the case.

I was using you as an example of people who promote everything that makes PvP easier for gankers.  Ganking = attacking people who are at a disadvantage.  Whether they're in a battle against AI or they're hapless traders.

As @admin may or may not recall, just a few short weeks ago he laughed at your idea of removing the port timer because all too often, he'd listened far too much to yourself and people like you in the past, which ended up making the game a gankfest that drove away legions of players.  It seems that admin has forgotten his own words with this patch.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lars Kjær said:

Why bother? The development hasn't improved the past three years, what would indicate that development would become more competent in the near future?

You can beat a dead horse with a stick, and for a while you'll have something to do.. But don't fool yourself into believing that you'll get a healthy horse in the end.

That is just not true. While not everything done to make EVERYONE happy, the game have seen VAST improvements.
Let's be fair here alright?

This game me an idea to make a post about this to remind myself and others of the good sides of the game!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I'm famous for ganking Wasas in my Snows.

I would really be interested to know what you define as ganking? Seems synonymous with losing which isn't the case.

 

I think your inflated ego is telling you are famous most others think you are a ganker of traders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, koltes said:

That is just not true. While not everything done to make EVERYONE happy, the game have seen VAST improvements.

Overall?  Sure.

But this patch feels like a HUGE step back.

And like I explained to admin in another post: the more changes you introduce, especially at one time, the more people you make unhappy.  Even if all the changes have a positive reception, if you make a lot of them, all the people who aren't happy with any given change have something to bitch about and possibly quit over.  And the changes this patch, all told, have NOT had a positive reception.  I doubt that even raids, the least contentious issue, have more than 60-70% of the playerbase on the happy side - my bet is maybe 30-40%, with the majority falling into the IDGAF category and a smaller percentage - 10-20% hating on it.

Just changing the economy or the wind would have been bad enough.

Finally, people have a STRONG negativity bias.  It takes ~10 positive experiences with something or someone to overcome one bad one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DreadPirateBob said:

I was using you as an example of people who promote everything that makes PvP easier for gankers.  Ganking = attacking people who are at a disadvantage.  Whether they're in a battle against AI or they're hapless traders.

As @admin may or may not recall, just a few short weeks ago he laughed at your idea of removing the port timer because all too often, he'd listened far too much to yourself and people like you in the past, which ended up making the game a gankfest that drove away legions of players.  It seems that admin has forgotten his own words with this patch.

How is a Wasa at a disadvantage to a Snow?

I try and get equal fights as often as possible and prefer mechanics to work towards that end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

How is a Wasa at a disadvantage to a Snow?

Oh come on.  A Snow with a quality Captain is ridiculously OP.  I'm surprised you asked that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DreadPirateBob said:

Thanks sharing your experience.  This is exactly what many of us who've been opposed to the patch have been pointing out.

For a while, @admin was wise enough to realize that anything that gankers like @Gregory Rainsborough are cheering for (see: wind gusts) is detrimental to the game as a whole.  I hope admin realizes that once again he has fallen into the trap of listening to the hardcore PvPers and gankers and, once again, the player base is suffering as a result.

You are absolutely correct.  Before these wind gusts, no defenceless traders were killed at the capitols.  We need to get rid of these wind gusts so that inexperienced players are safe again!   :blink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe for expert players could be funny but for newbies is very frustrating. 

OK there are also the npc to hunt, combat ship, like pirate you just have to sit in lorimer and gt waiting... Waiting... Waiting....till see a victory fleets... Rio Seco? Yup a lot to hunt but when you come out the battle, surprise! Russian are  making you..a surprise party.

Then you go to make a new ship to Bara but in the middle you find vp player that sink you.then you think "No worries I will go to sell some sugar" .. Gone to islet with out a problem and on the way back to Mt sunk by an Hercules more faster than my two tlynx..

Soi understand people that you quit the game becouse buy the dlc to change faction is just a more waste of money 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

Maybe for expert players could be funny but for newbies is very frustrating. 

OK there are also the npc to hunt, combat ship, like pirate you just have to sit in lorimer and gt waiting... Waiting... Waiting....till see a victory fleets... Rio Seco? Yup a lot to hunt but when you come out the battle, surprise! Russian are  making you..a surprise party.

Then you go to make a new ship to Bara but in the middle you find vp player that sink you.then you think "No worries I will go to sell some sugar" .. Gone to islet with out a problem and on the way back to Mt sunk by an Hercules more faster than my two tlynx..

Soi understand people that you quit the game becouse buy the dlc to change faction is just a more waste of money 

I'm not belittling the difficulty of new players in this game.  I'm laughing at the fact that some people think it's because of the most recent patch.  The learning curve for new players is extremely high and many of us have proposed real, achievable solutions that would help out in this regard.  It's just not because of this patch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I feel the same way. And even now I still earn less per trip and it takes the same thing to reach the destination and carrying the same weight per load. I'm almost out of the game, this is too unpleasant, you work the same as before to get less, "oh but put windbags to get faster" just forgot that in long distances no one will be looking at nothing , everyone who takes long trips leaves the route and will do something else.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...