Game-Labs Forum

Doubloons Rare on Cargo missions on PVE now

Question

Okay so I've recently started playing the game.  So far 52 hours in I've seen multiple changes.  I'm still learning the mechanics as well.  Haven't picked up on the ship crafting just yet still on the grind to get XP.  How ever, I did notice that the prices of the missions for the open world have changed some but that was to be expected.  How ever what I did notice is that there are now NO cargo missions where one player can earn doubloons.  Yes I do play PVE for now to work out the mechanics of the game to learn crafting and everything else.  How ever now I'm a bit confused as to how I will earn those doubloons if I can't get them from certain cargo missions.  Any suggestions on this. 

3 answers to this question

Yea I found that one out.  I don't mind grinding on trading missions to get them.  Since I was just able to pick up a Traders Brig.  I guess that ship is top heavy lol.  Either way I've been slowly figuring things out.  Been grinding as well for the Reals to get my port and things built up so I can actually build my own ships.  Id rather take my time learn the mechanics on PVE.  Even though I did go onto the PVP server the other day and did straight battles for a bit with slim to zero experience on the PVP side of things and how to actually sail in it.  Just jumped right in and I rather enjoyed it quite fun.  But if I want to be efficient enough to not worry about anything I still need to learn the mechanics.

I did noticed since the last patch on the 24th, before the long maintenance, that all ports do now have at least one economy cargo mission that pays 500 doubloons. With some ports having two missions on offer paying doubloons.