Game-Labs Forum

Eventually, a cold war era DLC?

goduranus

Since late game there'd be radar and all,  I suppose once we got radar and ECM, it's only a stone throw away from guided missiles or nuclear power, then we'd get great ships like Ticonderoga and Kirov. The foundations for ship maneuvers and damage modeling already exist, it's only the AI that would need some tweaks to understand how to use these. I'd buy that DLC.

It's like how War Thunder started with Operation Barbarossa, then evolved into Jet Age, new ERA, and Lock-on

Well first step first.

Once the game is done, maybe there will be addons/DLC to expand the game into that time or a new game entirely.

I wouldn't mind either option.

But before that the game need to be finish and we need the 40's included. 

Seeing as they're not going to be adding steam power to Naval Action as DLC, I doubt they'll add the Cold War tech as DLC here. While I have started to want, more and more, a Cold War era Naval Game (with todays graphics and yesterdays attention to detail), I'd much rather see it in a different game to this. I dunno, an Ultimate Admiral: Missile Command, perhaps

Edited by Illusive Tabby

1 hour ago, Illusive Tabby said:

Seeing as they're not going to be adding steam power to Naval Action as DLC, I doubt they'll add the Cold War tech as DLC here. While I have started to want, more and more, a Cold War era Naval Game (with todays graphics and yesterdays attention to detail), I'd much rather see it in a different game to this. I dunno, an Ultimate Admiral: Missile Command, perhaps

if a game like BattleStations: Midway, or a development of Empire Earth's game engine were made with Cold War era in mind I'd be totally down with it.