Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
EliotXII

nerf dissatisfaction with delivery missions.

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Raekur said:

 

ALL of those prices are set by the developers not the players or do you think that a crafters efforts should be for free so you dont have to pay a fair price for a ship??

4,250,000 lvl3 shipyard
1,650,000 lvl3 teak
1,650,000 lvl3 wo
1,750,000 lvl3 iron


9,300,000 total

prices for a 1st rate strating from 4mil

9,300,000/4,000,000 = 2.325 First rates 

2.325 * 224030 = 520870

9.3kk + 521000 = 9821000 <- this number divided by 4mil (price for lOcean) = 2.45 

2.45 L'Oceans sold by the price of 4mil is equal or almost equal for an entire production chain. 

 

Cost to built a L'Ocean

Oak Log            1490 x10  14900
Fir Log               800  x4   3200    
Hemp                333  x58  19314
Iron Ore             305  x62  18910
Lignum Vitae    66   x36  2376
Stone Block     165  x14  2310
Coal                  230  x4   920
Teak Log            2985 x40  119400
White Oak Log    655  x40  26200
Provisions           1100 x15  16500
              224030 Total 

Plus

Doubloons    9166

Combat Medals 30

 

So in few words

You are saying that it does worth for me or any other player to buy ships by the prices we have now when 1st rate starts from 4mil is worth rather than setting up my own production chain and craft ships. 

tenor.gif

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So at the end this game encourage those with more alts, and try to penalize those who go akf during travel? 

Why I have to make an alt to have more buildings? Is not possible to add an other dlc to have more? We just have one, make an other for more 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

So at the end this game encourage those with more alts, and try to penalize those who go akf during travel? 

Why I have to make an alt to have more buildings? Is not possible to add an other dlc to have more? We just have one, make an other for more 

Why do you need an alt? Just follow the advise Beeekonda posted above. If you do not want to build ships (which is really easy even if you play alone and even easier if you play in a group), cap ships from the AI. Do PvP with cheap ships. You will capture really nice crafted ships from players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Conte D. Catellani said:

So at the end this game encourage those with more alts, and try to penalize those who go akf during travel? 

Why I have to make an alt to have more buildings? Is not possible to add an other dlc to have more? We just have one, make an other for more 

Rotate resource buildings

Resources like Stone, Hemp, Lignum Vitae are used in crafting in small amounts and their LVL3 buildings are super cheap.

Fir and Oak LVL1 are also cheap 

You dont neet to have those all the time just stockpile and then destroy and build another one. All my crafting is done on one account and by all I mean ALL FARMING AND GATHERING AND HAULING AND STORING. This game encouraged people-to-people trading, but all we have is mAh sHiT iS ToO eXpEnSiVe tO RePlAcE aDmeN nO GibB mE fReEeEeeEeEe gOlD I qUiT nOw attitude and people on forums (including this topic) talking about 1% and other irrelevant stuff

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

Rotar edificios de recursos

Los recursos como Stone, Hemp, Lignum Vitae se utilizan en la elaboración en pequeñas cantidades y sus edificios LVL3 son súper baratos.

Abeto y Roble LVL1 también son baratos 

No es necesario tenerlos todo el tiempo simplemente acumulando y luego destruyendo y construyendo otro. Toda mi elaboración se realiza en una sola cuenta y por todo me refiero a TODA LA AGRICULTURA Y LA REUNIÓN Y ALMACENAMIENTO Y ALMACENAMIENTO. Este juego fomentó el comercio de persona a persona, pero todo lo que tenemos es que  MAH SHITS ES DEMASIADO EXPLOSIVO PARA REPROBAR NO RECOMENDADO, NO HAGA MUCHAS PREGUNTAS  , y que la gente en los foros (incluido este tema) habla sobre el 1% y otras cosas irrelevantes

You can say what you want but BUILD A SHIPYARD IS Expensive and the income is half. It is still absurd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The nerf on cargo missions was needed for a long time, it's arrived late and was way overdue. People just got used to easy money and easy doubloons. So they feel like they are being robbed. Cargo missions have little to no risk, four Traders Brigs cost less than 25k in all. When I did cargo missions for my main income I could easily make 3 million every day with just 10 missions delivered. How can anyone say that is well balanced? Even with the nerf you can still make 1 million with just 10 missions if you sell the doubloons.  Dedicate yourself to doing that for 10 days and you have 10 million. You can easily use 3 T brigs +1 Escort ship and deliver multiple missions at once in the same port. That's not enough for a rookie? 

There are other way to make money in the game, if you are relying on just cargo missions forever then that's your real issue. Even selling cheap ships from lvl 1 shipyards can make a good profit, if you know which ship to sell and where. You can gather a resource in one port, even your capital port, and sell it a different port when it might be needed. Bring Teak/White oak/Live oak to any ship crafting port and you can sell it for a profit. There's many other ways too, just have to try a little bit, instead of complaining the easiest way to do it is gone. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as delivery missions keep being almost risk free they will keep being the main way for many people to make money which is a problem on its own. There were supposed to be a tool to help you get back on your feet. Instead it only helps those with an army of alts that keep accumulating the same mission and deliver them all in one trip. Just go to Rum Cove or Kidds island in general, and watch all the trader brigs(which most of them are captured) coming from Bermuda or the North Bahamas. The same can be said for the Dutch, Brits etc. Its a business with minimal risk and immense profits.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Never said:

The nerf on cargo missions was needed for a long time, it's arrived late and was way overdue. People just got used to easy money and easy doubloons. So they feel like they are being robbed. Cargo missions have little to no risk, four Traders Brigs cost less than 25k in all. When I did cargo missions for my main income I could easily make 3 million every day with just 10 missions delivered. How can anyone say that is well balanced? Even with the nerf you can still make 1 million with just 10 missions if you sell the doubloons.  Dedicate yourself to doing that for 10 days and you have 10 million. You can easily use 3 T brigs +1 Escort ship and deliver multiple missions at once in the same port. That's not enough for a rookie? 

There are other way to make money in the game, if you are relying on just cargo missions forever then that's your real issue. Even selling cheap ships from lvl 1 shipyards can make a good profit, if you know which ship to sell and where. You can gather a resource in one port, even your capital port, and sell it a different port when it might be needed. Bring Teak/White oak/Live oak to any ship crafting port and you can sell it for a profit. There's many other ways too, just have to try a little bit, instead of complaining the easiest way to do it is gone. 

 

10 missions = 3KK? no, wait, what? I did 10 missions a day and at most I would get 1.5KK with luck.

~

I continue with my opinion, nerf missions deliver, ok, but nerf the load weight too. or take off that nasty nerf.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cargo delivery missions need to go. Passenger one's should give you a couple of hundred thousands at best. Cargo delivery missions should be replaced by missions that require actual trading goods or resources to be delivered at a port for a premium price. This adds the risk, the reward for all sides(inlcuding in case the ship gets captured by a privateer) and keeps in check the flow of money and resources to a reasonable amount. Heck you could even tie them to the amount of the resources available in a port. If it has too much of a resource generate a mission. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sella said:

Cargo delivery missions need to go. Passenger one's should give you a couple of hundred thousands at best. Cargo delivery missions should be replaced by missions that require actual trading goods or resources to be delivered at a port for a premium price. This adds the risk, the reward for all sides(inlcuding in case the ship gets captured by a privateer) and keeps in check the flow of money and resources to a reasonable amount. Heck you could even tie them to the amount of the resources available in a port. If it has too much of a resource generate a mission. 

I don't think the cargo missions should go, they are good for rookies. But cargo with missions with actual trade goods are a great idea, they would just need to be a lot more profitable than the current cargo missions.  One issue I could see is if they were tied to a specific resource and to a specific port, it would be a little too easy to hunt down people trying to complete them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, EliotXII said:

10 missions = 3KK? no, wait, what? I did 10 missions a day and at most I would get 1.5KK with luck.

~

I continue with my opinion, nerf missions deliver, ok, but nerf the load weight too. or take off that nasty nerf.

 

10k doubloons used to sell for 2 million when I did that. Plus there were missions that would give around 150k reales on top of 1k doubloons. On top of that there were missions you could pick up on your way to 1 delivery and deliver 2 or 3 missions at once, plus passengers. So (100k average for cargo mission + 1k doubloons) * 10 times = 3kk (selling the doubloons for 200 a piece back when I did it but now you can still sell for 125 at least, which is likely to go back up with the nerf)

After nerf, it's 50k + 500 doubloons a mission, so with 10 missions you can still make 50k reales + (500  doubloons * 125 reales) per mission. Which is 50 000 + 62 500 = 112 500 reales. By 10 times? 1 125 000. One million+ a day from low risk missions sounds like enough for a rookie to me. 

Edited by Never
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

Do you understand that devs dont make prices? Its people. And if people will not start doing basic math inflation is not going anyway regardless of changes? 

 

apparently people are buying at those prices so I don't get your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Never said:

10k doubloons used to sell for 2 million when I did that. Plus there were missions that would give around 150k reales on top of 1k doubloons. On top of that there were missions you could pick up on your way to 1 delivery and deliver 2 or 3 missions at once, plus passengers. So (100k average for cargo mission + 1k doubloons) * 10 times = 3kk (selling the doubloons for 200 a piece back when I did it but now you can still sell for 125 at least, which is likely to go back up with the nerf)

After nerf, it's 50k + 500 doubloons a mission, so with 10 missions you can still make 50k reales + (500  doubloons * 125 reales) per mission. Which is 50 000 + 62 500 = 112 500 reales. By 10 times? 1 125 000. One million+ a day from low risk missions sounds like enough for a rookie to me. 

I don't sell the doubloons!
why would I sell something that might be useful to me in the future ?!

Edited by EliotXII
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wraith said:

Building a level three shipyard should be expensive. It is end-game content for crafting, and likely is intended to be primarily accomplished by clans which are producing line ships for their clan members, primarily for RvR (more end-game content). But a lvl 1 shipyard?  Easily within the grasp of anyone who's done a bit of trading and a bit of PvE.  

Can you get to crafting line ships as a solo?  Sure.. but it should be exceedingly hard, especially now that you can just cap line ships at will! 

 

Building a level three shipyard  NOT should be expensive. because it's not  end-game content. There are many improvements to develop. On the other hand, ships are the blood of the game.


 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still hope, reducing the income of Delivery missions was just the first preparing step by the Devs to reactivate the buy low - transport - sell high trading!!!

For what did Devs create all the variety of different goods??? Hope a second step will follow in one of the next patches! Different weights, changing AI prices, using much more goods for crafting and building harbours and buildings ... expl. an Academy needs less doubs but many diffent goods from all over the OW to be finished  ... Parisian Furniture for the Admirals Offices... and many other stuff.

Use Reals! Sell 1st Rates for 10 mil and buy Doubs for that money. Buy 20k Doubs for 500 reals each ... it's a free Market 

I keep beliving the good side will win inside the Devs 

Edited by Peter von Friedemach
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter von Friedemach said:

I still hope, reducing the income of Delivery missions was just the first preparing step by the Devs to reactivate the buy low - transport - sell high trading!!!

I can tell you right now, that trading will never become the primary source of funds in this game at this point. If you look at all the changes in relation to trading and costs that have occurred over the last year and with the latest patch (increased rewards for ship kills) it is clear that the preferred method is sinking ships. I would expect trade goods to be eliminated if it were not for the twisted desire to give a glimmer of hope to those players that do trade runs and thus are nothing more than another source of targets for the preferred players (pvp). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I don't know, 4-600k net income per delivered Indiaman, even form some routes you can sail AFK... it still is a reasonable source of income. :P 

Try that somewhere other than the NO to VC route in the gulf. Everyone already knows that VC generates close to 70M per day for the nation. So do not claim that the same safe waters exist elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this time we have Vera Cruz at 4 million / Nouvelle-Orleans at 3.4 million / Cartagena de Indias at .9 million just to point out 3.

Can you name 3 other nations generating that kind of money? Your operations in the gulf pretty much go uncontested. The same can not be said for other nations, which the largest i was able to find was about 360k. So since your nation is producing over 20 times the funds as anyone else, are you really the best person to express how difficult it is to pay for things?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 9:01 AM, toblerone said:

This will have a huge impact on the price of high tier ships 

Also, new players will struggle big time in building any 4th rate and up (not even metioning setting up a level 3 shipyard, which will become almost impossible).

Good luck ... you will need it

This is the feedback I have had from many newer players. To be honest, players like me are Ok. We have our shipyards and crafting stuff set up, all the blueprints we need for crafting so we are OK. We really only need dubs for ship crafting and enough drop from combat to easily fund that. I feel this is just another addition to the grind for new players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sella said:

Cargo delivery missions should be replaced by missions that require actual trading goods or resources to be delivered at a port for a premium price. This adds the risk, the reward for all sides(inlcuding in case the ship gets captured by a privateer) and keeps in check the flow of money and resources to a reasonable amount. Heck you could even tie them to the amount of the resources available in a port. If it has too much of a resource generate a mission.

You know what, as someone who is against the recent removal of doubloons from current Cargo missions, I can totally get behind this. Why? I remember the days of running my Indiamen with China Tea from KPR to Cartagena, some of the most stressful times in the game and it actually made trading high-risk/value goods fun.

They could do the cargo missions similar to every other game, with multiple difficulty tiers:
eg: You're in KPR. Open up missions, and you see a new contract. George Town. The contract states that a recent storm has rendered George Town's provisions of Gunpowder flooded and damp. Your mission is to deliver 8 tons of Gunpowder to George Town. Accepting the mission will cost 50,000 reals deposit to purchase the goods. Upon successful delivery of the goods to George Town, you will receive your deposit back as well as a delivery bonus of 100,000 reals and 100 doubloons.

You could even have missions for example which require delivery of muskets to spies in an enemy port, costing a lot more on initial investment, but with a VERY high payout (eg: 1M Reals, 5000 Doubloons, perhaps even rewarding combat medals or something for them). In these cases, they might even be visible to that nation that a spy is receiving a shipment and turn it into an event where players have escorts for traders etc.

Just a few examples, but there REALLY needs to be a level of risk in these missions. I admit it is a bit ridiculous being able to just keep taking them, and just throwing away the one's I don't care about/want to do. These would still be missions, but there would be an investment risk involved so people may not run 3 captured trade brigs and instead run combat ships or escorts (depending on the mission + payout).

Edited by Isaac J Smith
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raekur said:

Вера Круз с 4 миллионами долларов / Новый Орлеан с 3,4 миллионами / Картахена с 0,9 миллионами, чтобы отметить 3.

Можете ли вы назвать 3 других нации, производящих такие деньги? Ваши действия в этой степени не оспариваются. То же самое нельзя сказать о других странах. Вы должны быть лучшим человеком, чтобы выразить, насколько сложно платить за вещи?

 

You can trade NO-Vere-Cruz - black iron, buy at NO 4963 + 10% tax = 5459 for 1, we can 39 take 39 units of goods for 1 Indian or 39 * 5459 = 212901.00, multiply by 4 Indians 39 * 4 156 product = 851604

then we sell VK goods at a selling price of 8202 per unit and - 10% tax 8202.2 = 7381.8 for 1 net profit per unit = 7381.8 - 5459 = 1922.8

Net profit from 1 ship = 39 * 1922.874989.2

Net profit from 4 ships = (39 * 4) * 1922.8 = 299956.8

To make a profit of 4 million, you need = 4,000,000 / 299,956.8 = flights on 4 Indian - 13.33

To make a profit of 80 million, you need = 80000000 / 299956.8 = flights on 4 Indian - 266.71

 

count the time to buy a product, the goods fall once an hour + - in an amount of, for example, 20 units - therefore, to buy 156 units of goods in BUT, we need 156/20 = 7.8 hours to buy

attention to the question, how many missionary traders can be completed in 7.8 hours and which player carries the risks?

 

Edited by Gringo69rus
P/s
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Peter von Friedemach said:

Todays Patch: Delivery Missions give 800 Doubloons now!

I know a Guy who has 6 alts, He is collecting transport and passenger missions at Somerset, flatts and St. George's Town. He then abbord the Missions and collect new missions (think he must wait until downtime). Every 3 days (before the passenger missions outdate) He sail his passengers in Basic cutters to their Ports, Cargo missions every 8 days ... 

THIS will be great news for him ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...