Game-Labs Forum

No Multiplayer Please (Yet)

Absolute0CA

Yes I agree with this and maybe consider dropping it entirely. Multiplayer would most likely be effecting the single player as modules that were modified to be balanced in multiplayer might make drastic negative changes to single player experience. 

Besides if we want the game to be realistic they will cause drastic unbalanced issues anyways like any other game that try to mix realism and multiplayer

• Like 2

Im pretty sure multiplayer won't be a thing in this game.

And if so won't arrive untill around what? 2021 at the earliest 2023 at the latest.

Hopefully the devs create a copy of each file that can be altered so that singleplayer and multiplayer can then be balanced more effectively without effecting the other.

I’d argue you can already see the effect in the stupid balance changes for multi with the hilariously slow main battery fire rates and totally anemic secondaries and low caliber guns. They should go for realistic. Statistics IMHO.

2 minutes ago, Absolute0CA said:

I’d argue you can already see the effect in the stupid balance changes for multi with the hilariously slow main battery fire rates and totally anemic secondaries and low caliber guns. They should go for realistic. Statistics IMHO.

Yeah but...most peeps who play multiplayer games perfer faster action, this game would bore the hell out of the majority of gamers (well it would since it does since they prefer twitch shooters and the like). Don't get me wrong its a gud gameh (can't wait for moar design choices) but multiplayer would be kinda wasted unless they go mad on advertisement.

It's still very early alpha we havent even left alpha 1 yet, just provide decent feedback and if the dev don't listen...riot i guess?

Also you forget they havent factored in other nations for example USA 13inch gun only has a rate of fire of 1 round per min while the 305mm had a rate of fire anywhere between 2-3 rounds depending on the type of gun.

Uk had their own 13inch with a rate of fire of 0.3-0.5! germans fired slightly faster than the yanks at 2.5 rounds per min.

So once they have a gud feel of their smoll mechanics then should be able to implement each individual gun type. (maybe).

Gun creator when?

3 minutes ago, Absolute0CA said:

That was literally half my suggestion in my fleet review.

Hope it arrives soon.

Toineh 4.32123456956 inch gun needs to be made!

But still, sounds like a gud idea.

Hope 482mm, 508mm and 533mm guns arrive at somepoint.

1 minute ago, Cptbarney said:

Hope it arrives soon.

Toineh 4.32123456956 inch gun needs to be made!

But still, sounds like a gud idea.

Hope 482mm, 508mm and 533mm guns arrive at somepoint.

I even went into gun construction choices and the like in the suggestion and mounts because well depending on how you build the gun it could be lighter or heavier also.

2 minutes ago, Absolute0CA said:

I even went into gun construction choices and the like in the suggestion and mounts because well depending on how you build the gun it could be lighter or heavier also.

Hopefully it gets noticed!

Then i can build miss H44 and H45!

'w'

And a chonky ship with 533mm's gun sound would probs blow your speakers out (or eardrums lol).

Probs get bonuses depending on tech and the nation your with.

Edited by Cptbarney

I don't care about competitive MP all that much. Not to say not at all as it usually poisons community and realism but considering a coop mode wouldn't hurt anyone.
The game can stay as close to the real thing as possible but still allow you to share some amazing hours with friends.

• 2 weeks later...