Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Seasonal Update: Treacherous Waters - Preliminary information

Recommended Posts

On 10/22/2019 at 11:13 AM, Ponk said:

Asking the real question here, how are those shipbuilders in the picture going to get that ship back into the water?

Wait for the tide perhaps:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

 

There should be at least the feeling of sailing a 18th century frigate and some modern motor driven yacht.

THIS i Always say to my family, aahhh to my crew i mean, when i whip them meanwhile they are scrubbing the living room, errr the deck ... 😁

Edit:

Btw. Sailing from La Mona to Aves in 25 min was feeling like sailing on an old sailingship, but doing it in 15 minutes destroy the Immersion completely??? 😂🤣😅

Edited by Earl of Grey
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, admin said:

Is your comment  purely theoretical and you have no information and just post to waste time?  I will insist. 
Is unboosted lynx OR  boosted wasa is faster at 15 degrees to wind?
You claim that boosted wasa is faster at Lynx best point. If you believe its true you can of course asnwer the simple question


What is the speed of Lynx at its best point in OW ? 
 

Honestly the best thing would be to make it you can't tag or join battles while boosted.  

6 hours ago, Sir Max Magic said:

...and dont forget the 85.000 Dubloons to make a LvL 3 Shipyard !!!

Good luck to any nation who lost a major port and countless players has to relocate their Shipyards...

 

This update is soless thought through, its beyond recognition... just FUBAR came to my mind :P 

 Level three is not suppose to be cheap for a reason.  Plan a head and save some. That is what we have been doing as a clan in case we loose our main crafting port and we are a very small clan in Dutch.

6 hours ago, Sir Max Magic said:

Honestly @admin, your answer directed towards @koltes (nothing against you Mate) like he is an old friend and when he complains, you listen...shows your attitude against the normal, casual player :( 

Over and out

Well no offence to @koltes, but he is Russian so yah prob some bias there.  Though normally I seen them go at each other too.

6 hours ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

I’d like to chime in and agree; 

 

the Wind bonus should only be for areas OFF coastal regions. 
 

it’s a bonus for traders.  
 

it should NOT be a bonus for the raiders. 
 

This right here......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jan van Santen said:

Keep PB's on PVE for all I care, but de-couple port boni from port ownwership. Nobody cares for taxes anyway, reales are easy on PvE, even with the current broken trade system afk trading will do nicely...but many want to have a good ship, thus port boni.

Both could live side by side nicely. Port ownership and all those tasty port improvements for those who can afford to conquer a port, *plus* random port boni packages as crafting ingredient found in premium loot. So anybody who never gets a port of his own still can hope he finds the loot and can use it on a standard non-augmented shipyard.

Should not be a random package either.

So, for example,  loot is:

crew bonus +1

gunnery bonus +1

etc...

He may collect them as he likes, use some of them across his ship creations, or even combine *ALL* to a maximum of +4 bonus in every category on a single ship, if he dares (ship is still mortal, so don't cry when all collected looted boni packages sink with a single ship = your risk).

*AND* I can think of combination of the two methods to implement port boni. A ship with home-based bonus due to port improvement still could get further advanced by one or several of the mentioned looted bonus packages.

A versatile system which could please everyone. Port owners and just shipyard owners.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Liq said:

@Sir Max Magic

Solo Players also have never been able to craft better ships, leave alone join port Battles, if they decided to not cooperate

But as far as I know solo players are, by definition of the term, and on their own will, playing solo and therefore not interested in big group acticities / port battles - else they would be part of a clan, right?

Also they have always been able to buy stuff they couldnt get themselves for ingame currencies

IMHO not every single bit of group content has to get dumbed down to also fit solo players

Just to make it clear, so i understand it right:

We now speak about the new group content aka raiding and the extremly nerfed income of Dubs out of mission running, correct ?!

 

So, i dont have anything against this new raiding mechanic, both that we can raid and that the AI is raiding us, because it might be fun...

...but i am completly against the nerf of Dubs in mission in this context because newer, weaker, Solo Players, not so organized clans are EXCLUDED from this new sort of income !!

To make it crystalclear: i am NOT against the new raiding, i am against this should be our new source of income !! Completly different :P 

 

...and speaking of the new raiding mechanic:

Did you thought about that even in big clans many People are excluded from this content because they cannot field a 1st rate up to now and there are only few spots for 3rd rates !

This would be okay, like it was okay for Port battles, but Port Battles were NOT meant as a source of income, they are ENDGAME.--><--- but the new raidings are meant as a source of income !

But how should be a growing player be able to take part of it when he doesnt have the rank for ?? And how should he earn his living until he has the rank ??

You HAVOC Guys look at problems always from the perspective of hardcore playing, but pls accept that there are many players out there who enjoy a more relaxed game becuase they have a living outside the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Liq said:

@Sir Max Magic

Solo Players also have never been able to craft better ships, leave alone join port Battles, if they decided to not cooperate

But as far as I know solo players are, by definition of the term, and on their own will, playing solo and therefore not interested in big group acticities / port battles - else they would be part of a clan, right?

Also they have always been able to buy stuff they couldnt get themselves for ingame currencies

IMHO not every single bit of group content has to get dumbed down to also fit solo players

I noticed a big trend of solo players wanting every thing else that clans and big groups have and with little to no effort.  Solo just means it's going to be longer for you to get what groups get or cost more.  It's also means you won't get the group play stuff unless you pay a group to do the content for you. Just like any other game you don't get the reward for a Raid big fight unless you do that content yourself or pay some one to do it.

21 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

...but also not every single part of the game has to get tightenend up to appease you elite hardcore adrenalin junkies who want PvP fighting 24/7 :( 

I would say, let everyone play the game he wants, but this seems to much asked for some of you...

Guess why the numbers of players are dwindling again ? I dont think, its because of lack of PvP fights

This game was never designed for solos only,  if you want to do stuff alone it will take longer and prob cost you more.  This game has always been about the group/clan/nation play not the solo.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Honestly the best thing would be to make it you can't tag or join battles while boosted.

I spoke more about it in the Wind Boost thread, but basically said that the boost should stop the instant another (enemy) player is in sight.  Its great for travel though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

You HAVOC Guys look at problems always from the perspective of hardcore playing, but pls accept that there are many players out there who enjoy a more relaxed game becuase they have a living outside the game

Lol

Pretty sure all of us are either working full time or studying @ uni 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I noticed a big trend of solo players wanting every thing else that clans and big groups have and with little to no effort.  Solo just means it's going to be longer for you to get what groups get or cost more.  It's also means you won't get the group play stuff unless you pay a group to do the content for you. Just like any other game you don't get the reward for a Raid big fight unless you do that content yourself or pay some one to do it.

This game was never designed for solos only,  if you want to do stuff alone it will take longer and prob cost you more.  This game has always been about the group/clan/nation play not the solo.  

 

 Solo play isn't to bad tbh, you can always buy national port build ships but getting gold/purple ofc is much harder as a solo  rather than crafting and getting over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LegoLarry said:

 

 Solo play isn't to bad tbh, you can always buy national port build ships but getting gold/purple ofc is much harder as a solo  rather than crafting and getting over time.

That depends highly on the Nation you play for. For example i was really impressed that British have a clan everyone can get in just to build His ships with Portbonus ... this Clan was created to save space on the friendslist and giving the small clans nd Soloplayers Access to portboni ...

I really like the brits for that, allthough im No Soloplayers anymore ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overloading is not allowed in battle instances

Without the ability to split the loot of a sunken trader, it is impossible to carry away a part of the cargo. Please allow splitting cargo on sunken ships.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, der Wallone said:

Overloading is not allowed in battle instances

Without the ability to split the loot of a sunken trader, it is impossible to carry away a part of the cargo. Please allow splitting cargo on sunken ships.

I split cargo all the time.  Bring it onto your own ship and split it.  Put back what you cant use

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rediii said:

If you can't overload your ship anymore you can't get it on your ship though. right?

Sorry, I missed that in the OP.  I'm allowed to be stupid once a day...my wife says so....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After doing a raid last night.

Honestly, it can be solo'd, it would take a long time but it is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a nice feature, if the maximum possible amount of the selected cargo would be transferred and the rest remains in the hold of the sunken ship. The same would be nice for transferring cargo from warehouse to the ship, so manually splitting up before transferring would no longer be necessary.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Earl of Grey said:

THIS i Always say to my family, aahhh to my crew i mean, when i whip them meanwhile they are scrubbing the living room, errr the deck ... 😁

Edit:

Btw. Sailing from La Mona to Aves in 25 min was feeling like sailing on an old sailingship, but doing it in 15 minutes destroy the Immersion completely??? 😂🤣😅

The game advertised with a huge map "you cannot see the other shore of lake maracaibo".

Well, compared to 2016 the map is already smaller, since too many players were unhappy about sailing some distance. Even the speed of the ships was increased. Now we increase speed to ridiculous levels? 

This game was in many aspects better in 2016. The bigger map is one of those. The generell question is: what kind of naval game shall this one be?

Back in 2016 I had the impression that it was intended to be as close to history as possible, now I have the feeling that it turns in a kind of fun-game like Pirates!

It is now just about doing everything fast and even faster. But that is not what we have OW for. You will progess, but slow, in sailing distances and gaining XP.

It is disappointing that the devs left their original path and change this game in a kind of arena game with a bit of OW.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devs, the wind boost its OK. Maybe you still could improve more, but its ok. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For tastes the colors but.... If this is the way I want dragons, the kraken (and I am not talking here about any clan mate's wife 😂 ) and the Dave Jones phantom fleet... f**ck the game to the end, don't let the work half done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

Well, compared to 2016 the map is already smaller, since too many players were unhappy about sailing some distance. Even the speed of the ships was increased. Now we increase speed to ridiculous levels? 

Aww, are your AFK sailing hours watching Netflix or cruising Reddit going to be threatened? That’s a crying shame. 🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Capitalism said:

Aww, are your AFK sailing hours watching Netflix or cruising Reddit going to be threatened? That’s a crying shame. 🙄

Well, sometimes I can watch for hours my ship going up and down the waves, no need for netflix. That is what I am doing on a real sailing yacht, too. Maybe I am a bit crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

Well, compared to 2016 the map is already smaller, since too many players were unhappy about sailing some distance. Even the speed of the ships was increased. Now we increase speed to ridiculous levels? 

Have you used it yet?  It's a great QOL improvement for OW travel.  As I said earlier, my negative feedback is the PVP impact that it has.  The boost should disappear when an enemy player is in sight.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

Well, sometimes I can watch for hours my ship going up and down the waves, no need for netflix. That is what I am doing on a real sailing yacht, too. Maybe I am a bit crazy.

One wonders, then, why you’d be upset by having something to do while you sail, namely keeping an eye out for strong winds on the map?

For me, it’s in the name:

Naval Action != Naval Screen Saver

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Have you used it yet?  It's a great QOL improvement for OW travel.  As I said earlier, my negative feedback is the PVP impact that it has.  The boost should disappear when an enemy player is in sight.

 

I fear this a little too, but after tagging two Trader Lynx in my boosted 50knts USS i think maybe taking the prepared-perk from the game is the solution... If you have at least 30-40 seconds to react in the good Tag, you have a good Chance to escape. If enemy is close Side to Side and prepared with loaded chains you are dead ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mascarino said:

 I agree, could improve more. We need more speed, my hull is still touching the water.

😏 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...