Game-Labs Forum

PVE Missions - AI to chase me or run from me - Missions that make enemy chase only you in certain conditions

Just thinking in relation to my other PVP zone topic, that it would be fun to be able to take a specific type of mission that made the AI aggressive towards you in certain circumstances. They would ONLY CHASE you. Conversely missions could make the enemy could run away from only.

Some example missions I can think of:

Enemy AI chase mission - Any enemy Cerberus in the OW will give chase to your ship. But your ship only. You must be in a 6th rate or lower. You cannot be in a trader.

Enemy AI chase mission - Any enemy nations ships will attack you and give chase regardless of the ship you are in. Be careful or abandon the mission before leaving port.

Enemy AI chase mission - Any Danish AI ship will give chase and attack. You will gain hostility for killing these AI Danish ships. 

Conversely the enemy could run away:

Enemy AI Run away Mission - Any enemy French trader will run away from you. However upon bringing them to heal you will get a larger reward.

Enemy AI Run away mission - Any enemy fleet lower than your BR will run from you.

Obviously if you are in a group the same things will apply to them?? Which would mean that a lot of conditions would apply at once to all mission holders in the group.

This would also give the smaller faster ships like the renomee a use for raiding!

• Like 1

... maybe meaning players of the PvE server don't go to NA forum ?

About your suggestion, I find it a bit complicated. For example, with "Enemy AI chase mission - Any enemy Cerberus in the OW will give chase to your ship" : sometimes you don't come across a Cerberus for a long time...

What about just two simple missions or switch-on/off button(s) you can even press in OW (I prefer that last one) ?

1) Enemy AI chase mission - Any enemy nations ships will attack you and give chase, depending on rates (6th-rates attack 6th-rates, etc.).

2) Enemy AI Run away Mission - Any enemy trader will run away from you. 

Edited by LeBoiteux

10 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

1) Enemy AI chase mission - Any enemy nations ships will attack you and give chase, depending on rates (6th-rates attack 6th-rates, etc.).

2) Enemy AI Run away Mission - Any enemy trader will run away from you. 

Both of these suggestions already happen in battle.

1) Enemy warships will chase you regardless of health until they are sunk.

2) All trade ships try to run away.

The only difference is the open world attack mechanism. In other words - aggressive ai, which I believe is slated for introduction to both servers.

7 minutes ago, Ortac said:

Both of these suggestions already happen in battle.

1) Enemy warships will chase you regardless of health until they are sunk.

2) All trade ships try to run away.

The only difference is the open world attack mechanism. In other words - aggressive ai, which I believe is slated for introduction to both servers.

I for one (and Destraex also, I think) talk only about the OW, not battle instances. Needless to say...

As for AI aggressiveness (the subject of my post), it still hasn't been implemented yet and can be discussed, knowing some don't like the idea.

Cheers 🙂

Edited by LeBoiteux

• 2 weeks later...