Game-Labs Forum

15 of 21 Academy sorties successfully completed and a few questions...

Rick W

I have refrained from any but my initial 6 hour observations and concentrated on getting truly comfortable with the manuver and fire components currently present. While I still do not like the ship navigation design structure, I am getting used to it. The lack of a compass rosette with 360 degree headings to set specifically for individual divisions or single ships makes for a less than ideal way of aligining ships, particularly ones not in the same division. Some ships within a division (particularly divisions of 3 or more ships) have a strange tendancy to head off to parts unknown on a whim for reasons unknown. For the time being, I'll put this down to a bug of some sort. However, it is more that a bit disconcerting to be charging into battle with 3 or 4 DD's or TB's in line ahead and after going 3 or 4 kilometers looking back to find either the 3rd or 4th in line well on its way to San Francisco for some R&R... ;) The most bizarre thing I have seen to date is a BB of probably WWI era tech taking fourteen ( yes, thats 14) torpedo hits and her damage chart showing her as not so much as having sprung a leak. Not even a single popped rivet to create a new drinking fountain for the black gang. Now I know that torpedos of the period were small with limited hitting power, but after setting up a brilliant 2 DD torpedo attack and working my way in to less than a kilometer to release and watching the ships side torn open stem to stern like a soda can meeting up with a chainsaw, I found it somewhat disheartening to watch her continue on as if a school of herring had run into her by accident. I took it in stride and proceeded to my cabin to don my best dress uniform and returned to the bridge to await the inevitable salvo of 14" shells at close range obliterating all trace of my pathetic failure. I didn't have long to wait...

I have started a list of questions ( beyond 'Why didn't my 14 torpedos turn that ship into so much scrap metal on the sea bed?')...

1. Where is the 'Help Manual' in the files on my system? I would VERY much like to print it out in its entirety and put it in a binder.

2. Will you be creating a DLC of most or all actual, historical ships from the periods this game currently covers? In otherwords, will we have the ability to use visually correct models of most of the real ships like Mikasa, Potemkin, Derfflinger, Tiger, Hood, Graf Spee, Fuso, Scharnhorst, Oklahoma, Houston, De Ruyter, Helena, Atlanta, Fubuki, Fletcher etc. etc. etc. on ad infinitum?

3. Will we be able to name the ships we create and build in the campaign?

4. Will a DLC campaign that is purely historical beginning with say the Russo-Japanese war and running through the end of WWII be available with the ability to choose which country you will control?

5. Will we be able to have 'Naval Architects File Room' to save and store our own designs?

All in all, I stand on my bridge wing and snap a sharp salute to the design team for what has been done to date. Having been part of numerous pre-Alpha and Alpha sims, I can honestly say this one is the most polished at this stage I have yet seen!

Rick W

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sky said:

why are you asking for dlc when the friggen game is still an alpha, ask for them to put it in the main game if possible o-o, ya know, the one you already payed for?

Reading's really not your strong suit is it? I asked ABOUT it, not FOR it. There is a huge difference. Nor did I make any reference as to WHEN they might do anything... And for some one who joined this group 16 hours ago, your opinion is not worth the kilobytes it takes up on the server. Lastly, since all I have done to date is praise the heck out of the Dev's and their product, I feel no compuntion about telling you to get lost...

Edited by Rick W
SP

21 hours ago, Rick W said:

Reading's really not your strong suit is it? I asked ABOUT it, not FOR it. There is a huge difference. Nor did I make any reference as to WHEN they might do anything... And for some one who joined this group 16 hours ago, your opinion is not worth the kilobytes it takes up on the server. Lastly, since all I have done to date is praise the heck out of the Dev's and their product, I feel no compuntion about telling you to get lost...

Violation of Rules #1, 2, 3, 5. - H. Darby