Game-Labs Forum

Yet another new player here's my feedback post.

Fess21

In familiarizing myself with the game and looking up more than a few answers in this forum I figured i may as well post my experiences/questions here as there does not seem to be sticky topic for catching up on what is already being planned vs new ideas. So the short version is here.

New Features

Add tactical map or a last spotted position to the game map.

Marked brakes in sliders for when hull changes (Dreadnought I 23,600/23,700)

Marked breaks in gun calibers for mounting (16+ huge, under 3" for tower casements ect.)

Options to designate target for secondaries in addition to main gun target.

New tool tip icon to show destroyed vs damaged components like engine or rudder.( will i get this back in battle or do I need a shipyard.)

Show number of still functioning guns on ship tooltip vs number of total guns.

Admiral options? move flagship added flag bridge for more effective command

Will there be Sliders to change beam and length? 

Will torpedo bulges be shown visually?

Questions

Light ships CL DD TP seem slow and frail how do you use them effectively without heavier support?

What do funnels do? 

How do fore/aft offsets effect the ship?

Does the angle of the ship effect accuracy? (shooting bow on vs broadside both sending and receiving) 

Balance 

Spotting seems to be very hard to get high and many missions involve you being seen well before the enemy.

Acceleration on ships of all types is very low and not effected by speed sliders.

Option for lower tier armors or other ways to add weight for low cost like more crew

Add spotted torpedo icons in crowded battles

I have enjoyed this game immensely and look forward to seeing the new directions it goes. 

Edit found more things talked about elsewhere.

Edited by Fess21
remove clutter

As to your questions:

During construction, use the speed slider to adjust the top speed of your ship.

The funnels affect the functionality of your engine's acceleration.  The amount of smoke they produce makes you more visible (and easier to target?)  The amount of smoke produced also obscures your own gun accuracy.

There is a help icon in the upper right corner of the game screen that provides details on each ship component, as well as game play in general.  I'm sure you'll find more answers, and more details on those that I responded to, by looking there.  I'm new to the game myself, and found it to be very useful.