Game-Labs Forum

Locking Naval Academy Missions

mcmurphy man

I feel that locking the naval academy missions aside from beating the prior mission is a bad move as far as gathering feedback goes. I for one, would be hopelessly stuck at a mission where you have to torpedo a dreadnaught. I've tried this mission along with the other missions focused around small ships and found them not winnable aside form one or two of the missions. If you want to have a sense of progression when it comes to the naval academy, I understand that, but when it comes to the naval academy as a training course, I was left no more informed as to the mechanics of the game aside from how to build my ship by slapping x instead of y. There's no real explanation as to what some of the terms mean or what they do. The tooltips do help, but there's not a clear indication as to in what circumstance will something be more useful. In the end, the naval academy as it stand is a try until it works type of tutorial and isn't much in regards of teaching the player anything in an academic prospective. To round this back out, don't lock off the naval academy missions, unless you've beaten the prior missions. The game at this point is skewed towards big ships with big guns. The only time where small ships are a threat is where I manually control my ships and neglect to maneuver for torpedoes.  

I agree its a really bad idea and serves no purpose apart from to put people off and discourage further play.

unlocked allows you to dip in and out with whatever you fancy at the time, and to come back to challenging scenarios later. Being stuck = giving up.