Game-Labs Forum

PLS look over the ap values.... something extrem wrong here

Saliddry

just an short  topic cause im in a hurry to get to work just couldnt end the game lol

last mission i made was  against 2 bbs ...

i had 3 bbs with 15 " guns  and best armor at standart setting think belt was 11"

enemy was shooting with  13" guns  we "sailed?" broadside maybe 10° diffrence (so not 90-270° but 80-260°) i would say it was full broadside all the time  distance  was from 7km to 1.x km  ...  

there armor info was given as 1.4-10 (+90%)

like i said i had best armor so +100%

the enemy was penning me middeck penetrations and all that  ....my 15" guns  stuck on partial pen .,.. even when i hit there belt extendet  .....

90% partial pen 10% overpen    I DIDNT land a single real hit  with AP

so something seems to be not working right

oh i forgot i had 3bb against there 2 ...so a lot more shells tested than with just 1 super bb on my side

Edited by Saliddry

What type of explosive were you using? Also, just a guess, but your ships may not have been tuned for accuracy, causing a lot of misses and few penetrations in the right places. If you're missing too much, make sure there is little weight offset (preferably less than 1%, ideally zero) in the designer, and also reduce your speed to 'FULL' speed (marked on the speed slider) and not the default maximum 'flank' speed. This will give a consistent accuracy bonus of around 12%

i had an 30% hit chance around 60 at the end  .....cause i dont change targets every 3 salvos llike some ... youtubers and than wonder why they dont hit

and i also know the speed bonus ....

power? i dont know i think i had white powder   but stop this low % dicussion  the wrong power cant cause in 15" on all ranged to just cause partial penetrations

and like i said i hit more than enough with 3 bbs using 15" guns  it just didnt do any damage cause of the 90% partial penetrations with <50 damage

i changed to explosive and direclty or on the second salvo had an 1460 hit

Edited by Saliddry

how was your deck & none-main belt size ? 

it'd be nice to have more info on penetration,

is overmatch a thing, 
normalisation a thing,
angle is a thing but the two parameter above is to take into consideration, 
is overpen a thing, 
what is partial penetration, 
is damaging recochet included in the term,

i found HE to do alot of interrior damage while not penning for full damage
how is HE working
what are the drawback on HE 
how much pen HE have 

for game mechanic, the more info the better i feel

i said what mission it was and that i didnt change the presets  just the armor type to krupp IV the best  ..best rangefinder and so of cause  but changed nothing else on armor so if you want to test it yourself try it

try it 2-3 times cause the enemys are random  mane where the 2 bbs with 13" guns

im sorry dont want to be rude but i cant check ......im here at my over 80 year old father and watch over him  ..he´s alone since my mother died

cant run the game here  maybe tomorrow i drive back home and can play it over the day

theres only 1 mission against 2 bbs  and nothing else

simply "sail?" broadside to them in my game it was both sailed west with an slight closing  and see what pens

Notice the black areas in the lower left corner, those are the armoured areas.  Normally there would be a black vertical line going up 2/3rd the way of the conning tower right in the middle, not sure why the Kongo does not have it.  If it isn't black, it is 1/2" steel hull plating, 1/2" structural steel, or 1/4" funnels.  Exception is the deck, which has some armour stem to stem.

KongoONI.thumb.jpg.bac881079177c5a64c7f51a4f2c72f2a.jpg

16 hours ago, Saliddry said:

i had an 30% hit chance around 60 at the end  .....cause i dont change targets every 3 salvos llike some ... youtubers and than wonder why they dont hit

and i also know the speed bonus ....

power? i dont know i think i had white powder   but stop this low % dicussion  the wrong power cant cause in 15" on all ranged to just cause partial penetrations

and like i said i hit more than enough with 3 bbs using 15" guns  it just didnt do any damage cause of the 90% partial penetrations with <50 damage

i changed to explosive and direclty or on the second salvo had an 1460 hit

lyddite causes -50% AP penetration

so yes powder is important

if you were using lyddite no surprise you did not pen

lyddite 2 "only" decreases pen by 25%

Edited by Christian

100% sure i didnt use it ..... i used white powder on some mission where it is possible but nothing else

and only when i had a little leftover for spending  if not i simply stayed with blackpowder

Edited by Saliddry

There's also a chance if the enemy's armour was weak enough you could have over-penetrated, which doesn't count as a penetrating hit because the shell does not explode inside the ship. Your 15-inch guns may be over-penetrating their measly 10 inches of armour, while their 13-inch guns are better matched against your 11-inch belt, especially at the relatively short range you were fighting in. I'd recommend switching to HE in short ranges if your guns are too large; they will do far more damage and if you manage to take out their towers and conning tower, they suffer from a massive accuracy penalty. If you want to pen them at closer range with AP, use smaller guns and/or use explosives with a penetration penalty but higher damage like Lyddite 2. This will also buff your HE shells.

The good thing about smaller turrets is that they're lighter and cheaper which allows you to invest more into speed or armour.

12 hours ago, Saliddry said:

100% sure i didnt use it ..... i used white powder on some mission where it is possible but nothing else

and only when i had a little leftover for spending  if not i simply stayed with blackpowder

yeah then i dont see why you were getting non pens