Game-Labs Forum

Secondary Armament Question

VonVolks

They sometimes switch automatically I have noticed. For example when you are already engaging something with your main battery and smaller ships like a CL enter secondary gun battery range, the main guns will keep shooting at their first target while the secondaries will open up at the CL. But I agree, an option to make this clearer or manually focus certain guns on different ships would be useful. 

Idk, was it possible to engage 2 different ships with the main battery? Like could a BB should a target to it's aft with the aft guns, and something infront with the other guns?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Panzerzwerg said:

They sometimes switch automatically I have noticed. For example when you are already engaging something with your main battery and smaller ships like a CL enter secondary gun battery range, the main guns will keep shooting at their first target while the secondaries will open up at the CL. But I agree, an option to make this clearer or manually focus certain guns on different ships would be useful. 

Idk, was it possible to engage 2 different ships with the main battery? Like could a BB should a target to it's aft with the aft guns, and something infront with the other guns?

I agree. As far as I know, if you select a target for any ship, then all available batteries will fire on that ship. It'd be great to direct individual calibers at different targets.

Guns will automatically fire at ships that are with in their range. You can not, to my knowledge, select two different targets for different calibers of guns. I think it would be a nice option to include that secondary or casements be able to shoot different targets,  best example normally the TB or DD that’s closer range and closing and your main guns are shooting at something larger further out. You can tweak when your guns will automatically fire by setting them in safe, normal or aggressive.  The difference being the higher percentage to hit chance when they start firing. 

2 hours ago, VarangianGarde said:

I agree. As far as I know, if you select a target for any ship, then all available batteries will fire on that ship. It'd be great to direct individual calibers at different targets.

Yep, as far as I'm aware, your ships only fire at multiple targets after an enemy has been sunk and they automatically choose other targets.