Game-Labs Forum

Winning with wipes

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Do you think a smaller world is a good idea for NA2 or not the problem in the game? 

There is no risk in 40 euros. If you are in a situation in life were 40 euros is a risk maybe its best not waste it on games in general. I have never bought an early access game in the hopes it would turn out good. I bought it when it was good. Sea trials was good and worth the price imo. We will all buy NA2 no matter what. At least the active forum members. I really dislike the casual combat model in the game currently but its better than the competition. Last but not least how do you know NA2 will be an alpha game? They have NA1 to test and don't be expecting a major jump between NA1 and 2 because you will only be disappointed. My only advice to the devs if they go open world is to make the world alive. Quests, crew, sea life and a Kraken. I am still pissed there are no easter eggs in NA1. 

we have full understanding of how NA2 will look and work on NA helped this understanding. Second MMO will be better than first

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, furyGer said:

There must be any kind of restart or reset in the game. Or it will be boring for a while. Somebody will leave, somebody will come back....my opinion

this might come to Naval action within 2-3 months - At least for the player account. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, admin said:

naval action
rqaqoU2.png

Game-Labs sold 1 mln copies of various games since start (full list at www.game-labs.net). The top ten list for NA is drastically different compared to other products - you know why? Because nations. Norway and denmark are in top 10 ONLY for NA. Sweden Poland are in top 15 ONLY for Naval Action. Other games have traditional distrubution - NA top sellers are countries we added to the game. 

GL Other game. 
image.png

No russian federation at all in the top 10. No denmark, No spain. no norway. 

Only an idiot businessman will reduce the number of nations as those nations bring players into the game. Please stop bringing this issue over and over again. It will never get done. Reduction of nations will never happen. We will never remove Swedish or Danish or Prussian flags from the game. 
+
Even if it was not about bringing players - we care about flags more than the money.
https://www.polygon.com/2015/6/25/8846695/apple-confederate-flag-civil-war

Its ok if you want the nations in the game, make some kind of alliance system between them. But seriously though the problem is that people choose to switxh nations for the ones winning instead of fighting back, just because there are no true alliance system

15 minutes ago, admin said:

we have full understanding of how NA2 will look and work on NA helped this understanding. Second MMO will be better than first

I have no reason to doubt that. Afterall NA1 is a great game. Sometimes we sound critical I know but its our love for it that makes us so passionate. GOTs ending is not hated because its a bad TV show. Its hated because its a great TV show. I am not comparing NA to the season 8 trash of GOT. Creating something great has its drawbacks and this genre of game also draws the critical tactical minded people. 

Anyway any ETA on release? I'm guessing 2021. Can you tell me how close I am? 

• Like 2

Regarding "seasons", you can reset ownership of the ports and port investments, but if you ever wipe anything related to a player, i.e. their rank, crafting level, ship slots, skill books, recipes, money, etc., you will lose more players than you gain.  Regarding crafting buildings, if they are wiped, then all Reals and Doubloons should be refunded to the player.

If you wipe these things, then I know for a fact that I would quit playing forever, as would everyone in Military Gamers.  "No more wipes or resets!"; that was the promise that was made, and it should be kept.  The only reason any of us came back to the game after the release wipe was because of this promise, so don't just assume from some statistics that the wipe was what brought players back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wyy said:

Its ok if you want the nations in the game, make some kind of alliance system between them. But seriously though the problem is that people choose to switxh nations for the ones winning instead of fighting back, just because there are no true alliance system

we had that before the other nations were added. People always chose the easy side even when it wasn't as punishing. If we had the same issues before nations were added then it cannot be the nations. Lower end and higher end upgraded ships need to be more competitive for starters. 

1 minute ago, WilsonMG said:

Regarding "seasons", you can reset ownership of the ports and port investments, but if you ever wipe anything related to a player, i.e. their rank, crafting level, ship slots, skill books, recipes, money, etc., you will lose more players than you gain.  Regarding crafting buildings, if they are wiped, then all Reals and Doubloons should be refunded to the player.

I know for a fact that I would quit playing forever, as would everyone in Military Gamers.  Wipes and resets are over.  That was the promise made, and it should be kept.  The only reason any of us came back to the game after the release wipe was because of this promise, so don't just assume from some statistics that the wipe was what brought players back.

a wipe is toxic yes but refunding the players after a wipe wouldn't really be a wipe. Just saying. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Staunberg said:

If you really know, why didn’t you implement in NA? 

hummm...what about dollars and euros 2.0 ...staun :) 

1dcv0602f6m25.jpg

Halloween is coming :)

Edited by Thonys

To be able to completely destroy individual nations would be a bad idea. It would cause many players to stop playing or quit completely- remember when the US got one ported at CT a while back on the PVP 2 server? That was probably the low point of the game for many players and it nearly wrecked the game.  A better idea would be to add certain incentives for players to switch to weaker nations. We would have to work around Alts exploiting it - but maybe weaker nations defenses could be strengthened by buffing forts - adding additional towers, guns etc. Or there could be a bonus to the weaker nations ships or guns when inside the port battle?  Many are worried about the Russian zerg but for the most part I think its being self regulated by the players themselves so it doesn't wreck the game? - I guess time will tell. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

no.. reset (player character death and new birth) will be voluntary
a-la veteran levels in CS

What does this mean?  

2 hours ago, admin said:

this might come to Naval action within 2-3 months - At least for the player account. 

It sounds like there will be another wipe in a few months.  If that is true,  I think a lot of players may pause -  until the wipe is complete.  For me; I would like to know if there is another wipe coming.

map/account resets due to wins or losses would make me lose interest in playing, that's a clear cut promise.

map resets to "combat" Russia's expansion into taking over the entire map is just a boring temporary fix as they'll just do it again.

If there is any such thing as a round, or 3-6 month map reset and the current port investment difficulty stays as is? yeah I be out guys.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Do you think a smaller world is a good idea for NA2 or not the problem in the game? 

There is no risk in 40 euros. If you are in a situation in life were 40 euros is a risk maybe its best not waste it on games in general. I have never bought an early access game in the hopes it would turn out good. I bought it when it was good. Sea trials was good and worth the price imo. We will all buy NA2 no matter what. At least the active forum members. I really dislike the casual combat model in the game currently but its better than the competition. Last but not least how do you know NA2 will be an alpha game? They have NA1 to test and don't be expecting a major jump between NA1 and 2 because you will only be disappointed. My only advice to the devs if they go open world is to make the world alive. Quests, crew, sea life and a Kraken. I am still pissed there are no easter eggs in NA1. 

That is why I outlined smart ones;) you ALL can buy whatever you like and get farmed:)

Edited by Audacious

Though a map port reset would solve the zerg nation problem it would only be a temporary solution at best. Worse yet it actually exacts a penalty on all players even if they didn't propagate the zerg. Having to re-grind all the ports and higher level buildings would leave many player disappointed in a fix that punishes them for doing nothing wrong.

I might suggest actually fixing this problem in game rather than outside it. If the GMs simply implemented either a cap to the number of ports a nation may own it deters the RvR viability long term of a large zerg nation.  Another more interesting fix, however requiring more programming, would be to have NPC fleets begin attack a nation with a lot of ports owned. The more they own the more they get targeted by NPC fleets attacking their ports. This both creates content and makes owning large swaths of ports problematic. Not to mention it would open up neutral ports now and then deep inside what used to be safe money making terrain to the zerg nation.  Just some suggestions but I think fixing this in game without taking things away from all players indiscriminately would be more agreeable to the game population in general.

Edited by Bach

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

He said a map reset. However without tweaked and more balanced mechanics, the result will be the same

What is a map reset?  

A wipe is when I lose all my resources, reals, doubloons, .. my stuff.  My plan was to play casually and it should take till next April to build a comfortable set up.  By then I will be a Flag Capt and have a decent trading business.  A wipe would completely wreck all of my plans.

This thought of wiping out all of our assets is very troubling news.  Depressing.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

You could do map reset if this game was WOT or WOW, where you do not lose your vechiles and your progression and wealth. 

But this is NA, you invest in ships, buildings, upgrades and you can lose all. So it will not fit into naval action. 

I will definitly quit the game forever. I will be happy to get rid of this time sink in my life. 

Dear @adminI advice you to first sort out the current problems, the problems we want you to fix, do not create new features that are not urgent which may create other big problems. Please sort current problems first, when community is happy, proceed with new wonderful ideas. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparkydog said:

To be able to completely destroy individual nations would be a bad idea. I

That's a feature on the War Server.

4 hours ago, Macjimm said:

What is a map reset?  

A wipe is when I lose all my resources, reals, doubloons, .. my stuff.  My plan was to play casually and it should take till next April to build a comfortable set up.  By then I will be a Flag Capt and have a decent trading business.  A wipe would completely wreck all of my plans.

This thought of wiping out all of our assets is very troubling news.  Depressing.

You should not read posts by people who do not give clear and concise information 

There will be no wipes or resets. 

But there will probably be veteran levels that players will gain by restarting from zero (starting new life or naval dynasty). But they will have to make this decision themselves.

• Like 2