Game-Labs Forum

Winning with wipes

At the moment we're basically seeing one nation steadily move across the server and I see nothing that will change this state of affairs.

They should be rewarded for this in some way as they've done a good job of getting clans working together etc... It takes a lot of effort on their part and they deserve some recognition for this.

I suggest that we allow a nation to "win" and when they do it triggers a map wipe and a free forged paper. All players that started the wipe in the winning nation or who use the "conquered forged papers" get a "map win redeemable" reward for winning. Their most played ship as a redeemable, or a little badge next to their name that states they were a victor in a previous wipe, who knows. Could be a selection of rewards which they choose one of. When I say wipe I don't mean an XP wipe, just a building/money/crafting XP wipe, not XP that determines crew size. Then again, people might be willing to pick the side that isn't winning if there's a full wipe on the horizon :P

I propose that the restrictions on attacking certain ports (capitals etc) is removed and that it be made possible that the nations be completely destroyed. In order to prevent a mass exodus of players those in that nation should be given a choice of one of two types of forged paper, "conquered forged papers" and "rushed forged papers". This would be necessary so that "the wipe reward" is not given  to those who choose the easy route. You could create "rushed forged papers" (moving to other nation) and "conquered forged papers" (moving to conquering nation).

Conquered forged papers are given to those who decide to join the side of the nation that destroyed them. Additionally, they will continue automatically to have access to all port bonuses as part of the vanquished nation. If the player chooses the conquered forged papers then they will not be give "the wipe reward". Those that use the normal forged papers DLC to move to the number one nation on the Conquest Competition Leaderboard should not gain "the wipe reward". Those who join the conquering nation should be allowed to keep their flags but show up as part of the new nation. Russian player flying Spanish flag for instance. Those that decide to not join the conquering nation use the "rushed forged papers" that allows them to join any other nation except one that has been conquered. By moving to another nation they can still gain "the wipe reward" if there is a miraculous turnaround but they lose the ability to fly their former nation's flag.

In order to encourage those in the winning nation from splitting up, a free one off forged paper like in days of old and a prohibition that the same nation cannot again win "the wipe reward" consecutively.

I think it would be a nice way to bring closure, and bring more people back if there's another wipe of some kind. Devs can keep rolling out updates so after every wipe, something will be slightly different.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 7

forged papers is trash in the first place ..

and actually i do not want anything to do with it.., even in another concept.

i would rather go for a reduce on the impact of forged papers .

also it increases grind ,and i don't really like that either in such a massive way...

i would rather go for a building up increase method.... instead of a start over... for introducing this ..it will probably result in to early guiting of rvr and the entire game in the medium turn activity.

wipe out concepts are not the way to go 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

At the moment we're basically seeing one nation steadily move across the server and I see nothing that will change this state of affairs.

They should be rewarded for this in some way as they've done a good job of getting clans working together etc... It takes a lot of effort on their part and they deserve some recognition for this.

I suggest that we allow a nation to "win" and when they do it triggers a map wipe and a free forged paper. All players that started the wipe in the winning nation or who use the "conquered forged papers" get a "map win redeemable" reward for winning. Their most played ship as a redeemable, or a little badge next to their name that states they were a victor in a previous wipe, who knows. Could be a selection of rewards which they choose one of. When I say wipe I don't mean an XP wipe, just a building/money/crafting XP wipe, not XP that determines crew size. Then again, people might be willing to pick the side that isn't winning if there's a full wipe on the horizon :P

I propose that the restrictions on attacking certain ports (capitals etc) is removed and that it be made possible that the nations be completely destroyed. In order to prevent a mass exodus of players those in that nation should be given a choice of one of two types of forged paper, "conquered forged papers" and "rushed forged papers". This would be necessary so that "the wipe reward" is not given  to those who choose the easy route. You could create "rushed forged papers" (moving to other nation) and "conquered forged papers" (moving to conquering nation).

Conquered forged papers are given to those who decide to join the side of the nation that destroyed them. Additionally, they will continue automatically to have access to all port bonuses as part of the vanquished nation. If the player chooses the conquered forged papers then they will not be give "the wipe reward". Those that use the normal forged papers DLC to move to the number one nation on the Conquest Competition Leaderboard should not gain "the wipe reward". Those who join the conquering nation should be allowed to keep their flags but show up as part of the new nation. Russian player flying Spanish flag for instance. Those that decide to not join the conquering nation use the "rushed forged papers" that allows them to join any other nation except one that has been conquered. By moving to another nation they can still gain "the wipe reward" if there is a miraculous turnaround but they lose the ability to fly their former nation's flag.

In order to encourage those in the winning nation from splitting up, a free one off forged paper like in days of old and a prohibition that the same nation cannot again win "the wipe reward" consecutively.

I think it would be a nice way to bring closure, and bring more people back if there's another wipe of some kind. Devs can keep rolling out updates so after every wipe, something will be slightly different.

I don't think most players would put up with any kind of wipe ..we are fed up with wipes

• Like 8

This game was doomed and a lot of old testers saw it coming a long ago.

Simply put, the "hardcore" (alias the crapton of hours needed to make just everything) game mechanics (that were set up with the purpose of monetizing hard with DLCs) are not able to keep people engaged, because of the lack of variety of content. 

The creation of big zerg nations was the direct consequence of too much effort to be put in setting up port bonuses and the high cost of shipyards and other structures plus the choice of devs to wipe at launch.

After getting their fingers burned by the wipe at launch, a lot of players (mostly the not "only PVP" and the "no 24/7" players) did not want to risk loosing once more the results of their awful (re)grind process and then joined the zerg.

If you do not wipe, game will maybe survive as it is for some month. If you wipe again, game dies the day after.

Greg, live with it. It may be sad … but that's it.

Edited by toblerone
  • Like 1

Honestly why even bother with suggestions at this point?  4 months we’ve been waiting on changes that were needed on day 1 of release (if not sooner) and we’ve had little to know word on them.  Devs rushed an incomplete game doomed to fail so they could cash out and work on other projects.  It’s obvious.

As for your suggestion, the only way to make this game competitive is to trim back the nations considerably from 11 to 4 or 5 and hope the critical mass of population can fill battles and keep each other going.  

• Like 8

The idea of having seasons - e.g. a period of 6 months, - in which nations compete for domination of the map is interesting i think.

But a wipe at the end of them should be compensated in the following ways to avoid frustration and more people leaving the game:

1. All xp should be safe (rank, ship xp and crafting xp)!

2. Sufficient resources should be granted to each player as redeemables, to build up again every building possessed at the end of the former season.

3. Every player should recieve a forged paper to be able to switch nation.

4. Players of the winning nation should recieve a reward (e.g.  Victory Marks).

This way it might be possible to lower the need of a new grind an thus Frustration to an acceptable level. While the game would recieve a new impulse every now and than.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Severus Snape said:

As for your suggestion, the only way to make this game competitive is to trim back the nations considerably from 11 to 4 or 5 and hope the critical mass of population can fill battles and keep each other going.  

naval action
rqaqoU2.png

Game-Labs sold 1 mln copies of various games since start (full list at www.game-labs.net). The top ten list for NA is drastically different compared to other products - you know why? Because nations. Norway and denmark are in top 10 ONLY for NA. Sweden Poland are in top 15 ONLY for Naval Action. Other games have traditional distrubution - NA top sellers are countries we added to the game. 

GL Other game. 
image.png

No russian federation at all in the top 10. No denmark, No spain. no norway. 

Only an idiot businessman will reduce the number of nations as those nations bring players into the game. Please stop bringing this issue over and over again. It will never get done. Reduction of nations will never happen. We will never remove Swedish or Danish or Prussian flags from the game. 
+
Even if it was not about bringing players - we care about flags more than the money.
https://www.polygon.com/2015/6/25/8846695/apple-confederate-flag-civil-war

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

The idea of having seasons - e.g. a period of 6 months, - in which nations compete for domination of the map is interesting i think.

I love seasons - we are looking into way to bring it to NA.. NA2 will definitely have seasons. 

• Like 5

With seasons, then it would be nice if nations get a wider safe area that wont be affected by the periods (seasons) changes, already provided with crafting ports so smaller nation/with fewer players would always have a way to engage in battles and events.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, admin said:

naval action
rqaqoU2.png

Game-Labs sold 1 mln copies of various games since start (full list at www.game-labs.net). The top ten list for NA is drastically different compared to other products - you know why? Because nations. Norway and denmark are in top 10 ONLY for NA. Sweden Poland are in top 15 ONLY for Naval Action. Other games have traditional distrubution - NA top sellers are countries we added to the game. 

GL Other game. 
image.png

Only an idiot businessman will reduce the number of nations as those nations bring players into the game. Please stop bringing this issue over and over again. It will never get done. Reduction of nations will never happen. We will never remove Swedish or Danish or Prussian flags from the game. 
+
Even if it was not about bringing players - we care about flags more than the money.

Maybe you can add Portugal or Italy ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, admin said:

I love seasons - we are looking into way to bring it to NA.. NA2 will definitely have seasons. 

there are already plans for NA2, when first NA is not even finished ? (just asking, because if we speak about NA2 now, its release must be years away from now)

1 hour ago, admin said:

I don't think those who went through NA development (300 000 users+) will risk same fate with NA2. Smart ones will never invest in early access again and will wait for a finished product to buy. So, I hope you have funds to start NA2 project.

Edited by Audacious
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Audacious said:

I don't think those who went through NA development (300 000 users+) will risk same fate with NA2. Smart ones will never invest in early access again and will wait for a finished product to buy. So, I hope you have funds to start NA2 project.

You say that but we're still here on this forum, most will jump at the chance to get on board early and help shape it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

Do you think a smaller world is a good idea for NA2 or not the problem in the game? 

50 minutes ago, Audacious said:

There is no risk in 40 euros. If you are in a situation in life were 40 euros is a risk maybe its best not waste it on games in general. I have never bought an early access game in the hopes it would turn out good. I bought it when it was good. Sea trials was good and worth the price imo. We will all buy NA2 no matter what. At least the active forum members. I really dislike the casual combat model in the game currently but its better than the competition. Last but not least how do you know NA2 will be an alpha game? They have NA1 to test and don't be expecting a major jump between NA1 and 2 because you will only be disappointed. My only advice to the devs if they go open world is to make the world alive. Quests, crew, sea life and a Kraken. I am still pissed there are no easter eggs in NA1. 

• Like 1

No to any more wipes, hell no to xp or craft xp wipe. A total dumb feature, a meaningless, boring, ugly grind. I hated it for the second time, money grind a third time.

I feel like, in this forum, we are trying to communicate with aliens by broadcasting tape recordings for 100 bilion times. No alien is responding.

NA 2 ????

What can be different in NA 2, apart from being the next cash cow?

What is NA missing and why the missing things can not be delivered to NA?

I can not find any reasonable answers to these questions.

Good luck with your bussiness, may it bring you lots of money and joy...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, admin said:

naval action
rqaqoU2.png

GL Other game. 
image.png

+

i agree 

we can look at this subject also in a other way >> 

we actually need more nations:

it probably will reduce the "big" nations>>  to acceptable proportions as well.

we can start  to introduce with >> canada and china..japan  :) 

i would encourage this idea.

Edited by Thonys

10 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I suggest that we allow a nation to "win" and when they do it triggers a map wipe and a free forged paper.

Seasons in a hardcore, full loot mmo game that is requiring huge amount of time to even be competitive and where single player doesn't matter at all? How on earth would that bring/keep new/old playerbase?

5 hours ago, admin said:

Forced coalitions are a way to go.

Forced by who? Devs? You are going to have loads of usual complains about GL taking sides (Russian bias etc etc).

47 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

No to any more wipes, hell no to xp or craft xp wipe. A total dumb feature, a meaningless, boring, ugly grind. I hated it for the second time, money grind a third time.

I feel like, in this forum, we are trying to communicate with aliens by broadcasting tape recordings for 100 bilion times. No alien is responding.

NA 2 ????

What can be different in NA 2, apart from being the next cash cow?

What is NA missing and why the missing things can not be delivered to NA?

I can not find any reasonable answers to these questions.

Good luck with your bussiness, may it bring you lots of money and joy...

the reason people make and sell game is to make money so you shouldn't overreact.