Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hethwill

Task Force Admiral vol.1

Naval and Command&Control types of strategy/tactical wargames are on the rise, in computer or other media types like tabletop ( naval has always been a niche within a niche ). While many of us know that there will be no remake or new generation version of War in the Pacific (  Victory at Sea Pacific fell short in some levels albeit a good game ) this project ( shared through a wargaming group ) definitely caught my attention for those two major reasons:

- command and control tactical level

- ww2 pacific air naval

As far as I know is not competing directly with any other developer - pure hex wargaming won't count versus this one - and rekindles the fire of a sorely missed part of military history and related technology.

https://drydockdreams.games/about-the-game/

• Like 2

Microprose's "Task Force 1942" from 1992 on steroids? Played the hell out of it back then.

Edited by Archer11

Hello there boys,

Thank you Hethwill for your kindness. Although I have been monitoring this thread, I do not feel too much at ease with updating it myself, knowing I am stepping on the sacred ground of Game-Labs (well, "this is their land" 😅). I don't want to seem like I am intruding, and the reasons for that are obvious.

I can't understate the admiration I have for Darth and the team. Together with Killerfish, they inspired us with their continuous success and their charisma over the years, showing that players & modders could very well succeed in the industry while staying true to their roots and their choices, providing other players the experience they're looking for. Like them, as mere consumers initially, we embarked ourselves on a dev journey that will be long and complicated - and like they did with Ultimate General: Gettysburg back in the day, we are starting first with a smaller game, with a smaller scope in order to prove ourselves. And like them, I hope that someday we will be allowed to grow and bloom into a beautiful, successful studio while retaining our identity.

All together, the team at GL is a stalwart example that we players are not condemned to be at the mercy of larger corporations and are perfectly able, in this age, to develop for ourselves the games we love. I just hope that we will be worthy of their legacy - in the meantime, fingers crossed!

Everybody take care, and thanks again for the heads-up Hethwill 🙂

The DDG Team

49501668756_62a5bfebcb_o.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Amiral Crapaud said:

All together, the team at GL is a stalwart example that we players are not condemned to be at the mercy of larger corporations and are perfectly able, in this age, to develop for ourselves the games we love. I just hope that we will be worthy of their legacy - in the meantime, fingers crossed!

Everybody take care, and thanks again for the heads-up Hethwill 🙂

The DDG Team

49501668756_62a5bfebcb_o.gif

Let us know if you need a publisher or something or any help.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Let us know if you need a publisher or something or any help.

Very kind of you Gents 😉
We'll keep that in mind, for sure. In the meantime, keep up the great, exciting work!

Hello everybody :)

Allow me to mildly spam you Ladies & Gents - for our February devblog update is live!
If you're in need of a some new screens and game gibberish, please feel free to come have a look at them development nuggets :)

https://drydockdreams.games/2020/02/28/dancing-under-the-stars

Cheers and have a nice weekend everybody!

header-1.png

Edited by Amiral Crapaud