Game-Labs Forum

Make PVP zone in PVE work or introduce an "accept fight" button. DUEL SERVER?

10 minutes ago, Destraex said:

I'd much prefer to do it in the patrol zone open world style though it must be said. Don't really think it's good for the game to stay in port and never show your face.

Have you tried the PZs on War server? It's mostly ganks and counter-ganks, not at all conducive to the Peace mindset. Even if people "have to go there" it would ruffle feathers and make panties bunch up.

simple solution, on the PVP server bring back the duel option that was available a couple years back. Players enter a queue and are placed in a 1 v 1 battle when another player is available at random. The whole "we want pvp element added to the pve server" i think was what led to the loki rune being added and the disaster that followed. There should be NO pvp element on the pve server at all. Just convince the devs to bring back the duel and that way you can have your pvp without being ganked, chased, or being drawn into battle when you do not have the time to spend on it.

On 11/3/2019 at 4:08 AM, Raekur said:

simple solution, on the PVP server bring back the duel option that was available a couple years back. Players enter a queue and are placed in a 1 v 1 battle when another player is available at random. The whole "we want pvp element added to the pve server" i think was what led to the loki rune being added and the disaster that followed. There should be NO pvp element on the pve server at all. Just convince the devs to bring back the duel and that way you can have your pvp without being ganked, chased, or being drawn into battle when you do not have the time to spend on it.

Too much random, this pairing method of yours. Sometimes people want to duel a particular person and nobody else. They won't find him by a random duel room, but other guys they have nothing to clear with. :) And the place can't be chosen.

And a 'consensual duel' thing on PvE which is totally voluntary does not bother anyone else, so no hurt feelings there.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 2:06 PM, Papillon said:

I fail to understand why it's so hard to log off and then log back on in your war server character.  Much better option, I don't see why pvp has to merge into a peace server to save people a couple clicks.

Because all our resources are on the PVE server. Including the ships we would want to use.

20 minutes ago, Destraex said:

Because all our resources are on the PVE server. Including the ships we would want to use.

But logic dictates that if you want to pvp you would do this on a pvp enabled server.  You should start a new character there instead.  Many people play both servers.

• Like 1

Papillon I am a Vice Admiral on PVP and have done my share of PVP on the PVP server.

I no longer have the time to manage the whole PVP server and it's resources. I just want the odd PVP fight. When I want it I want the PVE time I have been spending to be able to be utilised.

Essentially I want the community and the worry free trade with a little consensual PVP on PVE for when I have the time.

You see on PVE there are a lot of ships that are plain useless because their is no need for speed, no need for anything really except Hull points. It would be nice to be able to need to use all types of ships either against aggressive AI missions or by taking them into some consensual PVP.

On the PVP server however. I can never log off when I want. I always end up playing for hours more than I have. Which starts affecting real life.

2 hours ago, Destraex said:

Papillon I am a Vice Admiral on PVP and have done my share of PVP on the PVP server.

I no longer have the time to manage the whole PVP server and it's resources. I just want the odd PVP fight. When I want it I want the PVE time I have been spending to be able to be utilised.

Essentially I want the community and the worry free trade with a little consensual PVP on PVE for when I have the time.

You see on PVE there are a lot of ships that are plain useless because their is no need for speed, no need for anything really except Hull points. It would be nice to be able to need to use all types of ships either against aggressive AI missions or by taking them into some consensual PVP.

On the PVP server however. I can never log off when I want. I always end up playing for hours more than I have. Which starts affecting real life.

Those are all great points, and I don't necessarily disagree.  For bringing it to the Peace server however, what would suffer IMO is the superior culture.  It won't change for the better, only the other way around.  That would be a shame, and is why I feel negative for the suggestion.

• Like 1

Are you pvp or pve promarily?

i do see your point about community. But believe that a greater number of players not playing at the moment because of pvp may have the chance to benefit from a long pve server which is a more friendly version of pvp. Hard core serial trader and seal clubbers would stay on pvp where they can do that I would say.

• Like 1

Toxic community: there is the "ignore " button. As to the suggestion: yes please.

The game simply lacks consensual pvp, on which server it should be placed is also plain logics, as on pvp server you cannot sail w/o being attacked at all.  PvP server would need 2 changes to make it work: a "leave me alone" flag and consensual pvp. PvE server would need only 1 change: the consensual pvp. So if at all consensual pvp, than it belongs on the pve server. Besides, there is old code for it.

Even if I would most likely not join consensual pvp myself, it would bring/keep players on PvE server and thats good for all of us.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Destraex said:

Are you pvp or pve promarily?

i do see your point about community. But believe that a greater number of players not playing at the moment because of pvp may have the chance to benefit from a long pve server which is a more friendly version of pvp. Hard core serial trader and seal clubbers would stay on pvp where they can do that I would say.

PVE primarily now.  I have played since early 2016, played on both.  Advanced characters fully on both servers, but enjoy PVE more as it is today.

1 hour ago, Jan van Santen said:

Toxic community: there is the "ignore " button. As to the suggestion: yes please...

Your words not mine.  I said the culture on PVE server is superior.  That's my opinion, you are welcome to have your own but don't misquote me and put words in my mouth.  Makes you part of the problem.

26 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Your words not mine.  I said the culture on PVE server is superior.  That's my opinion, you are welcome to have your own but don't misquote me and put words in my mouth.  Makes you part of the problem.

No argument there, i am pve only....My ignore button would be for those bringing toxic chat to PvE.

Edited by Jan van Santen

4 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

No argument there, i am pve only....My ignore button would be for those bringing toxic chat to PvE.

It happens periodically.  No one couldn predict what would happen if Destraex' suggestion was implemented but I would hate to see things go downhill.  Probably ok but the opposition to Loki was a good sign that many feel protective about the atmosphere on Peace.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 8:26 PM, Destraex said:

Because on the PVP server you are not going to ever stop the trader ganking, time chasing, time being ganked along the way etc.

On the PVE all I want is a gentlemans agreement to have the "option" to fight other players for fun when and where I want. That is never going to happen on pure PVP. 

Sounds like  delemma.   

1. Players on the PvP server will NEVER allow consensual PvP.
  2. Consensual PvP in the peace server may attract players who will change the atmosphere and culture.

Sounds like the only sensible solution is a third server.  

Save the Peace server.