Game-Labs Forum

from noob to greater noob the first 500 hours in this game

Dread2005

Hi All

Its a try to sort things out, and for me its a point where ill decide to keep playing or stop immediate because of you know (ill never get where i want to get anyway!)

First 5 Hours                               Try and Error, with some seeking a good Wiki or Guide which is almost uptodate

Another 20 Hours                      Do Tutorial and Hate the Exams, (after 30+ tries beat the Final Exam) 

Another 100 Hours                    Lern the dos and donts the very hard way

Some more 300 Hours              Do Trader Missions with half AFK by working or at home with family and and... (not really playing)

Important Notic to above         About 200 hours for nothing! (got sunk at traderuns)

Up to 75 Hours                           Doing Combat in some 5th and 4th rats to lvl up and have fun with some minor clanactions and friends, sunk in every single PVP match

In the last few Hours                  lern that there are Super OP Mega Upgrades/Portbonuses and and combos which make the other player almost invincible. do not know how i ever will get there.

Conclusion

Well 500 hours and i still feel i am not at the Middgame stage... and long long away of the endcontent... Do not know if i ever make it there as Causal, most time Solo player

But i had fun in this game, and its beautiful

I never will understand, why this game should and some player indeed want it to be a TIMEEATER 

Edited by Dread2005

IMO, periodic breaks are key to having fun in NA....   Burnout is real when you try hard to support the clan day in and day out.  

I'm currently on my yearly NA break and while I dont currently have the urge to play except for maybe a quick sail here and there), it usually will return in a few weeks and I'll start enjoying myself again.

We shall see...

• Like 1

If you're still excited keep going. If you're like me you've achieved whatever it was you wanted to achieve in NA.
For me, there's no content worth grinding out the hundreds of hours, I've had all the battles, I've seen the war and in the end no one wins.
When people get to the point where money is not an issue, and their ships outmatch the average by 20+ percent in all aspects, they continue to take joy from it.
That wasn't me,  hitting the top is boring. The rise was the fun part, but once you hit the top you may realize what's up there is unsustainable.

• Like 1

Hey Buddy, let me tell you this:

Dont ever let anyone tell you, that this and that feature of the enemy nation makes the enemy super invincible. The most important feature of a nation/clan is its morale or fighting spirit. Its the ability to keep up and learn from loses and mistakes. I personally learned a lot by being sunk pvp pros like rediii and can now compete with mediocore players.

Check out other clans and nations: The change can feel almost like you bought a new game. Expirienced and friendly PVP Teammates were the most important part to improve my own skill. Other trading teammates explained to me, how to find safe trading/delivery routes. Clan crafting management made getting a good ship super easy and crafting not bothering at all.

I think with the right environment you will not feel, that you wasted time but that it was fun to reach this or that level.

3,600 hours, maybe 20% afk sailing missions, still sink 80% of the time in PvP, enjoyed every minute of it, despite getting upset at ganks, and being upset with zergs, and being upset with crafting XP being changed, and being upset with Frontlines not being implemented as I feel it should be, and being upset with multiple other things. I've taken a couple weeks off from time to time, but I always come back, because there is nothing else like it. #Newbs4Life

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dread2005 said:

Hi

hi

is your forum face an eye or is it mouth with an eye inside of it?

there are Super OP Mega Upgrades/Portbonuses

the speed upgrades cost something just like the bigger ships do (and bigger ships also give a lot of power for that cost) so considering that they are valuable and
not so easy to be massively produced it's ok that they have some power

on the other hand they are completely unnecessary to play the game and it would be a lot better if noone cared about valuable upgrades and just played a less grindy and time consuming, fun game istead (the devs could have deleted all upgrades and left only woodtypes, but they prefer you to slave away a lot of time)

so yeah don't expect anything to be changed for good, just get used to the things which are acceptable and to the ones which are not

eventually one day you might see a change which affects the game negatively, that's just how it is, get used to that

Edited by Captain2Strong

36 minutes ago, Captain2Strong said:

hi

is your forum face an eye or is it mouth with an eye inside of it?

Well actually its my real Eye, my girlfriend toke the Photo under a Red Lamp! Its from 2003 i think 😜 since then i use it often as Avatar, because its mine and only i have it 😜 

Edited by Dread2005
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dread2005 said:

Well actually its my real Eye, my girlfriend toke the Photo under a Red Lamp! Its from 2003 i think 😜 since then i use it often as Avatar, because its mine and only i have it 😜 

Hi :)

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Dread2005 said:

In the last few Hours                  lern that there are Super OP Mega Upgrades/Portbonuses and and combos which make the other player almost invincible. do not know how i ever will get there.

@Dread2005, do you think that if there was a +1 -1 (even +2 -2) captain rank battle limit, that you might have a chance within this game, and keep playing?

Such a limit would stop (limit) vets with all the mega upgrades and port bonuses from having the advantage over new players and progressing players like yourself. This would set peers to play against each other, of similar level, thus given a fairer fight, a fairer experience and maybe a win or two. The downside is that you couldn’t play with higher levelled clan members but trade-off might be a growing playerbase.

@Jon Snow lets go and @Angus MacDuff nice! A Fanclub, lets make a Flag and Nation for me!

Cheers

@all

Thx for the Big feedback! I like it, i am not sure what or if any suggestions that was made by me or Comm would be healthy or not. But i do feel my self driven away because of one thing! Time time time and how to spend it! ;-7

see you soon in my first Victory!

• Like 1

@Dread2005 thank you for your openness.. after some  hundred hours  am in exactly the same situation as you are: still a noob and slowly realizing that putting more hours in the game won`t change anything, i will never reach "endgame" or will be one of the big guys in PvP.

But does it really matter if you are still feel excitement when logging in? Despe apparantly still finds enough after 5k hours despite being a noob and so do most of the others.

I will just embrace my shortcomings and carry on, dropping out of large scale RvR and just exclusively do the things I enjoy. And taking some breaks like Vernom and van der Clam suggested. Maybe the good things will come to you automatically then.

Just put the grind aside for a while. Or change nation for new motivation? I will try this in the next week or so.

Again: you are not alone ..a lot of people share your views ..they just don`t have the guts to express themselves. Just don`quit forever.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:19 PM, Sabine Borgia said:

@Dread2005 thank you for your openness.. after some  hundred hours  am in exactly the same situation as you are: still a noob and slowly realizing that putting more hours in the game won`t change anything, i will never reach "endgame" or will be one of the big guys in PvP.

But does it really matter if you are still feel excitement when logging in? Despe apparantly still finds enough after 5k hours despite being a noob and so do most of the others.

I will just embrace my shortcomings and carry on, dropping out of large scale RvR and just exclusively do the things I enjoy. And taking some breaks like Vernom and van der Clam suggested. Maybe the good things will come to you automatically then.

Just put the grind aside for a while. Or change nation for new motivation? I will try this in the next week or so.

Again: you are not alone ..a lot of people share your views ..they just don`t have the guts to express themselves. Just don`quit forever.

One thing that helped me get involved more in understanding pvp was going on national teamspeak and tagging along with some of the “big bois” and learning from them, bearing in mind i only went out in like fir/fir or sab/sab 5th rates(before port investments) you dont need uber mega ships to have fun or do stuff in pvp, ESPECIALLY if you do it in a group.

then again its your game choose to play what you enjoy, its what we are all here for 😄. I must say though you are definatly missing out if you never try pvp and maybe even RvR.

Edited by Knight Stalin