Game-Labs Forum

Weird bug this weekend, would like to understand

[MCC] Die Antwoord

Saturday (or might have been friday?) night I headed straight west out of Tolù with one of my ships. As I always do, I was scanning the horizon for enemy players. 2 minutes out or so, I spotted an NPC fleet (my nation) and then a few seconds later, I spotted a Russian enemy player. I was sailing a USS United States, looked through my spyglass and it looked like a 3 decker, so prob 2nd or 1st rate (I don't know my ships too well).

At this point the player had turned my way and was coming for me, so I started turning away. He was maybe 1/2 in range (visible horizon vs my pos) when my game froze/crashed. I alt-f4 and relogged very quick (can't have been much more than 30 seconds). When I came back, the player had vanished and the NPC fleet I had spotted was still there. I was still headed west, a tiny bit to the north (I was making a right turn).. but the player was gone.

I still turned around straight east to go back to port. Didn't have my sextant equipped, and soon realized I seem to have warped, because I was now NE of Tolù, very close to those little islands north of it.

So I seem to have been warped away NE during my disconnect... A good 2-3 min sail away from my disconnect position.

I asked to speak to the Russian player in Global to see what happened on his end but got no reply 

Obviously the first reaction of a few of my clan mates is that it was some kind of exploit/hax by the Russian player but I don't see how/why that would be, in the end I look like the guy who hacked himself out of a fight....

Unfortunately I did not think to immediately report it or save any screenshots.

Anyone ever experienced something like this? Anyone got an explanation?

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Captain, have you noticed huge ping spikes?

I've had logging issues (freeze on "Entering Port") and some random freezes/crashes in game (uncommon, but it happens a few times a week) but no lag that I can attribute to ping. Each time I look at my ping it's under 100ms, usually closer to 40.

I have a 10mbit internet connection and was the only one using it at that time, so inernet connection/lag should not be an issue.

I wish I had taken note of the time it happened. I did ask in Global right after it happened, I suppose you guys could time the event based on that. My message was something like "To the Russian near Tolù, wtf just happened?". Never got a reply.