Game-Labs Forum

infamous "nvidia display driver stopped responding and has recovered."

darthclide

well not the 1/22/2015 version, but if you are telling me the 12/23/2014 version is too old, then I will be happy to take the time and download the drivers.

I will reiterate that this issue only happened to me in Battlefield 3/4 back in the day, and I have never seen this crash in any other game since.

Temperatures = Never higher than 45 C because I am water cooled.
graphics card = gtx 580 3GB

You should send a "NavalActionCrashSender" report.

Thats an .exe wich you can find in your gamefolder in [...]\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Naval Action

Also you can include the "unity.log" in the "log" folder you find in the one I copied you above. (upload it here on the forums)

You will still have to wait for a dev to answer you. This looks like a specific problem wich may occure in very special circumstances.

That's impressive piece of hardware :)

Your bios is extremely outdated. It was never updated I guess.

most recent is 2014/06/18, (Description: Improve system stability.)

and yours is 2012/04/08

BUT

In your motherboard case, BIOS conversion is needed before updating, so if you are not sure how to do it - do not do it .

And of course - i can't guarantee that this will solve your problem.

Hmm, this is odd because I remember converting to the new bios awhile back. I was very hesitant to do this once, but to do it again? Hoping it might fix a problem? Hmmm, I don't really enjoy messing with bios. Especially considering I have a live stream to maintain.

I get this occasionally too.  Everything is up to date especially since I just built this computer a couple weeks ago.

-Asus Rampage V Extreme mobo - bios is up to date

-Intel 5820k Haswell-E 6-core CPU

-Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb 2666Mhz Ram

-Asus Strix GTX 970 GPU - all drivers up to date

-Win7 Pro - up to date

Is it just that the game is not fully optimized yet?

Probably already did some of these...but worth a try.

- Try/test different in game settings.

- Re install latest Nvidia drivers, but select custom install.  Make sure to check the fresh install option

- close all unnecessary background programs, especially virus scanners.

- You may want to consider a fresh Windows install

- You may want to try a older or borrow a different vid card to test

- You may want to consider updating bios as someone has suggested.  Just make sure you know what you are doing if you will try this.

Keep in mind, this is a alpha and there's a possibility the game has a issue with your setup for whatever reason.  Good luck.

Probably already did some of these...but worth a try.

- Try/test different in game settings.

- Re install latest Nvidia drivers, but select custom install.  Make sure to check the fresh install option

- close all unnecessary background programs, especially virus scanners.

- You may want to consider a fresh Windows install

- You may want to try a older or borrow a different vid card to test

- You may want to consider updating bios as someone has suggested.  Just make sure you know what you are doing if you will try this.

Keep in mind, this is a alpha and there's a possibility the game has a issue with your setup for whatever reason.  Good luck.

If this is for me, then yeah.  I've tried all those things.  I would have it happen on my GTX 570 before I built my new computer a couple weeks ago.  Windows is a fresh install and I always do a custom/fresh install of GPU drivers.

I gather it's just an alpha thing, but don't know if GL has any official word.  I know a few people who've had this happen.