Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Isy

Rank Penalty for Activation of Prolific Forger

The Prolific Forger DLC permits mobility when a nation is failscading. However, it seems to be TOO easy to swap nations; with some entities flipping back and forth monthly depending on who owns their favorite ports.

A potential consequence to curb this disloyalty would be applying a penalty of losing 3-4 ranks each time the DLC is activated. With Master & Commander being the lowest one's rank can descend.

I DO own this DLC, and I regard it as a valuable purchase and necessary for this game. It would be nice if players had to weigh the consequences of deserting nations.

What's your thoughts?

• Like 4

Would you still penalize them if the reason they left a nation was because it became to toxic to stay in? Your idea works fine for those that think of themselves more than the nation. But in cases where betrayal and backstabbing become the standard or where a clan leader believes that the clan is a dictatorship and not a democracy your idea actually punishes them and forces them to stay (or quit the game entirely).

• Like 1

Why not just ensure that every nation is competitive, even in defeat and thus remove one of the main reasons for running away?

I agree with Raekur, if a nation becomes toxic or is just uncooperative, or just plain out unfun to be in.. Then I can't fault any1 for wanting to change and honestly with the low(er) numbers we experience by the day - do we really believe that it's in the games best interest to penalise those that are seeking ways to keep having fun in the game?

Don't blame players for shitty mechanics.

Was it that easy to change identity, with all your belongings in that era? 

It is too easy in this game, no consequence! You at least should pay, some millions of reals, dubloons etc. for flawless nation transition, new identity etc. 

So people should think twice, @admin

6 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Was it that easy to change identity, with all your belongings in that era? 

It is too easy in this game, no consequence! You at least should pay, some millions of reals, dubloons etc. for flawless nation transition, new identity etc. 

So people should think twice, @admin

Because ressources, shipyards, forges, workshops and academy is cheap?

Costs of switching nation:

Shipyard: 4,25m reaks and 80k dubs

Forge: 1m? reals and 5k dubs

Workshop: 500k reals and 5k dubs?

Academy: 1m reals and 10k dubs

Price for switching nation: 6,75m reals, 100k dubs and having to spend hours upon hours of setting up OPs, towing ships to free towns etc.

IF a nation has reached the point where ppl actually don't won't to stick around, then don't force them to stay - ask why they leave.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lars Kjær said:

Price for switching nation: 6,75m reals, 100k dubs and having to spend hours upon hours of setting up OPs, towing ships to free towns etc.

IF a nation has reached the point where ppl actually don't won't to stick around, then don't force them to stay - ask why they leave.

I own the Forger.  I've never used it and never will.   I wish I had known that I could not keep my warehouses and buildings before I bought the DLC.  The effort and time to move all of my resources to free ports is much too high.  As a trader with a high volume of material, the current deterent is very significant.   I wish that I could keep my assets just as I do in ports that are captured.
I had hoped to use the Forger as some diplomatic papers to enable me to conduct business with a foreign nation, for a month.  It would have been sweet to spend the time to collect some resources and conduct international trade.  But the cost of destroying buildings and outposts and the time moving everything is prohibitive.

The added inconvenience of removing 3 ranks, once when I move to the nation, and again in a month when I move back, is extreme.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Raekur said:

Would you still penalize them if the reason they left a nation was because it became to toxic to stay in? Your idea works fine for those that think of themselves more than the nation. But in cases where betrayal and backstabbing become the standard or where a clan leader believes that the clan is a dictatorship and not a democracy your idea actually punishes them and forces them to stay (or quit the game entirely).

Come on, you know the most common reason for using the DLC is to run away from the fight. There's a reason VP and Russia are so packed. Their size gives the illusion of safety

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Admiral Isy said:

The Prolific Forger DLC permits mobility when a nation is failscading. However, it seems to be TOO easy to swap nations; with some entities flipping back and forth monthly depending on who owns their favorite ports.

A potential consequence to curb this disloyalty would be applying a penalty of losing 3-4 ranks each time the DLC is activated. With Master & Commander being the lowest one's rank can descend.

I DO own this DLC, and I regard it as a valuable purchase and necessary for this game. It would be nice if players had to weigh the consequences of deserting nations.

What's your thoughts?

The ability to nation-hop has always been a catalyst for toxic play.  This DLC simply monetizes it so devs have the ability to cash in on that particular player base.  Since development is now inclined heavily towards clan play instead of sticking to the nations as advertised, I doubt you will ever see any changes to this.  If this game were really nation-based, then I would agree with a penalty to flip nations on a whim.  Unfortunately you are talking about some other game, not this one.

May be there should a another dlc? 

So you teleport all your belongings, shipyard, forge etc. to your nation of choice. 

So we can stop the drama? 

or another dlc, makes all nations for example Russian, you can keep your shipyard! 

3 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

May be there should a another dlc? 

So you teleport all your belongings, shipyard, forge etc. to your nation of choice. 

So we can stop the drama? 

or another dlc, makes all nations for example Russian, you can keep your shipyard! 

Rather than bitch about ppl who don't want to play with you, then ask - why don't ppl want to play?

We all know the cowards that run to Russia or VP believing their belongings will be safer there, but that's a question of playability. @admin made a game that is basically unplayable if you're in the losing nation or a nation with a very low demographic, you can't blame players for poor mechanics.

EDIT: And rather than making switching nations even more of a chore than it already is, you should be asking for better mechanics or just rejoice that in a game with a declining population there are players that enjoy the game to the extent that they're willing to offer even more money just to keep playing rather than following the rest of the playerbase - out the door.

Edited by Lars Kjær