Game-Labs Forum

Intermittent issue, hanging on login

[MCC] Die Antwoord

Hello!

Been back to the game for 5 weeks now. Every now and then when I login, the game will hang on the "Entering Port" wait screen OR right after the dock is displayed. The game and sound hangs and nothing ever happens from there.

I can usually just restart and it'll be fine, but other times it can take 5-10 attempts or more. Last night I had the worse case of this ever and it took me about 30 tries to finally get it working.

Rebooted, updated gfx drivers, checked game files integrity through Steam, nothing helped.

Any idea what's going on??? I see the game sending crash reports when I start after such a crash, I assume you guys have some data to work with.

Note that my computer is an old wreck, it's been acting up a bit but I never have that kind of issue with other games/soft.

8 minutes ago, [MCC] Die Antwoord said:

Hello!

Been back to the game for 5 weeks now. Every now and then when I login, the game will hang on the "Entering Port" wait screen OR right after the dock is displayed. The game and sound hangs and nothing ever happens from there.

I can usually just restart and it'll be fine, but other times it can take 5-10 attempts or more. Last night I had the worse case of this ever and it took me about 30 tries to finally get it working.

Rebooted, updated gfx drivers, checked game files integrity through Steam, nothing helped.

Any idea what's going on??? I see the game sending crash reports when I start after such a crash, I assume you guys have some data to work with.

Note that my computer is an old wreck, it's been acting up a bit but I never have that kind of issue with other games/soft.

Captain, most likely the game is blocked by antivirus/firewall software, please send connection test report from Naval Action Launcher in Steam (third option - Report connection test)

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Captain, most likely the game is blocked by antivirus/firewall software, please send connection test report from Naval Action Launcher in Steam (third option - Report connection test)

Will do when I get home. That said only anti virus/firewall I got is the built in Windows 8 thing and it seems to me if that were the issue it would be constant, not just every couple days.

I can get to the server choice, then character choice, then enter game.. just hangs there... Next minute I try it it works... Or doesn't for several tries and then does.

Will review antivirus logs and add a free pass on NA in the firewall and see if it helps. Will also send report next time I get the issue.

Thanks.