Game-Labs Forum

Posted (edited)

First of all, please understand that I am Japanese, so my English is not very good and that makes it difficult for me to reply.

The game coalminer cites as an example is a game created by Koei in Japan.
It's called "Warship Gunner 2".

I basically think we should be able to design warships like this game, and we should be able to design our warships at will.
This is because when designing warships, setting too many requirements makes it difficult to design special ships like the Die Admiral Graf Spee.
For this reason, we think that the smokestacks and bridges of warships should be a little more liberal in their placement than they are now.

Also, unrelated to the above, but I think the image may be different from the introduction of the Queen Elizabeth class battleship that appears on the waiting screen.
Please check the description of the Queen Elizabeth class battleships and the image of the Revenge class battleships as I believe they are displayed.

Edited by Heinrich_Woldag
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Heinrich_Woldag said:

First of all, please understand that I am Japanese, so my English is not very good and that makes it difficult for me to reply.

The game coalminer cites as an example is a game created by Koei in Japan.
It's called "Warship Gunner 2".

I basically think we should be able to design warships like this game, and we should be able to design our warships at will.
This is because when designing warships, setting too many requirements makes it difficult to design special ships like the Die Admiral Graf Spee.
For this reason, we think that the smokestacks and bridges of warships should be a little more liberal in their placement than they are now.

Also, unrelated to the above, but I think the image may be different from the introduction of the Queen Elizabeth class battleship that appears on the waiting screen.
Please check the description of the Queen Elizabeth class battleships and the image of the Revenge class battleships as I believe they are displayed.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I agree with this fully. Having the ability to design whatever is still a key fundemental and core part of this game and reducing it unless you allow for the option/s to go down a more historical route while also presenting the ability to still have a fully fledged designer will hurt the game more thna it will help.

What this game needs is options for both historical and unhistorical for the campaign and the existing game modes so that peeps can simply design whatever they wish with no limitations or whatever limitations people put on themselves while playing.

Plus theres lots of ships i want too see added and hopefully the devs will be able to implement the modular style they were going for when they first advertised this game.

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply, Cptbarney.

I'm also looking forward to an improved version of Warship Gunner 2. I am.

Because Koei probably won't be making a sequel anymore.

Apart from that, there are two other things I'd like to see improved.
Firstly, the warships that are automatically generated in "Custom Battle" do not look like the ships of the country.

The bridge is always the same, even though it's a Japanese, American or Italian cruiser hazmat, and the ship is always provided with a bridge that doesn't resemble the design of the country's navy.

The Italians were building ships specifically for the Mediterranean region, and the Americans needed to build ships large enough to pass through the Panama Canal for operation in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.

Japan needed to build warships that could be used in the Sea of Japan, one of the roughest seas in the world.

In this way, each country's warships have a design concept that is the result of careful consideration of the needs of the country.

Therefore, it is uncomfortable for ships that do not match their design philosophy to fly the flag of their respective countries.

And secondly, I believe that the error in the position of the flag flying needs to be corrected.
During combat, the Japanese Navy does not fly the flag on the bow.

It may not be accurate to say that it is the rear ship's bridge that is raised.

I can't translate well, but it seems to be often raised aft of the stern and bridge.
I'm not an expert, so my information may not be correct.
But at least they're not flying the flag on the bow.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 9:52 PM, Heinrich_Woldag said:

Therefore, it is uncomfortable for ships that do not match their design philosophy to fly the flag of their respective countries.

And secondly, I believe that the error in the position of the flag flying needs to be corrected.

I can't translate well, but it seems to be often raised aft of the stern and bridge.

On this point, you are correct. At least from my experience on a modern frigate, bow jack and stern ensigns are taken off during sailing and only flown from the mast for practicality purposes. (wet bow wet flag, aft is the helicopter deck and it interferes with helicopter operations. instead the naval ensign (or battle ensign if going into battle) is flown from the main mast (or for some modern ships, the only mast they have). 

I would hazard a guess that for older vessels the battle ensigns are hoisted on the aft mast or atleast aft of the smokestacks to clear the smoke.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 2:52 PM, Heinrich_Woldag said:

Thanks for the reply, Cptbarney.

I'm also looking forward to an improved version of Warship Gunner 2. I am.

Because Koei probably won't be making a sequel anymore.

Apart from that, there are two other things I'd like to see improved.
Firstly, the warships that are automatically generated in "Custom Battle" do not look like the ships of the country.

The bridge is always the same, even though it's a Japanese, American or Italian cruiser hazmat, and the ship is always provided with a bridge that doesn't resemble the design of the country's navy.

The Italians were building ships specifically for the Mediterranean region, and the Americans needed to build ships large enough to pass through the Panama Canal for operation in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.

Japan needed to build warships that could be used in the Sea of Japan, one of the roughest seas in the world.

In this way, each country's warships have a design concept that is the result of careful consideration of the needs of the country.

Ye, i hope they do add more superstructure, bridge and turret models, plus even barbettes and casemates, and allow to swap out out different segments of those afforementioned sections of the ship to allow for truely creative designs.

We need moar hulls as well for each nation and era, for more creativity. I really hope most of the game is soft coded, den i can finally add muh models in!

• Like 2

On 6/21/2020 at 5:55 PM, Cptbarney said:

Ye, i hope they do add more superstructure, bridge and turret models, plus even barbettes and casemates, and allow to swap out out different segments of those afforementioned sections of the ship to allow for truely creative designs.

We need moar hulls as well for each nation and era, for more creativity. I really hope most of the game is soft coded, den i can finally add muh models in!

Is there any information on whether the devs are going to release some additional features and/or parts for the ship designer anytime soon?

22 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Is there any information on whether the devs are going to release some additional features and/or parts for the ship designer anytime soon?

There is this from ink.

We will update the community on the progress by posting the internal campaign patch notes at least once every month.

The only development focus after Steam keys’ delivery will be the campaign. We will, of course, occasionally switch to critical bugs or minor features, but campaign is and will be the only main priority

So, i don't know exactly if we we will get moar stuff for the designer but i hope we do, there isnt enough content atm to tie people over and that can and will cause a major problem during steam release and people dropping off and forgetting about the game entirely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

There is this from ink.

We will update the community on the progress by posting the internal campaign patch notes at least once every month.

The only development focus after Steam keys’ delivery will be the campaign. We will, of course, occasionally switch to critical bugs or minor features, but campaign is and will be the only main priority

So, i don't know exactly if we we will get moar stuff for the designer but i hope we do, there isnt enough content atm to tie people over and that can and will cause a major problem during steam release and people dropping off and forgetting about the game entirely.

That‘s exactly my fear. I think it’s a great start but I also think we need some improvements to the ship designer if we expect people to stay tuned for half a year. 

If we could at least get some improvements like splitting up modules into more granular parts, more freedom of placement and some additional hulls, towers and such. 

All I really play at the moment is custom battles and I would appreciate food for moar ships :–)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

That‘s exactly my fear. I think it’s a great start but I also think we need some improvements to the ship designer if we expect people to stay tuned for half a year. 

If we could at least get some improvements like splitting up modules into more granular parts, more freedom of placement and some additional hulls, towers and such. 

All I really play at the moment is custom battles and I would appreciate food for moar ships :–)

Same, if they could moar stuff to both things it should help even if the game is still missing some key features or existing features not being totally indepth. Frankly im more interested in the ship builder, custom battles, campaign and mods than anythign else really.

I also want to build california since weegee did her dirty in wurld of dankships, and i want to build yashima/shikashima too. But we need 20.1cm (510mm) guns for that too be a thing.

But yeah could defo do with more freedoms in modules and hull placement especially widening or thinning plus lengthing the hull (so you can go for those russian style hulls if you wanted too).

I havent even checked if the hotfix has arrived yet at all.

Wouldn't it be nice if the team spent the whole of July working on custom battles and then 10 days of internal testing up to the 10th of August.

Forget about the campaign until then, once/if/when the next update of custom battles was out, then the team could fall back into campaign mode without hassle. 

• Like 2