Game-Labs Forum
Nick Thomadis

>>>Combat Feedback<<<

2 hours ago, admiralsnackbar said:

1. Magazines:
a. Is it realistic for ships to use ammo from the magazine of one turret to supply another turret? 

1.a. Yes, ammunition could be transferred between magazines. This was sometimes done in battle, under duress. The process would probably be very slow and somewhat dangerous if the magazines were not immediately adjacent.

2 hours ago, admiralsnackbar said:

b. Is it realistic for ships with more guns per turret or torpedo tubes per launcher to have more total ammunition? My assumption would be that a triple gun turret would not necessarily have 1.5 times the ammunition that a double gun turret would have, because the turret size and magazine size isn't increasing proportionally. 

1.b. Typically a fixed minimum rounds-per-gun system was used. For example, 100 rounds per gun. A triple turret therefore required, and would have, a more voluminous magazine.

For torpedo tubes, it varied widely. After rebuilds, all the 10 and 8 gun Japanese heavy cruisers carried 24 torpedoes, even though some carried 16 torpedo tubes and the others 12. US destroyers usually carried 4 reload torpedoes, total, without regard to the number of tube launchers. Many other arrangements existed, especially for fixed or underwater launchers.

Edited by disc

3 hours ago, IronKaputt said:

You're against doing it manually or agains the whole idea of counterflooding?
Trading some additional flood points for angles, lowering the whole ship, so we'll have something like this

3db66328989f87e9a894e2b0b8a59b89.jpg

instead of shells flying through the roof? Or am I missing something?

That's what I meant of course, not "Your ship won't explode if you sink her in advance".

Against doing it manually. The idea should represented in the Float percentage (i.e. too much flooding on one side, can't counter flood enough to offset, your Float percentage drops and you sink). Your bulkhead number and anti-flood selections should determine the effectiveness of the counter flooding. The question is, how is the game simulating it right now. It seems to be very simplistic, but there could be more going on behind the scenes. The next issue comes down to damage modelling. We don't seem to have a detailed enough model yet for a more detailed counter flooding system. However I think restricting the guns firing could be done easy. That would make a lot of us happier. 

I couldn't see your 1st pic, but I know where you are going. I think it is doable we if we put some restrictions in on gun firing and list. 

Your 2nd part, wasn't sure if you understood the point. They are not modeling fire spreading to the magazine yet. So flooding the magazine isn't needed. Now once that is done, definitely. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, madham82 said:

I couldn't see your 1st pic, but I know where you are going. I think it is doable we if we put some restrictions in on gun firing and list. 

First pic is Seydlitz after-Jutland sub remodel. Appropriate example of "stabilized, bul low on flood points" situation I presume.

I hope we'll have gun elevation
mechanics - more difficult then just max range of corse, but very appealing (great for potential carriers add-on).