Game-Labs Forum

Additional verification?

Aetius

Going through the purchase process, I entered my information and then was redirected to another site (Xsolla?). This site said that a small amount had been charged to my card, and that I was supposed to confirm the amount by looking at my online bank statement or via a text message from my bank (??!!!).

I don't know what bank you're using, but few banks are fast enough to do realtime updates to your account. This leaves me in limbo, as I have no way to see what the small amount charged was. It may be 24 hours before that information appears in my account. I guess I wait, and hope that my session doesn't time out?

I suspect you're going to have a lot of confused people if you continue using this method to verify credit cards.

xsolla-additional-verification.png

Edited by Aetius

In my bank this information appears instantly.

This is not Game-Labs' method btw, but Xsolla's, the service they use to distribute their new alpha early access games. I didn't have to go through this process this time, since my card is now attached to my account, but back when I bought TLIML I also had to verify my card. It was done very quickly. 

With my bank at least (and most banks), sure it may take 24 hours if you have money coming into your account. But rest assured, if there's money going out they'll be right on that. Even if it's just a mere dollar.

8 hours ago, Anolytic said:

In my bank this information appears instantly.

This is not Game-Labs' method btw, but Xsolla's, the service they use to distribute their new alpha early access games. I didn't have to go through this process this time, since my card is now attached to my account, but back when I bought TLIML I also had to verify my card. It was done very quickly. 

With my bank at least (and most banks), sure it may take 24 hours if you have money coming into your account. But rest assured, if there's money going out they'll be right on that. Even if it's just a mere dollar.

Maybe I'm just unlucky then cuz I've been waiting for hours and it hasn't appeared

6 hours ago, Aetius said:

It's been 24 hours and there's no small charge on my card.

Same. I even redid it a few hours after I tried the first time and double-checked that my card info was correct the second time. I haven't even gotten the first small charge let alone the second one yet. 

EDIT: Ok so I had to talk to my bank to get the amount of the small verification charge and it still didn't work. So I talked to xsolla themselves and they said they removed the whole verification thing from my account but then my bank flagged it as fraud I guess. I tried my credit card and that finally worked after it took half an hour to pass some security check. So I got the game now but that was super frustrating.

Edited by Jatzi

Yeah so I just attempted to purchase the limited edition and was met with the same verification. I was hoping the charge would show up immediately, but alas it has not. 

Should I just keep the window open and occasionally check my bank account? Do I try again? How long is a reasonable time to wait before trying again?

1 hour ago, Onearmy said:

Yeah so I just attempted to purchase the limited edition and was met with the same verification. I was hoping the charge would show up immediately, but alas it has not. 

Should I just keep the window open and occasionally check my bank account? Do I try again? How long is a reasonable time to wait before trying again?

Just talk to your bank. I'm sure they already have the charge in their system. Mine did even though it didn't ever show up for me

I attempted to purchase again. This time I called my bank and checked. There were no small charges on my card either from Friday or from today. Xsolla's help says that i should try another payment method, which is useless.

So, I guess I'm not able to purchase the game.

Gentlemen, you are not alone on this issue. I try to purchase Age of Sail awhile back and had the same issue, plus the security trigger event error 1049, don't know if it is from Xsolla or the game site. I used my USAA card and another card, same thing, couldn't buy the game then and have not purchase it yet.

Yesterday, I attempted to purchase this game, first I tried with my USAA card, no luck, same issue. Then I tried my stateside bank (I live in Germany) and was able to get through the process until the amount verification screen. I check my back and there it was, I posted the transaction amount on the webpage, then I got a message that the transaction couldn't be verified at this time and a new window open to contact customer service.

I contacted them, and they reply back very quickly and told me to look at the transaction again and write down a 4 digit code at the end of the transaction and posted on a link they provided, but when I access my account, puff, the transaction was no longer there. They told me to try again today and this time when it comes to the credit card information, they told me to contact their customer service at that point so they can be online in case of issues.

I might try or not, don't know yet. It is very frustrating.

8 hours ago, Aetius said:

I attempted to purchase again. This time I called my bank and checked. There were no small charges on my card either from Friday or from today. Xsolla's help says that i should try another payment method, which is useless.

So, I guess I'm not able to purchase the game.

Have you contacted Live chat support at help.xsolla.com ?

It is official ... I can't purchase either one of the games until they hit early access in Steam. I just try the website again and contacted the Xsolla live chat as I was instructed and my transaction was denied by my bank, supposedly. Funny thing is that I can use the same card on Amazon or anywhere I travel, but can't purchase a game. It is a shame.

Does anyone knows when the games will be on Steam early access?

2 hours ago, i64man said:

It is official ... I can't purchase either one of the games until they hit early access in Steam. I just try the website again and contacted the Xsolla live chat as I was instructed and my transaction was denied by my bank, supposedly. Funny thing is that I can use the same card on Amazon or anywhere I travel, but can't purchase a game. It is a shame.

Does anyone knows when the games will be on Steam early access?

Apologies that this happened - we are now looking for ways to solve your problem with alternative solutions and payment systems. 

• Like 1

Hi

Im having the same issue with the verification, my banks never updates straight away. Its normally 24hrs plus for a transaction to appear on my account. Im keen to get the Limited edition of Dreadnoughts but unless theres a different way to verifiy payment im unable to :(

i have also experienced this problem i want the game very much yet after 3 tries my bank has not updated fast enough for me to be able to go through the verification process

almost all other games i have seen can be paid directly by card without having to go through additional steps 

a simple way to pay by card without having to go through the annoying (or for some impossible) verification process would greatly be appreciated

(i know you are working on it just putting this in here as well)

game looks great and im looking forewards to playing it

I too am trying to buy it. My first card with a bank would not show the small amount so i gave up after a day. Now trying it with another card from another bank. Fingers crossed.

I also tried with paypal but it said "payment cancelled" both times when i tried, and then paypal texted me and said have you withdrawn £41 to Xsolla, so I said no, as the payment had shown as cancelled....  so a bit of a fail so far....