Game-Labs Forum

Combat News small improvements

Sorry if it's been suggested before, but it would be really nice if:

1. We could see the name of both players when a kill occurs (right now we see the killer's name but only the nation of the victim)

2. In the same vein, it would be nice to see the nation of both players as well

3. Gravy on top: If the names could be clickable so we can see info, send messages, etc to either player it would be nice.

We very often see nation captains get sunk and they rarely report any info on nation chat. Would be nice to be able to PM them for info on their misadventure. Would also be nice to be able to taunt enemy players in our waters, negotiate 1 vs 1, etc.

I think these little changes would promote more PVP and not only that, more quality PVP.

If I understood the original intention correctly.

1. The intention of not showing the player name that got sunk was to stop any harassment upon the player. Personally, I would not prefer if the name of the player was shown that sunk.

2. I agree

3. again, I'd prefer if we keep it as only the killer - but otherwise I agree.

The playful taunting has become rather harmful very quickly in almost all the experiences I have dealt with or had the pleasure witnessing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [MCC] Die Antwoord said:

What kind of arse bothers a victim to laugh at their demise?

What if there was a Nation combat news that gives that info for nation kills? This way the enemies would not get the info, but nation members would be able to communicate with the victim?

Maybe I am just being pessimistic... But I know a good few players that would do it.