Game-Labs Forum

how to make PVP if i cant win a thing?

Dread2005

Question

well i have what more than 500 hours in this game, and still feel like a mega noob....

sure about 50% or more are gathering some credits whit trader missions, 66% i get nothing (sunk).

so lets say i have 250 hours... of play

i thought well lets get a LGV with my herc before i go to bed.... a enemy Snow joined... you know i brougth a AI "Ratlesnake" just to well see how AI's act end help me....

The Player AI is broken? after some volleys they stay way behinde and out of range! why? if i fight NPC,s i often got sunk... (must be me as bad player) but my friendly AI is the better Loser then me...

Sure my Hercules is a DLC, i had luck it was a "Very Fast" Gold Herc.... wow i said, shit its DLC i dont want to risk it (but then DLC is somehow over anyway... but well how long for the next Gold Herc...)

But this very cool "Snow" just punished my Ass... there was not a thing i could do... i tried some tactics, last i opend his Stern and hoped for leaks (sailing against winds)! next time ill have carronades in my back and do that from begging maybe it helps me win or get away...

But hell i lost so badly, i may quiet this game just because i feel i am the worst player... i think the Battle lasted more then 45 mins... so i fought for my ship hardly! He Boarded me, but i think he could not Keep my DLC ship anway or?

from now on and ever ill fear "Snows"... and Niagaras and of curse Mercurys... Whats the point of getting bigger ships?!

Saw a Trinc taken out a Vic just shooting down the Ass....

Is it me or the better Imba upgraded enemy Player? 

Edited by Dread2005

10 answers to this question

If 1-(minimum(yourBR, enemyBR) / maximum(yourBR, enemyBR)) <= 0.13
   then
      battle close after 2 minutes
   else
      battle close after 20 minutes

So easy rules for attack War NPC

1. Attack the NPC as far as possible.
  2. Sail away from NPC
  3. When time runs out (according formula), start fighting with NPC

If somebody enter to your battle against you then you will be too far and can exit.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

Thank you for sharing your experience. Do not quit the game! My additional suggetion to the ones of Lars is to stick with the smaller boats for a long time until you have their knowledge slots open and you sail them effeciently almost blind. Value the small ships!! In my experience newer players lose their frigates all too often because they don´t handle them very well. It is no easy thing to counter a skilled captain in a Snow! :)

1. If you have an AI that is defending you its up to you to stay close to it. AI is Bad in sailing upwind, so dont let you pull upwind ...

2. A Player that jumps your battle is almost ever a expierienced Player who knows what he is doing. If you are new to PvP and want to fight in your level its better to hunt yourself 

3. As Said before: a snow in the right hands is a very hard enemy

@Dread2005 It seems like a player in a Snow joined?

First off. The players ai are useless, they will always sail downwind and get into strange positions, also they dont repair their ships so its REALLY easy to  disable them (rigging etc).

My best advice is to reflect on the battle, try to understand which decisions were fatal for the battle and what your opponent did to trick you.

Also capture alot of ai ships and dont be afraid to lose it

Edited by Guest

ty for your answers, ill not quiet just unhappy and surprised how lost i was against this foe

@Lars Kjaer  i know how to manual sail, and i use it wisely but the other ship just performed in everything better

@rediii i do lose Cerberus vs Cerberus and well Snow vs Mercury against AI yes but i won Essex vs Trincomalee and Agamemnon vs 3rd against AI, so it depends a bit... i tend to lose battles in smaller ships against smaller ships...

@Wyy well sure first thing, if one attacks me he will win the Fight... i did trust in my Herc with 14:45 speed, to run if i need to, but enemy was faster...

its just well a bit strange, that smaller ships win against bigger in my head

You can thx the ROE, i imagine your herc+your fleet made the ai side open for 20mn, so it's a gift for vets pvpers that master the broken snow incredible turn rate & sail profile (how weird for a ship that sunk from a storm on a lake) but it was a snow, that could have been a surprise a even a larger ship, you nearly had luck.

Anyways, resisting for 45mn is not bad, some vets are really effective with a Snow, so clearly not a shame, keep it on, analyse what you could have done better. And next time analyse the situation before attacking an ia (is there enemy players 2mn from the fight? Will my side br will be even or smaller than the ai one ?)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dread2005 said:

ty for your answers, ill not quiet just unhappy and surprised how lost i was against this foe

@Wyy well sure first thing, if one attacks me he will win the Fight... i did trust in my Herc with 14:45 speed, to run if i need to, but enemy was faster...

its just well a bit strange, that smaller ships win against bigger in my head

you might have sailed away at his best point of sail compared to yours, also the snow is a though ship to beat in general if that person know how to play

13 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Easy rules for attack War NPC

1. Attack the NPC as far as possible
  2. If your BR <= Enemy BR*1.13 then sail away from AI withing 2 minutes
  3. If your BR > Enemy BR*1.13 then sail away from AI withing 20 minutes or exit in 2 minutes.
  4. When time runs out (point 2 and 3), start fighting with NPC

If somebody enter to your battle against you then you will be too far and can exit.

he obviously know how the roe works, he just wants to learn how to pvp, and get better at the game :)

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Dread2005 said:

well i have what more than 500 hours in this game, and still feel like a mega noob....

sure about 50% or more are gathering some credits whit trader missions, 66% i get nothing (sunk).

so lets say i have 250 hours... of play

i thought well lets get a LGV with my herc before i go to bed.... a enemy Snow joined... you know i brougth a AI "Ratlesnake" just to well see how AI's act end help me....

The Player AI is broken? after some volleys they stay way behinde and out of range! why? if i fight NPC,s i often got sunk... (must be me as bad player) but my friendly AI is the better Loser then me...

Sure my Hercules is a DLC, i had luck it was a "Very Fast" Gold Herc.... wow i said, shit its DLC i dont want to risk it (but then DLC is somehow over anyway... but well how long for the next Gold Herc...)

But this very cool "Snow" just punished my Ass... there was not a thing i could do... i tried some tactics, last i opend his Stern and hoped for leaks (sailing against winds)! next time ill have carronades in my back and do that from begging maybe it helps me win or get away...

But hell i lost so badly, i may quiet this game just because i feel i am the worst player... i think the Battle lasted more then 45 mins... so i fought for my ship hardly! He Boarded me, but i think he could not Keep my DLC ship anway or?

from now on and ever ill fear "Snows"... and Niagaras and of curse Mercurys... Whats the point of getting bigger ships?!

Saw a Trinc taken out a Vic just shooting down the Ass....

Is it me or the better Imba upgraded enemy Player? 

Don't leave the game a snow in the hands of a good Captain is hard to beat . I have many hrs on the game and I am not that good a player but I try to have fun . Clans will help you but just keep playing .. We all started at the bottom rung 

The Snow is a very agile ship with guns all around it (most smaller ships have only bow or stern guns, not both) so in the hands of a capable player it's an unforgiving little bugger. Even AI snows can be a PITA depending on what ship you're sailing.

Practice builds experience and experience is king, just keep at it! You could also find a friend in another nation to practice PVP without sinking each other.  You can learn a lot fast doing that, especially against a skilled player that can give you guidance on where you can improve and what errors you are doing.