Game-Labs Forum

Andrei

Hi Devs and fellow captains,

Earlier today I had my hands leaning over my keyboard in the number pad area. I'm not entirely sure what I pressed but all attempts to replicate the visual effect did not work.

Please see the attached screenshot of my game: (Please note, this isn't so much a bug as it is more of a novelty feature, but I'm having trouble getting it to work again).

20190921152810_1.thumb.jpg.afdfd2cfed1d2be458e1618961fbe971.jpg

Notice the black lines above and below the screen? These were somehow toggled and it made the ship's details a little blurry as if the screen had FOV and added a lot more glow to my sails.
(Note: I was playing in windowed mode, but even then - this has never happened before)

This is what my game looks like normally: (no black lines or added cinematic effects)20190913235507_1.thumb.jpg.4c8929f736b7e0d2648c302b13d9597e.jpg

I have tried pressing all of the key commands listed in the options section to no avail. I assumed it was a HD shot (F9) but that didn't work either.

The effect lasted in OW and in battles right up until I exited the game, but did not stay after I restarted it (after the server maintenance). 
It was not an affect of my screen capture technology (as I just use steam) and was not visible on my desktop screen either which rules out the monitor.

**Devs: Is this a new 'cinematic' feature you intend to implement? If so it looks great.

I'll leave you with the final product of me switching off the HUD:20190921154417_1.thumb.jpg.66a7d8ae8e06344307078d72f903e4ad.jpg

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas as to what it is? 

Regards,

Andrei

Edited by Andrei

• 8 months later...