Game-Labs Forum

Getting BSOD.

Dave Hadley

So hello everybody. 2 weeks ago I upgraded my whole computer.

My current set up is an i7 - 9700k, z390 MSI Gaming pro carbon and I kept using the RTX 2060 I bought on February.

For some reason I'm getting Blue Screens while playing Naval Action. After I spent more money getting my pc checked by a professional who ran some test on the PC and told me there was nothing wrong hardware wise, today I took it back home. So I installed steam and went straight to play Naval Action. After a while playing, I started a PVE combat and after 10 mins of fight my PC shut down. This time my screen went grey, the pc restarted itself and since I was in a combat I hurried to log in NA again to save the ship. As soon as I started the game I got the BSOD: whea_uncorrectable_error.

This has been happening to me for 2 weeks already and I don't know what to do, I've checked every hardware, reinstalled Windows several times but it keeps coming again. Everything is updated and today I tested playing other games, The Division 2 and some League of Legends. So far the PC hasn't crashed.

Hope you guys know something about this! or where to start looking for!

Thank you

Edited by Dave Hadley
Some mistake

Probably you want to post full info about our PC: OS version, steam version, full PC configuration (especially RAM confgiuration).
Motherboard drivers version may help too. 
Is that BSOD screen has any error codes/messages?
I'd recoment to start googling "hardware name BSOD", for example "z390 MSI Gaming pro carbon BSOD", "intel i7-9700k bsod"
The issue may be in installed drivers/software, may be also in hardware. There are tons of reason of that, I hope you will keep digging and will find out the reason of it. 

And there are some threads already started 

Edited by Red Tail

14 minutes ago, rediii said:

You mean RTX2060?

Had the same issue. Changing back to my 1070 solved it for me after the vendor gave me another RTX2060 that had the same errors.

Same issue happened to me playing pubg.

That card is shit from the experiences I made.

Sorry yea, it's a RTX 2060.

But this is weird as hell because I've been using that GPU since February and I had never had any problem with it and Naval Action. That GPU is the only thing I kept from my previous PC.

Did you have the exact same problem? BSOD and whea_uncorrectable_error?

Thanks!

Nvidia drivers are sometimes a pain in the ass.  If you haven't already I would install  DDU   https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html   and delete the display drivers completely using the tool, restart and then install a fresh download of drivers from the nvidia site.  You may need to do this once or twice.  

@William Death in the clan was having issues with a 2060 I believe and the above method worked for him.  

Another thought would be to upgrade your bios.  Might be a firmware issue with the PCI lanes.  

On 9/21/2019 at 1:36 PM, RKY said:

latest driver on gpu and pcie set on gen3?

Yeah, everything seems to be correct.

On 9/21/2019 at 3:23 PM, Severus Snape said:

Nvidia drivers are sometimes a pain in the ass.  If you haven't already I would install  DDU   https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html   and delete the display drivers completely using the tool, restart and then install a fresh download of drivers from the nvidia site.  You may need to do this once or twice.  

@William Death in the clan was having issues with a 2060 I believe and the above method worked for him.  

Another thought would be to upgrade your bios.  Might be a firmware issue with the PCI lanes.  

Will try both and see what happens.

Thank you very much for the answers guys!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ink said:

@Dave Hadley

Also could you please, while playing NA, check the GPU temperature (when its about to bsod) with a program like GPU-z?

Sure I'll try as soon as I can

12 hours ago, [MCC] Die Antwoord said:

Had this issue for a few weeks, updated my gfx drivers last night and I've been good since. Bit early to break open the bottle of champagne, but worth a try.

I will try to remove all my GPU drivers but I've always been in the latest version. Right now 436.30

• Like 1

Update: Today I went back to the guy who checked and ran all the test on my computer.

The BSOD was killing me today, whenever I started Naval Action I'd get blue screened even before I could select server. It was almost mathematic = I start NA and I get BSODed in the server selection screen.

So I went back to the shop where they checked the PC and they could see the BSOD themselves. They decided to check the OC settings in my motherboard and disabled the "Intel Turbo Boost". Right now I've been already 10 minutes into the game and no BSOD at all.

I'll keep checking.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dave Hadley said:

Update: Today I went back to the guy who checked and ran all the test on my computer.

The BSOD was killing me today, whenever I started Naval Action I'd get blue screened even before I could select server. It was almost mathematic = I start NA and I get BSODed in the server selection screen.

So I went back to the shop where they checked the PC and they could see the BSOD themselves. They decided to check the OC settings in my motherboard and disabled the "Intel Turbo Boost". Right now I've been already 10 minutes into the game and no BSOD at all.

I'll keep checking.

Nice to hear the problem is solved! If the problem re-appear please let us know.

• Like 1