Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Koveras

Crafting

Suggestion:

Remove permits for anyting smaller than a 4th rate from the game, make the ships expensive by combat medals, dubs etc..

Personally I'd prefer allowing players to sail whatever they want and just balance the ships and economy better.. Make it wickedly expensive to own, maintain and craft a 1st rate fx. and make them less of a requirement in port battles.

14 hours ago, Koveras said:

Suggestion:

Remove permits for anyting smaller than a 4th rate from the game, make the ships expensive by combat medals, dubs etc..

Personally I'd prefer allowing players to sail whatever they want and just balance the ships and economy better.. Make it wickedly expensive to own, maintain and craft a 1st rate fx. and make them less of a requirement in port battles.

well we can not remove the whole game you know

if you  have a topic about crafting 

we need a better trading update combined with crafting.

not removing stuff .

Well the dev's idea of requiring permits for the "top of rank" ships did not pan out anywhere close to where they intended it seems. Instead of fast moving endymion's we now have 14+ knot Wasa's instead with near nothing to counter them with. So we should add the "extra permits" idea to the "Ehhh, not quite" idea category.

Making 1st rates more expensive will only cause a larger gap in the power base. For example, Russia is pulling in over 70 million a DAY from one port alone. Do you think increasing the cost of building a 1st rate will hinder them as much as it does the spanish or the US? The main thing that pretty much screwed everyone who didnt start out with the top ports is financial income to aid in development. With one nation taking 80% of the high end ports from the start it started the gap that has continued to increase to what we have now. That is the byproduct of the front line system that was implemented without spending the time to examine the pro's and con's of said system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raekur said:

The main thing that pretty much screwed everyone who didnt start out with the top ports is financial income to aid in development. With one nation taking 80% of the high end ports from the start it started the gap that has continued to increase to what we have now. That is the byproduct of the front line system that was implemented without spending the time to examine the pro's and con's of said system.

I've taken the liberty to remove the first part of your post, since I basically agree with you and only want to comment on the final part.

The problem with econ is the lack of moneysinks in the game combined with alts, "no-lifers" and ofc the sheer unbalanced game we play. Worthless mods, compared to great mods, worthless ships (who here honestly sail the Renommee or rattlesnake? And ofc that's the permit ships).. The lack of sinks combined with tradings lack of risk and pure profits, creates inflation that creates a situation where casual gamers with only an hour to three a day to grind just can't get the necessary ships and mods to be competitive.

As for the frontline system, I think we can all agree that was a failed feature that shouldn't have been implemented.. 

Well if you recall the Renommee used to be used quite a bit for intercepting and raiding until the captain could upgrade to the Endymion. I think this was the driving cause for it's inclusion into the list of "permit" ships. What the devs failed to consider was that the players would simply avoid the lesser permit ships and move on to other ships that could be modified to fill the same role. This has led us to the same situation we were in prior to the introduction of the expanded list of permit ships. While the concept may have sounded good, it failed to actually play out as the devs thought it would. Players will not go after a ship that is near impossible to maintain or replace if they have to spend days trying to get a permit. It simply is not worth the time when another ship will fill the role that requires only a fraction of the time invested. I think the biggest issue was that when the idea of the additional permits was discussed the part that was lacking in the discussion was that the price for everything was going to be increased to near unsustainable levels for the casual and small clan players. Now it is only the largest clans/nations that can afford the losses from combat that may occur during the pursuit of these permits as well as combat with other nations. There have been several posts regarding the front line system, mission chests that are granting rewards for going after trader brigs and the removal of the reinforcement zone that used to protect new players. These last items I believe are the driving cause for why the population of the server has now returned to the dismal levels it was prior to the wipe and inclusion of the frontline system.