Game-Labs Forum

Fleet QOL improvements

Two simple improvements to fleet mechanics in port.   When I assign a ship to fleet...  if I have available crew.. . put the crew on the boat.   

When I try to teleport with a ship in fleet, send the ship to the docks automatically.  I promise, none of us think we can catch a flight to Tumbado with a pirate frigate in our check luggage.   Just park the boats and teleport us without requiring 30 more seconds of switching to the fleet, sending ships to docks, waiting for the ui to refresh, switching back to outposts and teleporting again.   

Neither are big deals... but neither should be a big deal to fix either!  There's no situation where a person would want to do anything else, so just make them automatic.

• Like 7

Ah yes so annoying..also when a ship is my main,please let me be able to tow it..instead of right click-fleet-right click docks--"are you hurrrdurrrr sure you waant it to sent to hurdurrrr docks YES OFCOURSE IM SURE- click ok- right click tow-click ok...

• Like 1

You would be surprised how many people would be confused by this. 

Where did my fleet go?

How come my crew got too low?

Believe me I know people that would contact the devs and demand their missing crew back

I find it annoying as well but at least I know what is going on. Best I would see as a solution is making it an in game options tick box: “auto fill crews” tick

”auto unfleet ships when towing” tick

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Destraex said:

You would be surprised how many people would be confused by this

Really?  Perhaps.  Options are great.

When I leave port with a few missing crew on my ships, I don't get messages that I do not have full crews.  When I sail with only stern chasers I don't get massages that I am missing some cannons.  Haven't seen complaints about this.

The game should be smart enough to autocrew and autodock fleet ships.  It autocrews main ships.  Teleported Players will figure out that their fleet ships have been docked, just like their main ship was.

But options are nice.  

• 1 month later...

How do you get fleet ships to sail???  I have many of them, here and there, but they never sail.  Also, where is the teleport button I read about?

I also have the Fleet +1 perk but have no idea how to use it. I was told I must use it to increase fleet size, but how?

1 hour ago, r6751 said:

How do you get fleet ships to sail???  I have many of them, here and there, but they never sail.  Also, where is the teleport button I read about?

I also have the Fleet +1 perk but have no idea how to use it. I was told I must use it to increase fleet size, but how?

In a port where you have 2 or more ships, right click on the ship you want to send to fleet and select “Send to fleet”. In the same way set another ship to main. Before sailing click on the anchor(?) icon and add crew to each ship. By default you can add one fleet ship with your main. With the fleet perk + 1 that you have, you can have two fleet ships.

Be advised:

You can not have more ships than you can crew so if you are lower rank you will be limited on ship size and number of your fleet.

Basic cutter can not be a fleet ship.

Fleet ships fight using their actual wood build, cannon load, and permanent mods. They do not use knowledge slots you may have opened.