Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BallsOfSteel

Maintenance Change

Maintenance Change  

31 members have voted

  1. 1. Maintenance Ruins prime time for Australasia. Why not move it?

    • Move Maintenance right by two hours
    • Leave it


Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, BallsOfSteel said:

20 percent of players

Will always be 20% no matter what.

High tide is during Central European Time, with US East-West and OCE slice share being roughly the same. @qw569 do you have the historiograph for the last week ? Thanks a ton mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hethwill Data for two weeks is very difficult to fit into the image size.

One week.

Each column show maximum for 2 hours.

image.png.4844ff2ebd134111d4b9aed9831006a1.png

 

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So according to the data above, moving it +2 hours would affect more players

Whereas moving it -2 hours would affect less

Simples

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

It would make Maintenance to start 1 am West Coast.

Which is totally fine. I live on the west coast and I remember reset used to be midnight in the old days, which I never had an issue with personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

make a 12h change because Im from eu

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

It would make Maintenance to start 1 am West Coast.

which honestly....

should be totally fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by the graph, seems maintenance should be around midnight and 2 AM US Est...

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make it eu night time..then it will affect least people..

Also in this time and age its ridiculous to have maintenance everyday..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Despe said:

why not put 23 hour maintenace and 1 hour online server?

do not be surprised if that happens one day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, qw569 said:

@Hethwill Data for two weeks is very difficult to fit into the image size.

One week.

Each column show maximum for 2 hours.

image.png.4844ff2ebd134111d4b9aed9831006a1.png

 

Could you please release the updated August or Current Faction % numbers of active players?

Можно посмотреть новый график количества активных играков во всех нациях? 

 

Edited by Tenet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Will always be 20% no matter what.

High tide is during Central European Time, with US East-West and OCE slice share being roughly the same. @qw569 do you have the historiograph for the last week ? Thanks a ton mate.

20% seems a bit high of the number of players effective but still it's in the prime time of most SEA/AU players.  Not only do they have to live with crappy ping but an hour down time during there prime time.

Oh and why does it still take an hour (more like 45 mins)?   They should be doing a quick back up and game back online in less than 15 mins like most over games, saving the hour long for hot patch and the 2 hour down time for major patches/changes.

5 hours ago, Liq said:

So according to the data above, moving it +2 hours would affect more players

Whereas moving it -2 hours would affect less

Simples

For me it's at 5am CST which is right when I'm about to leave for work.  In the past other games have had there's around 1-2 my time which was a goo hint of it's time to go to bed.  2 hours back would put it around 3am and when I think the server numbers are at the lowest at that time.                          

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably more about when the devs want to do it during their working day in Kiev.  I doubt that there is a lot of movement possible on their part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One wonders how games like EvE manage with only a few minutes of downtime a day? 🙈🙉🙊

It seems to me that the entire concept of resets, RvR blackout periods, etc. are unnecessary as long as you've designed your game systems and infrastructure correctly.  Battle instances shouldn't have to close upon server maintenance for the database, etc.  Database operations can be done with rolling locks such that backups and optimization don't require full shutdown to accomplish it.  Game patching should only take minutes to swap over to an already configured and running instance of the patched server and reconnect clients, instead of an hour of downtime, etc. etc. etc.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully support backing it up 2 hours, the population graph shows that is the best time for the customers, because the fewest would be affected when server population is lowest.  Currently you get a spike that starts and crashes due to shutdown.  Its like starting a day by taking a shower, eating your breakfast and going back to sleep for two hours, then going to work.  Not logical.  That makes it 0900 Kiev time, which should be fine for any working business office.  Who knows, we might see some people come back to the game, like the best English speaking FREE advertising this game EVER saw. I miss Jeheil

Edited by Atreides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Atreides said:

Its like starting a day by taking a shower, eating your breakfast and going back to sleep for two hours, then going to work.

Makes me laugh, that is what my day looks when i got late-shift. Get to Sleep around 1-2am, must get up because of the kids around 6am look that they leaf the House for shool, until 8am all will left the house then i go to sleep for around 2-3 hours befor i go to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Atreides said:

I fully support backing it up 2 hours, the population graph shows that is the best time for the customers, because the fewest would be affected when server population is lowest.  Currently you get a spike that starts and crashes due to shutdown.  Its like starting a day by taking a shower, eating your breakfast and going back to sleep for two hours, then going to work.  Not logical.  That makes it 0900 Kiev time, which should be fine for any working business office.  Who knows, we might see some people come back to the game, like the best English speaking FREE advertising this game EVER saw. I miss Jeheil

LOL and put the RvR lockout squarely in the prime time of west coast US players? I don’t think pissing off a good chunk of the players you have in a niche game, who have the most buying power incidentally, is a recipe for longevity. 

Until the system infrastructure of the game is improved then it should stay where it is. Besides, most of those 60 extra “players” that are up early are just Lenin and his alts doing some fishing or trade runs... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...