Game-Labs Forum

[Suggestion] Clan Warehouse Withdrawal Request System

Allow Clan members to submit withdrawal requests for items from the Clan Warehouse.  The items would then be temporarily reserved for that member until an officer (or above) reviews the requests and approves or denies them.  If needed, you could limit the number of allowed requests per member until reviewed, and they could have an expiration also, or even be automatically approved if not manually approved or denied after a set period of time.

This would allow members to withdraw items they need from the Clan Warehouse without needing an officer present to hand them to them or having to micromanage members' ranks, giving them higher privileges, just to allow them to get what they need.  It would also reduce the risk of being cleaned out by a spy or disgruntled member.

I don't see how this would negatively impact the game in any way.  It is simply a quality of life improvement.

• Like 10

Couple issues, the bare minimum number of requests per day would have to be higher than 10 in order to build a ship and that is not including guns or other upgrades. While something desperately needs to be done about the crap of a warehouse system we have currently (15 line history is pathetic) the best option currently is to just email an officer the complete list of items needed and wait until the officer can hand them over. I doubt seriously that the game will ever include attachments to email or if they will spend the time to make the inventory management system more robust than the tin can and shoestring technology it is currently.

7 hours ago, Captain Personthing said:

Yes please, I hate waiting around for an officer to come on. I have an important role to make guns when requested but im not an officer so I have to buy my own stuff? I dont get paid for the guns too. 

This is something you have to discuss in your clan. They should make you an officer, when you have such a task.

The idea in general sounds good.

8 hours ago, Captain Personthing said:

Yes please, I hate waiting around for an officer to come on. I have an important role to make guns when requested but im not an officer so I have to buy my own stuff? I dont get paid for the guns too. 

May I suggest to you and your clan that you store an appropriate quantity of the clan's iron and coal as well as a working inventory of cannons in your own warehouse. The original suggestion is a nice one but I really doubt it will get any develolmwnt time. 

The coding framework is likely already there, given the current system for placing contracts, it would just need to be tweaked some, but since I'm not a developer, I can't say for certain.  It would certainly alleviate a lot of problems and improve the overall quality of life for everyone in a Clan.

What about a combination of the email system (to send the notice to an officer) and the contract system. An officer receives the email and fills the request in a fashion similar to the contract system. Problem is that the system needs to be isolated to a specific port otherwise the system could be used to move materials if it is coded badly. Maybe embed it into the clan warehouse interface and in order to retrieve items it can only be done at the port that contains the warehouse. 

• Like 1

I've used the in-game Mail to send an invoice to an officer.  Often the clan I am trading with preferred that I use the contract  system for the trade because it helped track the port commercial transactions.  Othertimes I delivered the product to an alternate officer/member and they would hold it for the intended officer or stow it in the warehouse.  I received payments both ways,  sometimes before and sometines after delivery.

I like the idea that players can give warehouse access to other players

Edited by Macjimm