Game-Labs Forum

Over BR entering Port Battles

Archaos

8 hours ago, Wraith said:

I believe it happens when someone is undercrewed and the lowered BR in OW lets them in, but it calculates the BR in the battle list based on a fully crewed ship.

This seems like a flaw in game logic IMO. Makes a bit more sense, especially with Red Tail's comment about the unusual BR (9464 would only happen when undercrewed involved). IMO, undercrewing should have no effect on the BR.

This means clans could theoretically get a few more 1st rates into a battle at slightly less performance, just by making sure everyone is undercrewed slightly. With crew bonuses from ports and knowledge books etc, you can counter that loss of crew and have no real drawback in performance.

First of all i don't think its super urgent issue
And secondly - that's not that easy to solve. Well, I'm not sure that there is a problem at all. Is that's a bug or BR for each ship is not static?

Let consider both parties has equal port bonuses points.
One side has "crew bonuses" and was able to bring 11 ships - and because of the bonuses - whole crewed
The another side will have 10 1rst rates but with other bonuses set (like hull/gunnery and full crew as-well)
Is this is gonna be unfair fight? well, hard to tell. Probably 2nd party will have slight advantage.
The idea is that same ship but with other set of bonuses/upgrades/wood type/cannons will have other value of BR - is not that bad (so, BR could be considered as how much impact could give some ship)
Is that how it works? 🤔
If that how it works then the only problem I see here is that BR for PB in OW was shown as 94xx and in the battle it shows another BR which is a bit confusing. And I was able to jump in into the battle when i should not be able to (so we cannot properly plan our port battle fleet setup)
Need some clarification about how BR works in those cases.

So, we were expecting 10k br vs 10k br (probably on the map shown "clear" BR. Same as in the ship details{1rs rates - 900br etc}) but in the real it calculates "real" BR (and we have no idea how to calculate that).

I am not suggesting anything fishy was going on from the part of the pirates.  It was something I noticed during the port battle and called attention to it as a flaw in what was supposed to be a [HARD BR LOCK] [-error-] That either is some variable error or another mystery game mechanic that should be clear to everyone who plays the Game of RVR and relies on BR Availability to calculate the ideal fleet makeup, because if it the 2nd, we can all undercrew a full Trafalgar fleet of 25 1st and 2nd rates for every 10K port battle, pretty sure that is not anyone's intention.

Edited by Atreides

1 hour ago, Red Tail said:

First of all i don't think its super urgent issue
And secondly - that's not that easy to solve. Well, I'm not sure that there is a problem at all. Is that's a bug or BR for each ship is not static?

Let consider both parties has equal port bonuses points.
One side has "crew bonuses" and was able to bring 11 ships - and because of the bonuses - whole crewed
The another side will have 10 1rst rates but with other bonuses set (like hull/gunnery and full crew as-well)
Is this is gonna be unfair fight? well, hard to tell. Probably 2nd party will have slight advantage.
The idea is that same ship but with other set of bonuses/upgrades/wood type/cannons will have other value of BR - is not that bad (so, BR could be considered as how much impact could give some ship)
Is that how it works? 🤔
If that how it works then the only problem I see here is that BR for PB in OW was shown as 94xx and in the battle it shows another BR which is a bit confusing. And I was able to jump in into the battle when i should not be able to (so we cannot properly plan our port battle fleet setup)
Need some clarification about how BR works in those cases.

So, we were expecting 10k br vs 10k br (probably on the map shown "clear" BR. Same as in the ship details{1rs rates - 900br etc}) but in the real it calculates "real" BR (and we have no idea how to calculate that).

It should be simple to solve, the BR should be the BR of the ship when fully crewed when calculating entry into the port battle.

You may say an under crewed ship is less effective but that depends on how you look at it. In terms of single broadside weight it makes little difference as the side not shooting can shut down so an under crewed ship can reload and fire a broadside at the same rate as a fully crewed ship.

I am not sure how the value of BR is calculated with under crewing, but what if there is a meta where by under crewing you could squeeze another couple of 1st rates into a 10k port battle, that could make a big difference to the outcome.

It also raises the question as to whether people knew about this bug as it happened at least twice out of the 3 port battles last night. Did someone just try and join that was not supposed to or did they know in advance they could get in? I know for our port battles we work out what ships we bring in advance based on the ships full BR so unless some people were screened out and we had to hastily replace them with non planned ships we should never exceed BR.

As I said in the OP I do not believe it had a huge effect on the results last night, but if this is a bug it needs to be sorted before it becomes a meta and people calculate how to maximize numbers of ships entering a port battle. If non-static BR is a feature then let us know and give us a way to determine what the BR will be so we can calculate which ships we can put into a port battle. 

There is no bug, the BR limit mechanic is working as intended. 

Battle information window consider actual BR of a ship (including crew) in open world, meanwhile static BR of a ship is shown on the TAB UI inside the battle.

Static BR in the TAB UI might be changed to actual BR, but we cannot provide any ETA at the moment. The issue might be reviewed at later stage once more critical things are done.

• Like 1