Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix for patch 35 - 11 September

23 hours ago, admin said:

• Speed for all ships of the line with the exception of bellona, christian and santisima (rare lineships) slightly reduced

Honestly I don't get the reasoning behind that. Bellona and Christian are already the preferred choices of their classes and the fastest iirc. Why make the gap between the rest even bigger? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pietjenoob said:

@admin is there an ETA on a Dutch warship/merchantman?

Rumor has it that lots of people are hoping for an Indiaman Refit, like the LGV Refit. #soon

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SirAlatriste said:

Lot of people wants that.

We are waiting for Montañés 3rd rate.... 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

We might even add ship maintenance in general. The stronger the wood, the longer the maintenance intervals. When a ship recieves no maintenance it turn shabby then very shabby and after half a year sinks completely rotten at the dock.

+1

anyway ,apart from adding the planck to the captured npc , i don't undertand the changes made. i hope they bring action back to war server.

but i honestly think we need to rethink the economy.

Edited by SantaRoja
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jorge said:

We are waiting for Montañés 3rd rate.... 

That's completely  true.  First  the spanish.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Montañes first.

It was the most voted ship in the latest poll.

Wreker got third position.

A lot of kids do not know who the wreker (avenger) is !

wreker, is the leadship ((wreker:  (dutch word)) class : Avenger class

The Admiraal de Ruyter was a Dutch 80-gun ship-of-the-line, part of the Wreker Class (translation: Avenger).

7 ships would be build according to Pieter Glavimans' design which was approved by the admiralty in 1795. Supervising the build of the first two vessels, the class' leadship "Wreker" left the dockyard in 1798.

SoL speed nerf needs to also include the permit ships. 

While before we had the slight idiosyncrasy that Christian was a bit faster than Bucentaure with this nerf Christian is now more than a full knot faster than the Bucentaure - and across all points of sail. It should be the other way round if anything. Our overloaded 32-24 pd Bellona being faster than the generic 32-18 clone 3rd rate makes no sense either.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Thonys said:

The Admiraal de Ruyter was a Dutch 80-gun ship-of-the-line, part of the Wreker Class (translation: Avenger).

7 ships would be build according to Pieter Glavimans' design which was approved by the admiralty in 1795. Supervising the build of the first two vessels, the class' leadship "Wreker" left the dockyard in 1798.

The Dutch ships would be very useful when we get real water depth. One more reason for that.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Thonys said:

We don't care. Montañes first. Full stop

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 2:39 PM, admin said:
  • Speed for all ships of the line with the exception of bellona, christian and santisima (rare lineships) slightly reduced

How is one knot called 'slightly'? Slightly in this sentence can be removed, cause removing speed by one knot on ships isn't 'slightly'. 

You forgot to nerf the Wasa by one knot. Please explain to me why a Santisima is faster than a Pavel and why a Christian is faster than a 3rd Rate when this game is all about SPEED?

Also a Victory SHOULD be able to outrun a Santisima, at least on closehaul or just remove the entire ship cause there is no point in using it otherwise. 

I hope you rebalance it, I do agree that lineships were too fast and I do like to see 4th Rates and USS United States/Constitution usable for PvP again instead of boring Wasas the entire time.

Edited by NOJODU
Quote was wrong
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, NOJODU said:

You forgot to nerf the Wasa by one knot.

wasa is an oversight indeed. will also lose some speed. 
All ships will be probably tuned in this update indicated in the development plans

content update 2: Unfinished business (continuous updates)

• Combat model update and improvements (including proper battle sails mechanics)
  • More variety in upgrades, loot and books
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, admin said:

More variety in upgrades

Could you explain this a little further?  it seems to me that we have far too many upgrades.  I certainly acquire more upgrades than I can use. 

1 hour ago, Snoopy said:

Santi is now faster than Ocean. Oof.

Makes no sense.  Santissima was a known brick, while Ocean’s class was Sané’s masterpiece and described as « as manoeuvrable as a frigate »...

Edited by Serk
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Serk said:

Ocean’s class was Sané’s masterpiece and described as « as manoeuvrable as a frigate »...

Source? link please (ok if in french - we have french speakers)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, admin said:

Source? link please (ok if in french - we have french speakers)

According to a British report after the capture of the « Commerce de Marseille:

« Capturé le 29 août 1793 par les anglais à Toulon, Le Commerce de Marseille intégra la Royal Navy sous le même nom (HMS Commerce de Marseille). Souffrant d´un complexe d'infériorité à l'égard des constructions navales françaises, la Royal Navy effectuera de nombreux essais sur le navire. Le rapport anglais sera d'ailleurs très élogieux à l'égard du Commerce de Marseille, un vaisseau "aux lignes exceptionnellement fines, un bon navire de haute mer [...]. En dépit de ses dimensions, il navigue comme une frégate, il a une bonne tenue à la mer. Peu de navires sont comparables à lui, c´est un remarquable navire, très sûr et aisé". »

Link: http://epoque.napoleonienne.over-blog.com/pages/Les_118_canons-521842.html

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, admin said:

Combat model update and improvements (including proper battle sails mechanics)

what do you intend to do to reach this goal?

43 minutes ago, admin said:

More variety in upgrades, loot and books

what does it mean? more craftable item? nerf some upg?

3 minutes ago, Serk said:

According to a British report after the capture of the « Commerce de Marseille:

"Sails like a frigate" is not necessarily a reference to speed, but more probably a complement to her manoeuvrability.

• Like 1

One thing that I may suggest that I never undestood why, is; why is capturing a ship less rewardable than sinking one? Meanwhile back in the days, you gained more money by capturing ships, and experience aswell by doing that. I know "Players can keep the ship, they don't need to return it to the Admiralty, so that's why it doesn't reward the player, the reward is the ship itself". Common.