Game-Labs Forum

OW ROE for PZ not working properly

Hullabaloo

2 hours ago, Hullabaloo said:

If I've mis-understood please explain

You did not, admin changed the ROE again, it was too good to be true.

Now for 10 minutes anyone can join, after 10 minutes only to weaker side :)

And also I complained about zero patch notes about this situation and my post immediatly deleted.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

You did not, admin changed the ROE again, it was too good to be true.

Now for 10 minutes anyone can join, after 10 minutes only to weaker side :)

And also I complained about zero patch notes about this situation and my post immediatly deleted.

please, n.. really? THAT was like the best change in the past 6 months. IT finally worked very well

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Meraun said:

please, n.. really? THAT was like the best change in the past 6 months. IT finally worked very well

Patrols should have bigger battles - that's how we want them. You do non like it fine, we did no like how they all became 1v1 or 2v2 affairs. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

Patrols should have bigger battles - that's how we want them. You do non like it fine, we did no like how they all became 1v1 or 2v2 affairs. 

Shouldn't be the question what the majority of the players like? 

For big battles you may give us the battle room back, no sailing just fighting 25 v 25. Those were great times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Archer said:

Shouldn't be the question what the majority of the players like? 

For big battles you may give us the battle room back, no sailing just fighting 25 v 25. Those were great times.

we are doing this test to try to increase size of battles in patrols which got smaller when we shortened the main entry timers.
We will review and maybe do another change before the next big patch.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, admin said:

we are doing this test to try to increase size of battles in patrols which got smaller when we shortened the main entry timers.
We will review and maybe do another change before the next big patch.

Why not increase the joining players gradualy.

Start is no limit for 2 minutes. 

After 2 minutes when there is a weak side, keep weak side open until both sides are within %13 difference. 

if both sides difference is equal or less than %13, increase both join BR by %50 or more. 

This can keep happening until patrol limit Br and for 20 minutes. 

So the trick is battle br increases instead of closing, when both sides br are closer than %13.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

We have had plenty of bigger battles with roughly balanced BR with the open world ROE:

OW_ROE.jpg.d47b7f13adeac0c478aa7d200381b5e4.jpg

While with the new ROE you end up with stuff like this:

NEW_ROE.jpg.8a5f08252093a861ed356fe255b78ab8.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daniboy3000 said:

We have had plenty of bigger battles with roughly balanced BR with the open world ROE:

While with the new ROE you end up with stuff like this:

tend to agree

will hotfix the timer back tomorrow or day after tomorrow. The average player does not consider 10-5 ship battle equal.. 2 min timer allows ganking (if groups are organized) but also allows to equalize the battle for the weaker side giving hope. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, admin said:

2 min timer allows ganking (if groups are organized) but also allows to equalize the battle for the weaker side giving hope.

exactly. 2 minutes is a safety timer for players ganked by a big organized group, 10 min timer let 1 side to become a gank side...and gives only 10 min to defenders to receive help without entering a battle when at 9.59 min 2587435893 ships join the biggest team mantaining the gank situation active

• Like 2

The PZ is small. Most fleets sail together...close enough for them to all join within the 2 minutes. The huge ganking in PZ usually happened because a most groups are 3-5 captains, while 1 or 2 groups are 10+ captains. And then exactly as @huliotkd said, anyone else joining will never join the lower side, but rather the larger side. Mainly because of the odds of survival. Basically, a small PZ means small groups sail close enough for 2 minutes.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

The PZ is small. Most fleets sail together...close enough for them to all join within the 2 minutes. The huge ganking in PZ usually happened because a most groups are 3-5 captains, while 1 or 2 groups are 10+ captains. And then exactly as @huliotkd said, anyone else joining will never join the lower side, but rather the larger side. Mainly because of the odds of survival. Basically, a small PZ means small groups sail close enough for 2 minutes.

You are right but still best solution so far, because sometimes you have even battles when there is no zerg around or zerg is ganking others, and they miss 2 minutes join timer for ganking.

I can find solutions for Shallow Patrol as ship BR are close to each other but deep waters make it complicated.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

I prefer the 2 minute timer because i would constantly see the fish bait tactic in play --

Player would get caught by a small group and then tell his buddies to undock from port and sail over.

With 2 minute timer they have to be in the OW if they want 'all' the player in - otherwise it is even BR. And for some reason the fish baiters didn't like even br 🤔

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I prefer the 2 minute timer because i would constantly see the fish bait tactic in play --

Player would get caught by a small group and then tell his buddies to undock from port and sail over.

With 2 minute timer they have to be in the OW if they want 'all' the player in - otherwise it is even BR. And for some reason the fish baiters didn't like even br 🤔

That is how it should be in all battles!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

That is how it should be in all battles!

contrary to folks saying they hate the 20 minute reinforcement timer for the side with lower BR, I love it. 

I know it has been abused in the past and there are a few players who continue to try to game it, but it continues to amaze me at how many times people DON'T join the make the battle more even. but the 20 minute timer allows me to join a friend who's in trouble to even out the battle - the enemy already got to the battle and now will enjoy a more contested and tough fight.

.......or do people not like tough rewarding fights? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

contrary to folks saying they hate the 20 minute reinforcement timer for the side with lower BR, I love it. 

I know it has been abused in the past and there are a few players who continue to try to game it, but it continues to amaze me at how many times people DON'T join the make the battle more even. but the 20 minute timer allows me to join a friend who's in trouble to even out the battle - the enemy already got to the battle and now will enjoy a more contested and tough fight.

.......or do people not like tough rewarding fights? 

For me a battle starts before tagging. Preparation in OW, gaining the weather gage, see that not too many enemies are around, check the distance to forts, etc.

Then you tag and hope that you target won't interfere too much with your plans.

Finally the battle starts, the people within sight may join (since you recognised they were there it's only fair), then the hot work starts...

This is how historical naval battles were done and this shall be reflected in the game. If you get ganked, ask yourself why. Usually you sailed carelessly in enemy waters or meet an enemy raider group in your waters. To avoid it, sail in a group or take a fast ship. The historical mitigation. 

If you want to help your friends, sail in a group. If someone is too careless he has to pay the price.

Why should the preparations of the attacker being devalued, when it is the defenders fault not to be prepared for the things that might happen in the waters where he is sailing.

We really do need a place where the player can go to seek information about the ROE in operation at any given moment. There are so many chops and changes and different rules in PZ, OW and Capital areas (with the added variation of active fort and tower participation).  I don't mind the rules changing for improvement but lets have a level game for all with a definitive list of the current active rules of engagement in the various areas listed somewhere.  

Buster (locked out or ganked)

When ROE became 2 minutes, first time my clan mates enjoyed the PZ. We had fairly even battles

Last night we tried again with this 10 min. crap. I am not sure my friends will come to PZ again. We were 8 and we had 25 Russians against us, they just rained on us. Even some people joined on our side BR was 900 vs 2800 something. 

I wish this nonsense is Hot Fixed soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

When ROE became 2 minutes, first time my clan mates enjoyed the PZ. We had fairly even battles

Last night we tried again with this 10 min. crap. I am not sure my friends will come to PZ again. We were 8 and we had 25 Russians against us, they just rained on us. Even some people joined on our side BR was 900 vs 2800 something. 

I wish this nonsense is Hot Fixed soon. 

Admin said something about it somewhere 

i think it will be fixed in the coming days 

just give it some time

Edited by Thonys