Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Forts helping 3rd party nation


Recommended Posts

Forts and Towers will attack the closest enemy and will keep attacking it until it sinks or gets out of range.

Next time attack.

No fear.

 

I didn't see anything weird so far. O_o

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I'm sorry that's not the case. I attacked a Russian outside Mortimer Town the other day, pirates joined my side and the Russian sat under the fort while the pirates got destroyed by their own fort.

😮

..wow

This is very recent then. Good catch.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's because the fort only recognizes your nation. If it was the Pirates attacking and you joined afterwards, they wouldn't bother to attack you, 'cause you would be flying the pirate flag inside the instance. But since you weren't, the fort will attack whoever ship that isn't flying the Black, that goes for any nation at all. The Fort doesn't recognize because we don't have an alliance system, so whatever nation that isn't Pirate, is an enemy and it will fire upon you because of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ink said:

Forts consider only nations that are shown in combat, if a 3rd party joined your side, the fort will treat it accordingly (the same as for you)

So, in the case Gregory presented, the French fort would consider both the Swede and the Dutch as enemies, correct ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ink said:

Forts consider only nations that are shown in combat, if a 3rd party joined your side, the fort will treat it accordingly (the same as for you)

 

56 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

So, in the case Gregory presented, the French fort would consider both the Swede and the Dutch as enemies, correct ?

the way Ink states it - the answer would be no. only 2 nations flag's are ever in the battle - any third party nation would "become that flag." if a French was to join the Swedish side, the french player "flies" the swedish flag for the duration of that battle.

Although this does bring a new question continuing on what you asked....if both nations are fighting near a fort that belongs to a "3rd" nation, what does the fort target? from @Gregory Rainsborough's statements, it sounds like it prioritizes "defending" the defender, whoever that may be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

the way Ink states it - the answer would be no. only 2 nations flag's are ever in the battle - any third party nation would "become that flag." if a French was to join the Swedish side, the french player "flies" the swedish flag for the duration of that battle.

fort is french :) 

players are swedish ( even if french joining swedish which become swedish during the battle )

So... the issue is... what side is the fort when no french flag is involved ?... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I'm sorry that's not the case. I attacked a Russian outside Mortimer Town the other day, pirates joined my side and the Russian sat under the fort while the pirates got destroyed by their own fort.

pirate forts attack fake pirates  🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

fort is french :) 

players are swedish ( even if french joining swedish which become swedish during the battle )

So... the issue is... what side is the fort when no french flag is involved ?...

If Dutch attacks Swede, fort will fire only at the Dutch player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot confirm how it treats nations that are not the owner of the fort, but if the fort is the same nation as the attacker then it targets the defender. I attacked a Russian player by the fort in Morgans Bluff and the fort destroyed him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always found it weird back when pirates had outlaw battles, that forts would waste enormous amounts of shot and powder trying to kill the pirates scrapping with each other.

This is a similar situation. Surely, the forts must either conserve their shot and powder and only intervene when their nation members are involved, or indiscriminately fire on both sets of invaders using their infinite supplies of ammunition.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jarlath Morrow said:

I always found it weird back when pirates had outlaw battles, that forts would waste enormous amounts of shot and powder trying to kill the pirates scrapping with each other.

This is a similar situation. Surely, the forts must either conserve their shot and powder and only intervene when their nation members are involved, or indiscriminately fire on both sets of invaders using their infinite supplies of ammunition.

Ya...not only that, how about the 400 we have to deliver to them, yet they have only 20 firing at one time...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, van der Clam said:

Ya...not only that, how about the 400 we have to deliver to them, yet they have only 20 firing at one time...

Forts have 4 sides, they can shoot at 4 different targets or focus 2 of the sides on the same target if in field of fire of two of the sides.

Not a pretty sight being at the end of half the fort guns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Forts have 4 sides, they can shoot at 4 different targets or focus 2 of the sides on the same target if in field of fire of two of the sides.

Not a pretty sight being at the end of half the fort guns.

Now imagine if we could choose design and placemet from like 10 forts, halfmoon shaped, triangel star fort shaped etc would make stuff more interesting

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wyy said:

Now imagine if we could choose design and placemet from like 10 forts, halfmoon shaped, triangel star fort shaped etc would make stuff more interesting

I imagine the architects chose the best place for the forts according to the ground for foundations, etc. In a RP sense. That's acceptable.

What would be interesting would be to have the possibility of temporary ( like 1 PB only ) earthworks with ad hoc batteries in ports that have no defenses or that lack some. ( at the expense of BR )

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...