Game-Labs Forum

Pirate security (PvP)

FooxLee

16 minutes ago, Tenet said:

In my timezone North American- or close to it, I face HAVOC, WO (when they return) and other Dutch clans, along with the remaining Prussians. In PZ we often fight the rest, people who are at or above my experience. What does the word "Most" mean in your post? Did you take an accurate count of the clans and their members, or is your veiled statistic merely in your imagination?

For the record, I advocate openly for Clan Wars:

Just pointing out that if you want to face more tough clans then joining Russia may not be the best choice. If you joined Poland you could face tough clans from Russia, Denmark and Dutch. Just imagine the experience you could gain there facing tough clans.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Just pointing out that if you want to face more tough clans then joining Russia may not be the best choice. If you joined Poland you could face tough clans from Russia, Denmark and Dutch. Just imagine the experience you could gain there facing tough clans.

Great, and how would I make money to replace lost ships? Sail only Princes "again and again and again"?

PvP and RvR is designed for 3 factions maximum. That worked for Dark Age of Camelot and other games. Having more factions at such a small population on server is a really bad design. 

Edited by Tenet
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tenet said:

Great, and how would I make money to replace lost ships? Sail only Princes "again and again and again"?

PvP and RvR is designed for 3 factions maximum. That worked for Dark Age of Camelot and other games. Having more factions at such a small population on server is a really bad design. 

I was not looking for an argument or discussion about good/bad game design, I was just pointing out a flaw in your statement that by joining Russia you got to face some of the toughest clans on the server.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I was not looking for an argument or discussion about good/bad game design, I was just pointing out a flaw in your statement that by joining Russia you got to face some of the toughest clans on the server.

It's not a flaw, because I never claimed that was the reason I joined Russia. I just presented the current status of my PvP experience.

HAVOC, WO, the Dutch, are some of the toughest clans on the server. English is my second language, but I'm fairly sure I was logically and semantically correct in my statement.

You came into the thread to nitpick at a post I made. You may now leave.

7 hours ago, Nick the cursed said:

Maybe it's time to make Pyrates great more, sail only 7/6/5th rates, only raids (which are comin') and OW hunt? askin' for it since long time.. need more Pyrates mechanics, no PBs and f**i' RvR...

You wouldn't get any objections from me on that score, but you'd have to give them an ability to craft the same quality of ships that other factions build.  Sure, it's easy to say Pirates should just steal what they need, but an equal ability to craft quality ships is a basic staple of this game.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Tenet said:

It's not a flaw, because I never claimed that was the reason I joined Russia. I just presented the current status of my PvP experience.

HAVOC, WO, the Dutch, are some of the toughest clans on the server. English is my second language, but I'm fairly sure I was logically and semantically correct in my statement.

You came into the thread to nitpick at a post I made. You may now leave.

WO dont even play the game anymore...they are playing other games and laughing at you guys, because they scared you into another Nation. Havic is ok, but you will never fight them cuz your scared. So dont even bring this in here bruh! "I gain so much knowledge and experience facing these tough clans'....blah blah blah. You guys are the laughing stock of the game, when people say VCO, VSC, VSCO, ro what ever you call yourselves these days, they laugh at you guys, every time!

Edited by HoneyBaddger

2 hours ago, HoneyBaddger said:

Havic is ok

Come fight them someday, at equal numbers, and they might teach you something too, like how to spell.

Edit: Oh wait, you did fight them when you tried to steal Nuevitas...

c218e4be3f7b9d6063ad80c599c73963.jpg

Hint from a fellow rookie: You want to save some longs and tap every enemy in the battle, so that if you lose badly, but your team gets one kill, you at least put that missing "A" on the score board. 👌

Since your pals always go into personal attacks, I'm not in the above screenshot, because I joined the fight that happened at the same time here:

06994C9B81559EC27914D8D3371D44014F6A6E5F

p.s. It is amusing how native English speakers manage to malign their own language in writing. It's easy mode compared to writing in Russian.

Edited by Tenet
  • Like 3

I don’t know what will happen in the future but as of right now, BL4CK has already done more than VCO ever did. Let’s not forget WTF and a couple other pirate clans that have helped.  Remedios, Santiago and the 3 back to back port battles in the south of Cuba just the other day is something that VCO has never done or ever will do. Taking neutral ports doesn’t really count towards this discussion. If i’m wrong, show me screenshots of vco’s port battle victories vs other players. 

You guys must have screenshots because you seem to love them considering the fact you’re always posting our battles. Like I said before, show me your victories so that everybody that read these posts can judge for themselves who is better

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Simon Cadete said:

everybody that read these posts can judge for themselves who is better

Attack Nassau ? Should be good fun for everyone that cannot judge from forum posts who writes better ;) 

Or the other side attack one of your holdings ? Would be the same really.

That's the only way to do it :) and everyone has a go at firing guns and having a good time with pixel toy ships.

• Like 5

I know fights will happen and I welcome them.

I keep reading posts from these Vco guys bashing my clan and talk about our defeats. All I asked for was screenshots of their victories. So far nothing. Give them time. Must be so many that it’s hard to pick one.

i know tenet has one of him in a battle where his clan won vs WO but not sure that the clan tag says VCO. 

50 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

i know tenet has one of him in a battle where his clan won vs WO but not sure that the clan tag says VCO. 

Willis definitely has the original screenshots, as he called the battle. There are a lot of differences on that screenshot, like the "A" in [BLACK].

1rPXnltEYnLkH5mq-Region.png

Pretty blurry, lets see if I can help: [VSC] Willis, [VSC] Tenet, [VSC] MidnightLight, [VCO] Jarlath Morrow, [VCO] Doug Maoz - did someone change their name? Did I forget someone active? Any of the names not mentioned still play? No disrespect intended.

Which one of these names are you Simon?

All your current leaders had to do was show up a month before release, and say "We're re-forming the old crew. Come join us and we will give this game another shot." All they had to do was to show an ounce of humility. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Attack Nassau ? Should be good fun for everyone that cannot judge from forum posts who writes better ;) 

Or the other side attack one of your holdings ? Would be the same really.

That's the only way to do it :) and everyone has a go at firing guns and having a good time with pixel toy ships.

Looks like @Hethwill just called out for VSC to attack  a BL4CK port for a showdown? I hope someone streams it.

• Like 1

It seems some folks are really out of touch.

Whilst in Pirates, VCO fought plenty of nice battles. And not just against the garden variety noob, as BL4CK has always done. 

Off the top of my head: Prussian wars, Spanish Wars, British wars, US wars... I seem to recall fighting quite a few good fights. I don't know though, if BL4CK says they've done more in a few months than we did in two years then they must be right! :rolleyes:

Before we get to that though, I think we need to have a quick refresher of what happened just before BL4CK went inactive in the second half of 2017. 

It started when PvP2 was renamed to PvP Global earlier that year, and we got a handful of more skilled opponents to face (not the eager, but less skilled opponents BL4CK had been enjoying sinking for the past years [I should know, I was on the losing side of BL4CK fleets many times]). But when those more skilled opponents showed up, this started happening:

597797E2ED31A6A7F5C3A8F878616BF6803DABD9

People started getting sunk by WO and their friends in the OW. Ships were lost left and right in embarrassing screenshots. I'm sure if you do enough digging, you'll find them. I remember the attempts to make deals with WO to prevent losing more ships to them. They never lasted.

And Port battles that before looked like this:

D1C5EE412847B62800A5E70232E9F7A0268F7F3E

(lossless victory vs a less-skilled group, and most of the escapees were sunk in battles outside the port)

Started to look like this:
0AD39CBC60EF6F7BD59DA0FFD3139481B6136557

(still a victory, but only a few ships sunk, several of our ships also sunk).

Then our leadership started going to play other games, leaving a skeleton crew behind with nobody really definitively put in charge. Things like this started happening when we were left to lead our own battles:
1464C779CC73A5815CCDFB1B18D8A1FE47FBECA9

So a few of us, including myself and Doug Maoz decided to step up and start fulfilling our roles as officers. After the shaky start above, we developed an effective method to lead us to victory against more skilled opponents (something the glorified 'old guard' didn't really do, since there weren't many skilled clans on PvP2 when the 'old guard' was active):

DEFF099C07B43A29164291FAA5BDE006990E13CB

As Tenet mentions, you'll note that many of those players in that screenshot do, in fact, fly the VCO or VSC banner. Funny how that works out. 

Now, several asked for some VCO victories. I'm lazy so I just scrolled through some of my posts in one of the battle results threads. Within the following spoiler, you'll see that we can not only fight less skilled opponents a la BL4CK, but that we can also fight against opponents who have a degree of skill that wasn't present on PvP2. Note that we fought in large brawls, and smaller fights. You'll also note that just because I no longer have the BL4CK tag, doesn't mean I've lost my touch in 1v1s either. 

(wall of screenshots incoming):

(Spoiler didn't post properly, has my closing paragraph inside the spoiler, and I cannot edit it and move it outside the spoiler).

A2DC925CBFDE5E7E2D247490A3790C74D6CBDDE7

82FBC108459FA16E7D89347E5B7F257420B947F6

35b98d2c9f685f828700dd2c38589481.png

0426a86606bbdd65befd0f9923be3e83.png

411F3B12A47C3AD35778590360480F75ACB974DA

F44A11F47409100FE2E84FC6B97AEFE7F64C1675

813CD80668632F182A1672CA2CB9C669FAA6899B

212E686B5E6AE9B45A9210E7331BF21C3963D2F0

D7603701FB019326087411C24366EB52973E9BA7

A0FDEDDF88B4123EB0EB22292CFE6C2A63BF8764

AE9F3D9DE02F21C6C8B3AFF6F30F3C9E850E4C9B

A800E0B3D05879990FB7CE504A93EC4C0D43F80F

I've got more screenshots, and I know plenty of my clanmates have some nice screenshots too. But I believe I've posted enough here to prove that we are, in fact, capable of fighting. Should anyone ever doubt this, I'll happily meet them in a first rate or Trincomalee duel. I may not win, but it'll be proof enough that the VSC/VCO tag can fight.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my time in BLACK on PvP2. I sailed with some good people, and I finished my transition from US Noob to a skilled PvPer whilst sailing under the BLACK flag. Some of my favorite battles happened while I was under the BLACK flag. We were a force to be reckoned with on the PvP2 server.

But its stop living in the past. Take off the rose colored glasses for a minute and look around. We're not on PvP2 any more. There are player groups more skilled than any BL4CK could ever field. That was a tough one to accept for me, coming from a server where I only feared a duel with a few other players, to a server where there are plenty of people who could have mopped the floor with me at that time.

Really, its hard to accept being the little guy, when you've grown so used to being the biggest fish around. BLACK couldn't accept this two years ago on PvP Global, and it doesn't appear that BL4CK can accept this now on PvP1 Caribbean War server. 

Yes, I was thrilled to see my old clanmates come back to the game. I hoped we'd work closely together and build a combined fleet that would be able to crush anyone who set against us in our primetime. But I quickly realized that would never work out. BL4CK has an ego problem, and the salt in this thread is only further evidence that I made the right choice staying in Naval Action, rather than following BLACK to other games. Because by staying in Naval Action, I ended up falling in with a great group of people, who fly under the Voodoo Shipping Company flag. :)  (not to mention I didn't accumulate 2 years of rust and a lack of knowledge of mechanics) :P

Note that all 'BLACK' references in this post reference the PvP2 clan BLACK, known as BL4CK on the Caribbean War server.

Edited by William Death
Spoiler.....
  • Like 5

6a98e8744f1fc7f0dc3730bc9167ef27.png

We can sink Brit noobs too!

8967f406c50bfe88b64625a43f221e5d.jpg

And we don’t intentionally sink to Spain.  

54bd20bfc9ba0cf922a19db2ab8f2b5f.png

35817fd88c559a6623fdde6df8899bca.png

and US noobs of course.   

——

I do find it amusing that all the Pirates complaining about what we did or didn’t do are all Pirates that magically appeared after the release.  WTF hemorrhaged pirate ports by the boat load prior to the wipe.  We took them back.  Their memory seems a bit vague on that point.  I’m glad BL4CK took the Santiago region, most of ports had a VCO or 5x tag a few months ago.  I’d be happy to defend Russian ports if BL4CK decides to actually attack a nation who’s PB strategies don’t involve beaching their ships.  They won’t though.  They’ll continue to avoid the Dutch at Isla or West End and enjoy the daytime screening that Russia provides the pirate nation while chest beating inferior opponents.

I remember Koltes telling me on discord that their primary enemy and focus was going to be WO.  They had the chance, but refused to enter the PB.  2 months later Isla has yet to be attacked.  

Acta non verba

We’ll also be more than happy to show up to any arranged fight that BL4CK would like to have.  If they have the stones.  Just tell us when and where.. we’ll show up with bells on.  Anyway this thread has run its course.  The drama is stupid.  Fight us or shut up 

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 5

On 9/10/2019 at 7:22 AM, koltes said:

Why? Because everyone have to hold hands or be able to troll with immunity???
1. If my mates and I have invested efforts and time into something - this should be our choice to share or not to share;
2. I would totally be ok with Friends list replaced by GnG;
3. I even be ok with GnG replaced with war declaration aka Clan wars

Pick any

Or you could just block them in chat...

On 9/10/2019 at 8:22 AM, Severus Snape said:

Beating the brits once isn’t something to pound your chest over.  And if the stream was correct, especially with that wind.  You say we’ve done nothing, yet you’ve been absent from the game for 2 years.  We were the only pirate clan capable of winning back the ports WTF bungled away during that time, whether it be against Prussia, US, GB, Russia or even Spain (do they count?).  And there have been plenty they lost.  Having beat most of those fellas in the Santiago PB several times, I wouldn’t take too much stock in the fight.  Will you have the stones to keep the EU timer or will you dodge it with 1-4?  I am glad you figured out how circles work.

Yeah, Santiago was painful to watch. Especially since all my crafting was setup there.