Game-Labs Forum

9 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

You know them, you loathe them, you've been one, and so has everyone.

I suggest putting a timer on ships re-entering port once they've left, and which is longer than the attack timer.

It is an interesting idea, but i think that may it will provoke a carebears rebelion :D

• Like 2

And today we see *Gregory Rainsborough* as PippiLongstocking

Pippi Longstocking*

2 times 3 make 4

Widdewiddewitt1 and three makes nine

I see the world

Widdewidde the way I want to

Hey Pippy Longstocking

trallari trallahey tralla whoopsie

Hey Pippy Longstocking

She does whatever she wants

Hey Pippy Longstocking

Hey Pippy Longstocking

I've got a house

A motley house2

A little monkey and a horse

Looking out the window

I've got a house

And to all the people who like us

We teach our multiplication tables

2 times 3 make 4

Widdewiddewitt and three makes nine

I see the world

Hey Pippy Longstocking

Hey Pippy Longstocking

3 times 3 make nine - widdewidde

Who wants to learn from me?

Everybody, big and small, trallalala get invited to my place

I've got a house

A motley house

Looking out the window

I've got a house

And to all the people who like us

We teach our multiplication tables

2 times 3 make 4

Widdewiddewitt and three makes nine

I see the world

Hey Pippy Longstocking

Hey Pippy Longstocking

3 times 3 make nine - widdewidde

Who wants to learn from me?

Everybody, big and small, trallalala get invited to my place

1. This is just gibberish.

2. Lit. "A multi-colored house".

Edited by Karthago

I think most of us hate dock campers more than dock hoppers.   

There's no logical justification for what you're suggesting - in any real world setting it would be absurd for an enemy ship to camp inside harbor and not be noticed until after someone had somehow untied from the dock and rendered themselves unable to return to safety.  It just doesn't make sense. 

If ANY change to the tagging near docks mechanic should be made, it's extending something like the capital zone protections to all owned ports - there should be a small area where tagging is impossible and/or battles should remain open indefinitely within the port's immediate area.  

Good luck convincing anyone that YOU need more help trolling newbs in trader brigs.  

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Serk said:

For what purpose? I'll just use a basic cutter first to find out what is going on outside a port before leaving.

yeah, i'd say no on this - because I'd just do this from now on too and it would be a shitty hassle addition to the game instead of any meaningful "content."

• Like 2

Hunt your trader brigs out in the open world with the rest of them Greg, stop asking the devs to further empower your dock humping.  Bad dog!  *sprays hose on little snow*

barking-dogs-1.jpg

^  Trader Brig 5 seconds out of dock^                                                        ^Greg  "  Rawrrrrrr! I'm gonna get ya"

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 11

Now this is down right comical, some raider is complaining that he cant camp outside of a port and rape any traders that undock because they hope back into port. Seriously Greg, is your need to club something that is far weaker so important to your ego that you have to request that the developers add something to assist you. Wow, just wow.

• Like 5

Gonna have to contest you there Greg^^
I know it's annoying having three Hermiones a Requin and a Rättvissan sit on the docks, contineously hopping in and out just because there is a lone Aggy in the area. But the price this would make people pay is a little too much IMO. Especially around free ports. Will for the most part make things even more gankey...

• Like 4

I’m a noobie.

So I am gradually building up my XP by various means.

Trading, delivering cargo and passages. Some engagements. Plenty of improvement required. Not of course helped by the low ranking of ship I can at present use in combat. But I am happy to stand and fight on occasions. Even if it’s for a short time. If I start to get to shot up, I will try to run. But I still get XP points for fighting.

I have been in Port. Looking to come out and deliver two lots of cargo. Two lots of passengers.

So I always click on leave Port. But before set sails. I have a good look round to see no gankers hanging around.

If so, why would I look to leave the Port. Common sense says to wait ! Sorry if gankers don’t like this.

I can assure them. Once I have more XP, larger frigate I will be happy to engage them. Bring it on !

Sometimes, I will also check out an area around the Port before leaving by using a cutter. Leave the safety of the Port knowing I will only lose a cutter if enemies around.

Surly this is all part of NA.

If your a big boy I would expect you to use your strengths. I’m not at that stage yet so have to use my wits to raise to a higher level.

I personally have no problem with gankers. It’s an open world after all. Made of up all sorts of people. At the moment I am, even if I say so myself becoming good at sailing, using my wits and the wind direction to get to where I want to go and to survive.

I’m sure this will come in useful as I move up the ranks.

Those playing NA have the own preference on how and what they do for enjoyment. See nothing wrong with that.

Cheers all 🍻

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

You know them, you loathe them, you've been one, and so has everyone.

I suggest putting a timer on ships re-entering port once they've left, and which is longer than the attack timer.

in 2017 we would have listened to this
We have learnt that it's a bad idea to let foxes decide on what to do with the henhouse security. 

• Like 33

12 minutes ago, admin said:

We have learnt that it's a bad idea to let foxes decide on what to do with the henhouse security. 

crew on strike

we could introduce harbor fee..

when docking more than 2 times within 2 minutes docking and leaving port.

payment>  first and second time free -  thirth  time  50k en the fourth time 100k  within 2 minutes  dockhopping in/out.

39 minutes ago, Thonys said:

crew on strike

we could introduce harbor fee..

when docking more than 2 times within 2 minutes docking and leaving port.

payment>  first and second time free -  thirth  time  50k en the fourth time 100k  within 2 minutes  dockhopping in/out.

no.  thanks
minor feature zero benefits to anyone except for foxes.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, admin said:

Agreed.....and sometimes the fox needs time to get away from the hounds...😏

Edited by Sea Fox
  • Like 4