Game-Labs Forum

Cargo and passengers rewards

Hello good afternoon.

I think that the more distance in cargo and passenger transport and delivery to enemy ports, the more reward in reals and doubloons they should give.

Example (Spain): 3 categories.

1st. Deliver cargo between unconquerable ports (Havana, Matanzas, Mariel, Bahia Honda etc.) X reals and 1000 doubloons.

2nd. Deliver charge of unconquerable own port to conquerable ports at own distance or enemies. Examples:
Habana-Key West, Matanzas-Las Tortugas, Baja-IslaMorada, Habana-Cayo Vizcaino, Matanzas-Mantua, Habana-Corrientes etc. X reals and 2000 doubloons.

3rd. Deliveries over huge distances, in own and enemy ports. Examples: Habana-Bensalem, Sarasota-Almería. Matanzas-Santanillas etc. X reals and 4000 doubloons.

Due to the long and high-risk journeys, please raise the rewards.

Thanks in advance. º7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

wait wait - you think the cargo missions don't give high enough rewards....?

and here I thought the fact that I don't have to pay anything and get 100% income with the risk of a t.brig was too much.

You may only use a tbrig, but many use several le gros, several Indiaman, etc. If you are in a large clan with an equal tbrig you have enough. To that we must add huge distances, huge expenses on ships, buildings, investments etc. And yes, there is very little reward for all that.

21 hours ago, Farrago said:

A big "NO" vote on the original post.

I don't know how much you want, but the game is generating money and doubloons for you via this mechanic already at a ridiculous rate.

Indeed, we agree. The doubloons generated by the game (depending on the distances to travel) are ridiculously low.

How much do I want? I put an example at the beginning of the post, how much I leave it in the hands of the DEVS., I only ask that you do not pay the same in doubloons for a trip from one port to another nearby than from Maracaibo to Santiago, for example. Ask a truck driver if he would charge the same for taking goods from London to Croydon and from London to Middlesbrough.

I sincerely believe that it is more fair to reward a trip that is much longer than what we are given now.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 8:30 PM, Teutonic said:

wait wait - you think the cargo missions don't give high enough rewards....?

yes

you have to haul trash all day and all night to craft some ship

so there's no reason not to increase those rewards

Edited by Captain2Strong

7 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

I only ask that you do not pay the same in doubloons for a trip from one port to another nearby than from Maracaibo to Santiago, for example. Ask a truck driver if he would charge the same for taking goods from London to Croydon and from London to Middlesbrough.

This actually makes sense.  Shorter trips pay less.  Longer trips pay more.

Currently the Econ Deliveries are very easy, no risk, and lucrative.  I would like to leave them as they are.  

But ... the reward could be proportional, instead of  always using 1000 Doubloons regardless of the distance between the ports.

It would be okay if we received a Doubloon rate per Km.  And to compensate for the reduction just include Doubloons and Reals for every delivery, rather than only paying Doubloons on some missions.

Example

• Santiago de Cuba to Maracabo = 1000 D
  • Portobelo to Santa Marta = 500 D
  • El Rancho to Aves = 3000 D
  • Nassau to Shroud Cay = 100 D

Or we can leave it as it is.  The net rewards will be about the same.

Edited by Macjimm

11 hours ago, Macjimm said:

But ... the reward could be proportional, instead of  always using 1000 Doubloons regardless of the distance between the ports.

Indeed, that's what I meant.

Santiago de Cuba to Maracabo = 1000 D

2000 D. 

Portobelo to Santa Marta = 500 D

1000 D

El Rancho to Aves = 3000 D

4000 D

Nassau to Shroud Cay = 100 D

500 D

We must consider 3 things:
1. In many cases you have to cross areas dominated by the enemy and take the charge to hostile port, with the corresponding risk. In many places quite high.
2. Time is gold. A trip from El Rancho to Aves on a loaded trader can take about 3 hours (?) If we have to be that time in front of the screen watching a ship move and avoiding areas where if they "catch us" everything goes to hell Well, that should be generously rewarded and not what they give today.
3.Teutonic told us it was a great reward for risking a trader brig. I insist, in many cases several ships are carried, be they trader brig, le gros ventre or indiamans. I have seen players through Florida, and they were not Spanish, carrying 3 Indiamans. So, what you risk is more than a trader brig.

Finally, and I am very grateful for your respectful response Macjimm, I do not understand why there are people who, instead of thinking that more doubloons mean more ships and more pvp for all, big clans, small and lonely players, think that the current rewards are fair or quite tall.

Given that the game is called Naval Action, not Naval Fedex, how about increasing reals and doubloons rewards for sinking AI ships instead of further encouraging the boring Fedex stuff?  I sank five Elite AIs of 1st-3rd rank yesterday, and didn't receive a single doubloon, a single ship note or any worthwhile upgrade and a total of around 70,000 reals for all that work.  A single Fedex mission with no risk on PvE and less risk on PvP would have netted me more than that.  There should be an increase in doubloons especially, but for combat, not for Fedex.

6 minutes ago, Karvala said:

I sank five Elite AIs of 1st-3rd rank yesterday, and didn't receive a single doubloon, a single ship note or any worthwhile upgrade and a total of around 70,000 reals for all that work.

No special guns ?! Each one of those 12pdr/18pdr is selling in the free market, 200k a piece or more last WTB I saw. Given the usual drop is 6 to 9 pieces, i'd say that earns more than a million ( almost two ) at present rate.

Cargo and Passengers missions are a essential mechanic for any captain that is new or for any captain that lost a ship and needs a fairly fast influx of cash to buy a ship from the admiralty and equip it with guns ( and possibly repairs ).

Trade of goods still earns good amount and rely on long trade routes.  Try being a trader of good linking ports in the Gulf to Windward Islands or even Trinidad isle.

• Like 1

There should be higher profit for real trading, not for those stupid missions. Fill your ship with cargo paid on your own and ship it across the carribean with the risk of loosing all you invested, that way you should make a hell of money.

What you propose here is just printing money. Make a button in port, every time you press it you get 1000 dubs and 100k reals.

We need the old cargo missions back, where you had to deliver a certain good to a certain town, no matter how and where you get it. All on your risk for a high profit.

Passenger missions are a good way for new players to get some money.

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

No special guns ?! Each one of those 12pdr/18pdr is selling in the free market, 200k a piece or more last WTB I saw. Given the usual drop is 6 to 9 pieces, i'd say that earns more than a million ( almost two ) at present rate.

Cargo and Passengers missions are a essential mechanic for any captain that is new or for any captain that lost a ship and needs a fairly fast influx of cash to buy a ship from the admiralty and equip it with guns ( and possibly repairs ).

Trade of goods still earns good amount and rely on long trade routes.  Try being a trader of good linking ports in the Gulf to Windward Islands or even Trinidad isle.

It is true.

you actually make more cash killing elite and selling the loot than doing cargo missions, fancy that - fighting in a battle gives more!

Now....if only we could loot cannons off player ships too...

1 minute ago, Malcolm3 said:

Not all players ships can be captured and taken to port to acquire guns from them

Can't have it all, sorry.

At least not at this very moment.

So, you capture or you don't :) 

Both give you the respective rewards according, if sink or if capture. 

5 hours ago, Hethwill said:

The only special guns from those five, plus another one this morning (so now six in a row) were Obusiers or Congreves, and neither of those sell for anything on the PvE server because players recognise that they're actually weaker in combat than standard guns.  Obusiers are useful for capping, but not many people are doing that, not least because the Elite AI cheats to the extent that you need at least a 4-to-1 crew ratio to stand any chance even with perfect action selection.  Obusiers and Congreves don't sell for more than 5k a piece if you can sell them at all.

I don't mind cargo or passenger missions existing and I appreciate their role in helping new or poor captains; what I object to is them being essentially the *only* way to earn any significant money (reals or dubs), so players are forced to do them rather than what you might say are the core actions of the game, i.e. combat.  Standard trade also earns relatively little on the PvE server; you only have to look at Felix's map to see that the most profitable trade routes - assuming that the goods are still there when you get there - can take an hour or more of sailing for a single trip and still earn less than one cargo mission in reals, and of course no dubs.  So if you want dubs for ship crafting, you HAVE to do cargo missions.  You simply can't get them any other way in sufficient quantity.  That's a major flaw in my view.  There seems to be a deliberate design to force players into cargo missions, but it's not clear why or who benefits, at least on PvE.

Edited by Karvala

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

It is true.

you actually make more cash killing elite and selling the loot than doing cargo missions, fancy that - fighting in a battle gives more!

Now....if only we could loot cannons off player ships too...

it's certainly not true on the PvE server, categorically.  You make practically nothing killing Elites for the reasons given above.

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

So, you capture or you don't :) 

Both give you the respective rewards according, if sink or if capture. 

So assume, you captured Rettvizan armed with 1pood licornes on both decks (you see them with spyglass). What will you do with such treasure?

3 hours ago, Karvala said:

it's certainly not true on the PvE server, categorically.  You make practically nothing killing Elites for the reasons given above.

well I didnt know you were on the Peace Server.

on the PvP Server these cannons are selling at a high price allowing you to make literal millions in an easy fashion.

4 hours ago, Malcolm3 said:

So assume, you captured Rettvizan armed with 1pood licornes on both decks (you see them with spyglass). What will you do with such treasure?

You seem really adamantly focused on dlc models which you know very well cannot be captured.

Take it as is like a champ and sink her.