Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Player Raids Explained - Small group content for War and Peace Server

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Honestly, I expected that the ones protecting the indiaman could be real players instead of NPCs. Cant be done this, @admin?

Scort NPCs could spawn 10 mins after the battle begins if no player joins.

No, this can be cheated, exploited and all you can imagine to get rewards for free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin said:

Captains

Player raids will be implemented soon. 

Here is some information that will help you prepare and train for this feature. 

Raid creation

  1. Raids are small group content - raid is only for 6 people or less
  2. Raids are pre-determined and are available on one rich port in the vicinity (by investment or tax)
  3. Each region can have 1 - 2 ports that can be raided on that particular day
  4. Raids are available for ALL members of the nation which have ports in the vicinity of the raided port
    1. Player can take 1 raid mission per day (but can help others participating in their raids)
  5. Raids are potentially profitable if you are raiding the rich port (this means not all raids are equal)
  6. For future reference lets assume that
    1. The raid origination port is Maracaibo - raid mission origin
    2. The port to be raided is Cartagena - raided port

Raid mechanics

  1. Player group (raiding group) of 6 captains sails to the port that can be raided (raided port) and joins the mission (indicated by the sword)
  2. Mission spawns 5-6 escort ships including the stationary cargo ship
  3. Stationary cargo ship contains the Raid Chest (weight around 3500 tons - to allow for guns and couple of repair cycles) 
  4. All ships must be destroyed and stationary ship can be captured or looted
    1. Players can bring their own indiaman or can just take the stationary ship, repair it and use it or add to fleet
  5. Raid chest contains % of port investments (items including combat marks, victory marks and doubloons)
  6. Raid chest is capturable 
    1. This means if you cap the raider (steal the chest) you can deliver it yourself to the raid origination point
    2. Because chest is heavy you can easily identify the ship carrying the chest
  7. Raid chest must be carried back to the port of the raid initiation
    1. If you taken the raid in Maracaibo on Cartagena - raid chest must be brought to Maracaibo. 
  8. You can open the raided chest in another port if you have the key. Raid chest keys can be obtained by open map activities
  9. Raid chest has the timer (like the Deadman chest) - which means you cannot log off and hide with it.
  10. Raid chest cannot be opened after the timer expired and becomes useless.

Meta gameplay

  1. If your nation has available raids for rich ports you just do the raids and use looted goods for game contents or upgrading your ports
  2. If your nation does not have good raid missions today due to its location you can arrive to raid area and try to capture the ships that carry the raided goods.

 

 

I like this idea. Could be improved but is good. 

Edited by Jorge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now I can raid my own port with alts all day long and multiply the investments?

Edited by rediii
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin said:

Such systems were investigated but were found impossible, due to abuse, holding, taking fake raids, etc.. 

As a result simple but effective system will work best
Chest is the flag. Come to port, take it and bring it back. As a result Everyone can participate, and trolls and alts cannot interfere.

 

did you ask the community for possible sollutions to abuse, holding, taking fake raids, etc.?? the flag system can be made better and more user friendly so what ideas did you have for possibly eliminating abuse, holding, taking fake raids??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alts are allowed, even part of the game by development, and now he has to think how to avoid them, at the end blocking all real action and good content we need.

I say "friends list", so if they do the alt thing they are no more in friends list. What am I missing here ? Port owner gives permission for raid defence, clan only or + friends or +nation and clan owners know the consequences !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rickard said:

did you ask the community for possible sollutions to abuse, holding, taking fake raids, etc.?? the flag system can be made better and more user friendly so what ideas did you have for possibly eliminating abuse, holding, taking fake raids??


Raids were EXTENSIVELY discussed with the community from the end of 2016. There were even detailed explanations of options 

There were even polls by us

and by others… 
Alts and trolls and griefing was also discussed with the community in public and in private. Your question assumes the opposite. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

What am I missing here ? Port owner gives permission for raid defence, clan only or + friends or +nation and clan owners know the consequences !

 

You are missing the spoon of shit in the barrel of whiskey. Which can be spoiling the whole barrel.

Alts exist in all mmmos and should be always taken into account. But Alts are a minor problem.
Main problem is griefing and raid denial by using friends and other nations. And even 6 griefers can ruin the raid for many (If it is symmetric pvp only event)

The main goal is to be for everyone and without griefing. Which means it must work even if there are only 6 players online. Which means it cannot be pvp only.

BUT

Raid chest delivery is the PVP part. Picking the chest is not the event. The event is bringing it back. 
Your pvp event is to find the raiders and sink them. Their goal is to avoid you. It is the PVP pure age of sail pvp.
 
Those who wanted raid to be a pvp 6v6 battle arranged fair battle go to patrols. Raid is an asymmetric event for EVERYONE. 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The time will show if its good implementation of raid or not, but it sounds very good. I like that this cant be easily exploited with alts 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin said:

You do not need a key if you open the the chest in the raid mission origin. 
Having said that - we want to make raiding chest carriers interesting without lots of hoops jumping. 

 

Asked him - he said its fine with him.. Loot is loot. It does not matter if it is on the docks or already loaded into the ship. 

if the port of origin in a nation control port then opening the chest if captured from the raiders becomes impossible because u cant enter another nation port unless sailing a trading ship

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, admin said:



Raid chest delivery is the PVP part. Picking the chest is not the event. The event is bringing it back. 
Your pvp event is to find the raiders and sink them. Their goal is to avoid you. It is the PVP pure age of sail pvp.
 
Those who wanted raid to be a pvp 6v6 battle arranged fair battle go to patrols. Raid is an asymmetric event for EVERYONE. 

 

Ok, I now understand this better.

I think this is the best explanation about it, I also think with raids being like this - as you said "for now" they won't kill investments of the owner of the port.

This can be a really really fun type of situation, but it also requires players to be vigilant.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
29 minutes ago, Staunberg said:

It can. As @rediii said what prevent me from using an alt in another nation to raid my own port. I just let nation know it is an alt raid and can do it in peace.

Trust me it will be exploited.

Actually there is no reason dutch, danes and swedes who are allied could not make a mutual agreement to raid each other freely. I feel like this will be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 hours ago, admin said:

Asked him - he said its fine with him.. Loot is loot. It does not matter if it is on the docks or already loaded into the ship. 

this is a sandbox mmo game, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Actually there is no reason dutch, danes and swedes who are allied could not make a mutual agreement to raid each other freely. I feel like this will be the case.

So many creative-exploit thinkers. I guess we are going to end up with the port owners paying in some way for a successful raid on their port if only to deter exploiting and to encourage a PvP defence.

Buster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Actually there is no reason dutch, danes and swedes who are allied could not make a mutual agreement to raid each other freely. I feel like this will be the case.

*sigh* We found another one. 

There are currently no alliances between the nations on the east side of the map. Yeah Swedes and French sometimes help each other out, and the same goes with the Danes and Dutch, but it is far from a real alliance. It's astounding that so many players keep assuming this while somehow not noticing the endless slaughter between the Danes and Swedes. We seriously hate each other.

Edited by Latron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
10 minutes ago, Latron said:

*sigh* We found another one. 

There are currently no alliances between the nations on the east side of the map. Yeah Swedes and French sometimes help each other out, and the same goes with the Danes and Dutch, but it is far from a real alliance. It's astounding that so many players keep assuming this while somehow not noticing the endless slaughter between the Danes and Swedes. We seriously hate each other.

I have personally shown up to screen at Ponce 3 times to help the Danes as Dutch. An rvr agreement is an alliance.

 

The swedes and french have a pve agreement where they dont attack each other's pve ships. Whats stopping them from raiding each other safely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Flinch said:

I have personally shown up to screen at Ponce 3 times to help the Danes as Dutch. An rvr agreement is an alliance.

 

The swedes and french have a pve agreement where they dont attack each other's pve ships. Whats stopping them from raiding each other safely?

 One agreement does not mean it's an alliance. An alliance means not attacking each other at all in any form. And a pve agreement? What even is that? We attack each other all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Staunberg said:

Why should we be hating the Swedes? 

We go over to Gustavia in 5 rates. Often alone ore in small groups. Thats not hate. Thats just to make small battles, in easy to replace ships. 

Yes we in general get ganked. Thats the game. We do hope that the Swedish captain, in time will see the benefit for both part,  to come in 5 rate and more ore less same size groups. Will be great and fun fights. But untill that happens we take the ganking, because we know it will take time to understand the benefit for both side. We use easy to replace ships, with no upgrades. 

So PvP against a even skilled opponent, where the lose is easy to replace. Well thats basicly content, training and fun for all. Would we offer that to somebody we hate?

Fair enough if the swedish hate us, but dont say we hate you, because we dont. We love you. And we would love you even more, if you to put your hand forward, accepted oure invite to some fun content, for both side.

We have attempted to have a better relationship with Denmark many times, but certain groups within your nation truly do hate us, and some clans have chosen to side with the Russians when they've engaged Sweden in the past. Of course not all clans in Denmark are bad, but those who like to ruin the fun for everyone make it impossible to get along when they interfere with important battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
19 minutes ago, Latron said:

 One agreement does not mean it's an alliance. An alliance means not attacking each other at all in any form. And a pve agreement? What even is that? We attack each other all the time.

Why are you being contrarian for no reason. There is no reason to deny an rvr alliance exist.

Also Ive witnessed the french/swedish pve agreement. Since AI ships of another nation only spawn at enemy ports. The french and swedes pve along their border and dont attack each other.(rogue clans dont follow this)

If you attack a swede with a Dutch flag on your ship they get confused thinking you are french and complain your breaking the french/swedish agreement. 

My point still stands. There is literally NO MECHANIC to prevent two friendly nations from raiding each other since there is no negative effect from being raided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Staunberg said:

It can. As @rediii said what prevent me from using an alt in another nation to raid my own port. I just let nation know it is an alt raid and can do it in peace.

Trust me it will be exploited.

 

1 hour ago, Flinch said:

Actually there is no reason dutch, danes and swedes who are allied could not make a mutual agreement to raid each other freely. I feel like this will be the case.

A trading ship carrying very expensive cargo to a distant port is a target even if it is an alt. We do not care if an alt sails outside and you should to. As long as it is attackable for profit. 

+ We did not say there will be no consequences for the raided port going forward. We said there we might add them in the future if raids become popular.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
53 minutes ago, admin said:

 

A trading ship carrying very expensive cargo to a distant port is a target even if it is an alt. We do not care if an alt sails outside and you should to. As long as it is attackable for profit. 

+ We did not say there will be no consequences for the raided port going forward. We said there we might add them in the future if raids become popular.

trust me it will be exploited, just as the RoE was exploited by pirates, just as most of us predicted LONG before you redid the mechanic.

And do you know why people would dare to do the exploit? Its because you only give warnings and a clap on the players back and say dont do it more then this time, if you make something CLEAR stick by it and people will probably not exploit stuff in your game, but then again you would have to ban most of the 1000 players left in the game.

 

Besides a raid happened with 1 ship, it happened with 2 ships, it happened with 20 ships, having this game as a sandbox mmo as you've said earlier contradicts to it, yes you can see yourself fighting other ships aswell as the forts, or you can see yourself sneak into the port sacking the port without much combat (quick in n' out mission).

But the mechanic you're going with is literally like when you attack a player that has hit his destination port, he is afk with his 3 escort AI warships and random group are passing by engaging close to the port, boards him in the first 10 minutes, grabs the most valuable stuff and leaves.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rediii said:

So now I can raid my own port with alts all day long and multiply the investments?

No one would be such a hello kitty to do this. And, if @admin wants, when you announce it's an alt raid, there is the proof of using alts in a manner unintended for the game.

1 hour ago, RubyRose said:

if the port of origin in a nation control port then opening the chest if captured from the raiders becomes impossible because u cant enter another nation port unless sailing a trading ship

Which means we will see a lot more Indiamans on the seas :D

1 hour ago, Staunberg said:

It can. As @rediii said what prevent me from using an alt in another nation to raid my own port. I just let nation know it is an alt raid and can do it in peace.

Trust me it will be exploited.

Same answer to redii above. Announce it's an alt raid and viola there's punishable proof...if admin so chooses.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

 

A trading ship carrying very expensive cargo to a distant port is a target even if it is an alt. We do not care if an alt sails outside and you should to. As long as it is attackable for profit. 

+ We did not say there will be no consequences for the raided port going forward. We said there we might add them in the future if raids become popular.

Consider making an announcement now that alt raiding is forbidden? Can't wait for the raids to affect the port owner and anyone with buildings there. But let's test away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...