Game-Labs Forum

2 New Items: Loki Rune, And Ship Logbook

Honestly I think Loki and Log is the move in the right direction. Its a step a side into needed content. It needs twitching, etc, but not removed. Would be great is similar content added patch after patch.

We also need some complex missions. I can write a sample mission and its storyline.

We also need a navigation that is interesting “longitute-latitude calculation mini-game” to pin point your location. Gives you something to do on long sail.

We need spyglass improved.

We need player driven economy and trade hubs.

We need player professions added. This is even braver move than Loki. But its content that will be welcomed.

We need pirate mechanic.

We need privateering mechanic.

Now that devs started working on adding content - Please dont stop them there!!!!

• Like 7

I have yet to either get a Loki to use myself or faced a AI turned Player using a Loki, but it sounds cool.

However, battle results from a Loki battle should be PVP results for both parties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, koltes said:

Honestly I think Loki and Log is the move in the right direction. Its a step a side into needed content. It needs twitching, etc, but not removed. Would be great is similar content added patch after patch.

We also need some complex missions. I can write a sample mission and its storyline.

We also need a navigation that is interesting “longitute-latitude calculation mini-game” to pin point your location. Gives you something to do on long sail.

We need player professions added. This is even braver move than Loki. But its content that will be welcomed.

We need pirate mechanic.

Now that devs started working on adding content - Please dont stop them there!!!!

Who knows, may be he will listen to you ? :)

On 10/23/2019 at 10:18 AM, WilsonMG said:

Loki Runes...  because consensual PvP apparently wasn't good enough, they're now turning our PvE battles into PvP without the consent of the player who sailed out to grind some PvE.  Sure, let's fine tune it to make sure it favors the troll with nothing better to do than randomly drop into some poor bastard's battle!

I feel like the title of the post-release development roadmap should be "New Ways to Keep Frustrating Our Players Until They All Quit".

Your playing an open world MMO, there is no consensual only PvP on the war server as any one can jump into your battle or tag you on the open world.

Honestly this is why I love what SC is doing, 80% NPC AI and 10% players is the goal and you don't know what is AI or player, it's all the same.  

Hell aren't you in the Pirate nation which is suppose to be the most hard core nation other than the imposiible nations? If you wanted to farm PvE you picked the wrong nation for that.

3 hours ago, [MCC] Die Antwoord said:

You get absolutely nothing, no loot, no XP. Not sure if the kill counts towards PVP missions (either side), I heard conflicting info. The kill does show in the combat news chat.

I do know that both parties gets credit for the kills on there PvP hunt missions if they sink the players.

3 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

u can grind some pve on pve server and noone can stop u!

And remeber that when aggresive AI comes, it shouldn't matter all ships should be treated as players/AI....or better ENEMY's of your nation.    I some times think folks forget that War is a PvE/PvP server (thought most forget the PvE part).  While Peace is the PvE only server.  War has it all...pretty much.

11 hours ago, admin said:

We gave PVE server, port battles, investments, clan control and taxation and some pvp (through loki).
We gave PVP server MORE pvp. 

Catering to players is how we make money. It is strange that you bring it up. We will continue catering to players.
We have NOT forced ANYONE onto the War server. And will continue expanding PVP fun for everyone on War server. 
We are not forcing anyone to attack NPC ships. You pick the targets and their quantity. 

No you are not forcing players to log into the war server, more like forcing players who want to gain ranks by attacking ai to now fight against veteran players. If you actually read what I wrote you might understand why the population went from 1200 to 200 in a very short period of time. So yes, you made your money and ensured that the idea of a refund was a very remote and near impossible process. Following this business model, it will be interesting to see how successful naval action 2 will be. So what exactly do you expect new player retention to be when the experience they have includes fighting an ai that rips them apart (due to loki), an economy that makes it take months to build anything (considering the lack of ways to generate a million reals), and there being nothing as an incentive for veterans to help new players? There have been several suggestions made to address these issues but since they do not benefit hardcore pvp players they were rejected/ignored/discarded. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Raekur said:

If you actually read what I wrote you might understand why the population went from 1200 to 200 in a very short period of time. 

The game has been going from 800-600 to 200 EVERY DAY for the last 2 years.  Some say the online has been constantly falling every day. 
aonjZ4Z.png

The short fluctuations also happen in a very short time just like you said it. Right within a day.
One day is indeed a very short period of time - just like you said. Its caused by time zones.
You see, more people are playing in the EU time zone than in the Night, as a result online drops from 800 to 200 EVERY DAY. 

BMOnCrF.png

It is even worse though.. Worse than you said. Online drops to zero - every day!  Can you imagine? Zero players during maintenance.
This game is dying so fast.. that online drops to zero EVERY FREAKING DAY. 

• Like 6

Whats interesting is this.

Peace server players requested port battles, requested investment, requested taxation and asked for Fair PVP.
Peace they got it all and got the Loki Rune (the NPC prayer to gods to help them). 
I have not seen any complaint about the Loki from the peace server ;).
Most complaints about the Loki are is coming from the War server inhabitants. 

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, admin said:

Peace server players requested port battles, requested investment, requested taxation and asked for Fair PVP.
Peace they got it all and got the Loki Rune (the NPC prayer to gods to help them). 

That is because the PVE-Server-Players are so bad that the battle becomes more easy when a player replace the AI 😆

Nah, of course just an evil joke 😀

• Like 3

On 9/3/2019 at 7:29 PM, admin said:

Ship Logbook

Item Description:
Omnia iam fient quae posse negabam

Origin known: Drops from open world combat activities
Purpose known: Shows open PVP battles in a certain radius around the player.

This is a pvp item - it probably wont work on the Peace server even for testing

С вашего позволения, я на родном)

Судовой журнал при его активизации в Рио Секо показал в т.ч. и ПВЕ бои в непосредственной близости от Рио-Секо. Выглянув из Рио в открытое море действительно увидел, как три группы пиратов атаковали ботов и живых людей со стороны атакованных не было (в 2 случаях это был просто 1 атакованный бот, в 3-м случае - 2 бота).

Просьба довести pvp item до отображения только pvp.

Руна Локи забросила меня за бота в pvp сражение, начавшееся как pve  - на сторону бота зашел игрок. Но к моменту моего заброса этот игрок вышел, а мой бот остался с 1 риской структуры и начал тонуть. Ничего сделать с этим, имея 2 противников игроков в непосредственной близости, было нельзя.

Просьба организовать заброс на корабли, имеющие хотя бы половину структуры, а лучше - заброс в едва начавшиеся бои.

Противники по спускающимся парусам бота в момент передачи управления забрасываемому игроку могут определить, что это заброс по Руне Локи, боты обычно паруса не спускают, иначе как если боятся врезаться в другой корабль.

Просьба дать возможностъ переписываться в боевом чате, раз противники все равно могут увидеть, что против них теперь не бот, а человек. Если это pvp, то тем более интересно контактировать с игроками, сражающимися в этом бою на твоей стороне.

9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And remeber that when aggresive AI comes, it shouldn't matter all ships should be treated as players/AI....or better ENEMY's of your nation.

Dunno man, how can you treat braindead AI and a human player all the same? You just play fundamentally different vs them. Thats why I hope aggressive AI will never happen (again) because I cannot imagine how that is an interesting mechanic.

well i don't know what's the fuss all about..

i have not got a loki rune.... (yet)  and i will not use one either (i have my own ship to sail)

besides, what's the point..... you gain nothing ...

(i was not even aware i sunk a player  lol.)

other loki s are more important,.. like ....:

- i would rather see good economics and trade update for the game .

- and new ships.

- and nice balanced outposts in various br ratings.

- more control of the building capability of your own port. (endless growth by investments)

- bonus xp for first battle this day per ship.(so every ship is used instead of wasa all day)

- bonus on fighting a player (x3) bonus on fighting multiple ships in one battle.

- better balance on xp when fighting on smaller ships (those fights are more intense than fighting on a big ship and those fight are undervalued (7&6 rate)  )

-less RNG.(shooting)

- more port slots.

- more ui options.

- capability to work on your economy during sailing

- better leaderboard.

- Combat News asked for a better notification (by introduction of loki)

- better mission use mechanic. (instead of clicking cm missions restriction)

and much more.

just a small portion of what is more important... than a loki wish.....

BUT: we all have to give credit to development it is a one of a kind ...

it is distinctive and can t be found in a game.  of this kind of game...

so i do understand the development.

that's why it feels odd and controversial.

so stop whining about it ... if you don't like it... don't use it.

quote of the day ;

Gold is not Gold , if you are not willing to use it. @admin

Edited by Thonys

10 minutes ago, JoeForKyo said:

That would be because it doesn't work on the PVE server. Or, to be more precise, nor me neither anyone I've met so far has managed to get it to work. And to be honest, if Loki Rune is your idea of fair pvp..

agree.

and ,

fair is only fair.... when it is rewarded ....and notified .(so there is something to work on [ Combat News asked for a better notification] )

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

i never heard of anyone used it or got it working on pve. maybe aswell people ane't aware of suddenly fighting a player. pve players aswell are way less active in forum. if this actually works on pve you will get to hear lots of complains about it very soon.

that has absolutly nothing to do with fair pvp. but if you insist that i think your definition of fair is most likely a different one most people have. 

fair pvp on the peace server could look like zones where pvp s allowed or sending a fight request the other one needs to confirm. rewarding delivery missions who require you to be "flagged" as PVP active.

most mmo's i played had some kind of mechanics like that ... instead your view of fair is letting someone who wants to fight AI fight against a player without they even know. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, koltes said:

Concur.

That would bring in more players, I believe.

Noooo!  Too much like work!  As the ships captain, I wish to lean against the Mizzen mast and watch the Middies do the sextant grind.

Really?  I find that it is perfectly flawed for the age.

That's huge.  I would rather see a smaller, more achievable improvement to trade, where carrying trade goods gives more profit than doing trade missions.

We need pirate mechanic.

that most complains about Loki rune is comming from PVP server is caurse we are PVP players. That means that you need repairs. Loki rune is mostly killing the guy whichis using it caurse u spawn into an AI which is A half dead b doesnt have repairs or is Beached. 

And the mainthing is: With that thing you just have fun going into battles where you ahve Newbees, which may quit the game. I would Prefer to not have that thing on hte PVP server. Same with the Speedbost sails things this game is more and more like super mario cart. And thats not a compliment. Speed up all ships bei the Double open water speed, remove Loki run and those Speed things and put instead more of those Papers inside (but they are just usefull with GPS perk...)

8 hours ago, admin said:

Loki Rune works on PVE server?

What nonsense is this? When I play on the PVE server its because I DONT want to do PVP!

• Like 3

One disappointment in Loki is the inability to battle chat with the new Loki-ed no-longer-AI opponent.  It would be great to know who you are dealing with and chat like in a normal battle.

I think allowing the Loki-er to say "Ha Ha, take this you big bully" or the Loki-ed to say "If I'd known Koltes was going to take command I might have reconsidered attacking an Indefatigable with a Mercury"...

I'm a little disappointed in the game's shrinking social aspects.  We lost open-world communications with opponents, which I found usually fun.  One reason people play MMOGs is because there are other people involved.  Without communications, not much difference.

Regarding the whole Loki concept, its genius.  One of my favorite parts of the old "Napoleon Total War" was the ability to open up your battles to random opposing players.  This should be similar fun.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

One disappointment in Loki is the inability to battle chat with the new Loki-ed no-longer-AI opponent.  It would be great to know who you are dealing with and chat like in a normal battle.

I think allowing the Loki-er to say "Ha Ha, take this you big bully" or the Loki-ed to say "If I'd known Koltes was going to take command I might have reconsidered attacking an Indefatigable with a Mercury"...

I'm a little disappointed in the game's shrinking social aspects.  We lost open-world communications with opponents, which I found usually fun.  One reason people play MMOGs is because there are other people involved.  Without communications, not much difference.

Regarding the whole Loki concept, its genius.  One of my favorite parts of the old "Napoleon Total War" was the ability to open up your battles to random opposing players.  This should be similar fun.

Well the Loki player sees his victim's name and can always PM him. I've done it with a player and it worked, we had a chat and all. I think the devs wanted it to be a cat and mouse thing, so kinda makes sense to block most indications.

• Like 2

I just learned today that Loki works on peace server. Could not trust my eyes when people wrote about it on global chat.

And it's not funny losing ships by sudden takeovers of NPC by players. Isn't that hurting the principle devs defended all the time: "No PvP whatsoever on this server"?

I suggest you change this system in such way that Loki user enters into fleet ship of someone, so he would not fight against him, but help him.

Of course he would not keep this ship if he just sailed out of battle. How's about that version?

--

So if the defenses of "No PvP whatsoever on this server" are broken, why not the "consensual duel" thing? At least that is fair towards participants. Loki in the present form isn't. At least for PvE Peace Server.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldcrankyman said:

Exactly right.  The first flaw in this fiasco is assuming that people only play on one server or the other.  I mostly play on PVP, but when I don't feel like getting sucked into a 90 minute battle that I don't have time for, I log into PVE.  The devs have just destroyed that concept totally.

I originally got this game years ago to help assist in the overall technical development and testing of the game. To this end, I find this concept of ambush tactics on peaceful players go against every reason why people join the PvE server. If the developers wish to implement such elements into the game, then it not only contradicts everything they've said before "there will be no PvP in the PvE server" but does so in a manner that ruins the game for many new players should a more professional player join the fight and sink them. Further, ambush PvP isn't fair PvP. If PvP is enabled, then I'd suggest doing things in a more sea trials manner. Allowing players access to consensual duels that both sides agree too via port; with a safety of not losing ships. Therefore adding fair PvP into the server in a manner that doesn't contradict open world peace mechanics, or create an unfair advantage through surprise. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Decatur said:

new players should a more professional player join the fight and sink them

Please stop talking about new players and loki. New players cannot be invaded and solo missions cannot be invaded. 

If a player attacks anything in the open world - its his choice of ships. Having a player or not a player commandeering that ship does not matter. Ship stats remain the same and NPC ships have horrible stats IN TURNING. 

Loki also helps to see that AI is not really over buffed or crazy strong as users say. 

• Like 1