Game-Labs Forum

2 New Items: Loki Rune, And Ship Logbook

13 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We all know Pray button was the Global/PvP2 server Pirate hack button.  That was at least what we keep telling the US and GB players since they always accused us of hacking.

Well judging by the current actions of that pirate clan, I guess many of the accusations leveled against them were true, maybe not hacking but cheating by any means. 

• Like 1

My theory for the Loki Rune is that it will allow at least a trade ship to disguise as another nation. Purpose: once someone has stolen one of those new raid chests, they'll either need a key or be able to get the chest into the raid originating harbor. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 5:29 PM, admin said:

Ship Logbook
Item Description:
Omnia iam fient quae posse negabam

Origin known: Drops from open world combat activities
Purpose known: Shows open PVP battles in a certain radius around the player.

This is a pvp item - it probably wont work on the Peace server even for testing

How does it work? Do I have to choose "use" to get it working?

I got the Loki Rune thing after fighting and NPC elite Essex, the icon for it is what looks a bit like a jesters head. I opened it in port and it instantly chucked me into a battle on a badly damaged French Trinco against a Pirate Victory which had just sunk a Frigate. It had no repairs on board and was just about floating, I ran out of range of the Victory then exited the battle thinking it might drop me somewhere random on the map but it just put me back in port where I was before. In my eyes all a bit pointless really.....

• Like 1

and it works not only for OW fight but also for any missions (including hostility). Probably works for PBs etc. imagine some clan is capping Neutral port and you can prevent them to doing so by activating the rune and prevent them to cap the port 🤣

exited the battle

lol. that guy probably was super confused about such move from "NPC". 

BTW i guess it should be fixed a bit, since join battle as "NPC" when the ship has already too much damaged not fun 😕
Like NPC should has at least % of HP left. OR battle is last not more than Y minutes

Edited by Red Tail
  • Like 2

Seeing these inventions... I want hire a fireball-launcher wizard and two dragons... Next patch would be even idio.... I mean grater.

Seriously, only can see some logic in this whole patch of the goal is get everybody leaving the game voluntarily.... So nobody complains when you shut down the server. 

If the goal is save money without claims from players, we'll done.... otherwise, only can explain it as a decision made during the worst hangover of your life... 

And we saw things like the fine woods, I mean, the bar was very high, it even seemed impossible to overcome it but... some wise man spoke long ago about the only two infinite things we know and here we have a fabulous example of one of them

Edited by zaba
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, mikawa said:

How does it work? Do I have to choose "use" to get it working?

I used two of them last night.  Duration of both was 9 minutes.  1st one was in a relatively empty spot on the map and it showed me nothing for the whole time.  2nd one was near La Tortue and it put up big yellow swords on the map where battles were in progress.  Additional info was the BR's in the battle but not the nationality. 

• Like 1

Loki Runes...  because consensual PvP apparently wasn't good enough, they're now turning our PvE battles into PvP without the consent of the player who sailed out to grind some PvE.  Sure, let's fine tune it to make sure it favors the troll with nothing better to do than randomly drop into some poor bastard's battle!

I feel like the title of the post-release development roadmap should be "New Ways to Keep Frustrating Our Players Until They All Quit".

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 2:28 PM, zaba said:

Seeing these inventions... I want hire a fireball-launcher wizard and two dragons... Next patch would be even idio.... I mean grater.

Seriously, only can see some logic in this whole patch of the goal is get everybody leaving the game voluntarily.... So nobody complains when you shut down the server. 

If the goal is save money without claims from players, we'll done.... otherwise, only can explain it as a decision made during the worst hangover of your life... 

And we saw things like the fine woods, I mean, the bar was very high, it even seemed impossible to overcome it but... some wise man spoke long ago about the only two infinite things we know and here we have a fabulous example of one of them

Thanks for feedback

LOKI is a very polarizing feature, and best features are usually very polarizing. They are both loved and hated.  LOKI is staying in game. Because a lot of players love it.
We love dark souls and invasions are an integral part of dark souls experience. We wanted to do it for a very long time and finally got balls to get it in. New exciting things will come in the future as well. 

ps. hidden benefit - improved ai. 

• Like 9

The Loki runs is the materialization of granting a big boost to the pvp hungry players at the expense of others by allowing them to FORCE another player to doing pvp without warning by ambushing them. So add this to the list of catering to the pvp players at the expense of the pve, and traders. While the rune might be entertaining, I suspect it will get a lot of hate if it permits hostile players to enter battles that they otherwise would never be able to enter.

On 10/23/2019 at 5:18 PM, WilsonMG said:

Loki Runes...  because consensual PvP apparently wasn't good enough, they're now turning our PvE battles into PvP without the consent of the player who sailed out to grind some PvE.  Sure, let's fine tune it to make sure it favors the troll with nothing better to do than randomly drop into some poor bastard's battle!

u can grind some pve on pve server and noone can stop u!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raekur said:

The Loki runs is the materialization of granting a big boost to the pvp hungry players at the expense of others by allowing them to FORCE another player to doing pvp without warning by ambushing them. So add this to the list of catering to the pvp players at the expense of the pve, and traders. While the rune might be entertaining, I suspect it will get a lot of hate if it permits hostile players to enter battles that they otherwise would never be able to enter.

We gave PVE server, port battles, investments, clan control and taxation and some pvp (through loki).
We gave PVP server MORE pvp. 

Catering to players is how we make money. It is strange that you bring it up. We will continue catering to players.
We have NOT forced ANYONE onto the War server. And will continue expanding PVP fun for everyone on War server. 
We are not forcing anyone to attack NPC ships. You pick the targets and their quantity. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, admin said:

Thanks for feedback

LOKI is a very polarizing feature, and best features are usually very polarizing. They are both loved and hated.  LOKI is staying in game. Because a lot of players love it.
We love dark souls and invasions are an integral part of dark souls experience. We wanted to do it for a very long time and finally got balls to get it in. New exciting things will come in the future as well. 

ps. hidden benefit - improved ai. 

Loki looks like a great feature but I have yet to try it. Can you put some cracked red eye orbs in my account? I would farm them but I can't find the arena. 😃

• Like 2